Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. roostasix

roostasix

Any other restored supers out there? Here are a couple of photos of our ride that took us seven years to complete. We finished it last September. Those old parts are hard to find... I wish I had known of the HAMB earlier...

Attached Files:

gnichols and dana barlow like this.
  2. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

You would think that some of the older home made Texas Supers from the sixties,Longview Racing Bowl, Tyler, and Devils Bowl would have survived. I've seen some restored 60's era New England supers at shows up here.

3. Those have always been my favorite type of race car by far. My street-legal "convertible supermod/sprint car" will use the Edmunds coupe body (caged) in its supermod configuration and the Watson hood and tail (roll bar and open cockpit) when in its sprint car guise.

Your coupe is beautiful !! :)

Attached Files:

4. Buildy

Buildy

5. McKee

McKee

Sweet!,...any pics of it without the body panels?

6. Welcome roostasix!

Man he ought to have pics of it without body panels. He and his Dad built this car back up from the point of extermination a race car can get without going over.

K, you might think about throwing on some muffflers just in case the 'restored' driver runs down to the BBQ joint again!LOL

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice job. Gary

8. roostasix

roostasix

Here are some 'putting it together' and 'no body' photos.

Kyle

Attached Files:

• six6.jpg
      six6.jpg
      File size:
      113 KB
      Views:
    • six7.jpg
      six7.jpg
      File size:
      109.7 KB
      Views:
    • six8.jpg
      six8.jpg
      File size:
      107.4 KB
      Views:
    • six9.jpg
      six9.jpg
      File size:
      113.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm looking for a pair of repairable early 60's correct wide 5 wheels, for my t roadster you guys know where i can get some??

10. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Those "Naked" pics are the best. Is that gold color cad plating, anodizing or paint?

11. roostasix

roostasix

The wheels are painted as close to Dow 7 as we could get... everything else is gold cadium plating.

12. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Very pretty... Gotta love a pretty super..
    Dave
    ISMA
    MSA
    USAC
    AUTO VALUE SUPER SPRINT FAN.......

13. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

terrific job roostasix et all

Not mine but one of my favorites (courtesy Norwood Arena Speedway)
    [​IMG]
    Prior to Norwood Arena going NASCAR in 1960, "cut downs" where the fastest thing on 4 wheels at the track. They were considered to be extremely fast and extremely dangerous to drive. Reino Tulonen is pictured here in one of the cars to be beat in the late 1950s.
    Photo by: Paul Conley

A recreation but pretty darn good one.
    [​IMG]

gnichols and AHotRod like this.
  14. roostasix,

that car is stunning with or without the body!thanks for those pics.

15. I think this is the same model isn't it? From Kansas. These cars were called Parson after Dale Parson the builder from OkC by way of Wichita,KS. They had a distinct southwest flair to them..................UPDATE- This car was actually a Jelly car from the man who showed us how it was to be done, Jelly Wilhelm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  16. Not sure I can say who or where it is, but this is a recent barnfind

[​IMG]

17. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

roostasix
    Very nice race car, what brand of paint and color are your wheels

"Doc" Parsons

18. roostasix

roostasix

RM paint... the guy mixed it til it looked right. Sorry.

19. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

20. Roosta,

What size is that tubing for the mainrail? I have heard 2" from many, but that looks smaller and many I have seen looked smaller than 2".

21. I've breezed thru this thread and others like it here just recently and I MAY have alot of stuff you guys could use.

My late father-in-law and his brother owned/ran Supers from way back in the early sixties until about seven years ago. It was actually while as a crew member on a rivals Super, that I met my current wife after a race up in Eureka, Ca.

Anyway, there are shelves full of old 60's upright items crowding me in my shop (which my brother-in-law claims he has "tried" to find a home for), that my late father-in-law apparently stashed away as they progressed thru the years.
    In fact, their original car is still intact, and runs as a pre-race guest (with Edlund at the wheel) at a few of the local tracks off and on.

If the name Edlund, and/or Trigueiro ring a bell, then you know most of the stories, the latter is my late father-in-law.

If there's certain parts you are looking for, let me know, and I'll try to lite a fire underneath my brother-in-law. PM me or [email protected]

22. roostasix

roostasix

Brian,

I think it is 2", but I'll measure it and let you know.

Kyle

23. Thanks

24. roostasix

roostasix

Brian,

I just measured, and the main rails are 2 inches.

Kyle

25. Okay, that ends that confusion. Thank you. I know I've been told countless times they are 2", but you know how things can get in this deal. Some will round off numbers, others will state "exact" numbers. Many like myself state what we are told,as we remember it without a photographic memory, which is of course a 50-50 deal, give or take!

Thank you

26. From Kansas, an olds powered coupe!

[​IMG]

27. All original Flathead powered super. Built in the fashion of a winning Kansas super by Pius Selenke, this car was mothballed for 40 plus years!

[​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  28. Two more hardcharging cars from Kansas of the KAR group. Kyle I know you know these cars but the rest of the world ............well

[​IMG]

GenIIIRacing likes this.