Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. fleet-master

fleet-master

just stumbled upon this thread and wonderin on the progress on this coupe? looks like it was shapin up pretty nice..:) , PB

2. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Very cool, i wanta see a hornet 6 in that!!!

3. You've done so much work to that body so far, why skimp out? Go for the gusto and get the 308 with Twin-H power!

4. choptvan

choptvan

Still tryin to gether parts. I have 2 hudsons I am looking for parts for. This 31, and a 42. The 31 needs doors, decklid, and a grille before I really get into her. The 42 has a nonfitting 40 front clip with a 47 hood. Plus the car was wrecked pretty damn bad. The 42 has a 331 caddy while I have no motor for the 31. We will see which one gets the parts quicker. Whichever does gets built. Thanks for the interest guys.

5. fleet-master

fleet-master

6. choptvan

choptvan

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

What a cool car, I had no idea these cars existed.

Very nice.

8. Nice, I really like Hudsons.............

9. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I like this car. I especially like the all hudson theme.

10. fleet-master

fleet-master

must be parts around for your Hudsons Choptvan...they're like bellybuttons!! :D:D:p

like the 31..very cool PB

11. jazz1

jazz1

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  12. choptvan

choptvan

Damn.. dont tempt me! Thanks guys for helpin keep this towrads the top. I REALLY need those partsfor the 42 first. But if the parts for this one came up, I might just change my mind!

13. Ramblur

Ramblur

Don't give up on a Hornet motor. Running one in my 49 sedan but broke both compression rings in one cylinder on the way to Viva last year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old Jahn's pistons were done and the crank was already 30/30 so plan B was the spare engine that came with the car. The head wasn't on it when I got it and had some rust so it just got oiled down and slid under a bench. Imagine my surprise when teardown revealed a NEW standard bore,standard crank never run engine.
    [​IMG]

Both of my engine are 55-6 vintage when Hudson was on the rocks and being absorbed into AMC and are a little different from the earlier 308's.
    For starters the cranks are a 1/2 inch shorter to the flywheel flange and
    the flange is threaded wereas the earlier motors used through bolts/nuts.
    Still there were lots of these motors left when Hudson went under and in the early 60's JC Whitney would sell you a carbs to pan complete engine
    for a couple a hundred. There still out there...somewhere... An easy way to spot a 308 is the cast rib running the length of the block just above the oil pan rail on the drivers side.
    [​IMG]

The Clifford head and header are still available new afaik and I've heard that a brand new finned aluminum head is now or will soon be available from another manufacturer. Best of luck on your Hudson builds.
    [​IMG]

BTW, the wire wheels you've seen on my 30 Essex earlier in this thread are/were optional in place of the standard wood wheel BUT use a different hub/drum to accomodate the wire wheel and they may be harder to find than the wheels themselves,plus you would need later axles to get juice brakes.

14. choptvan

choptvan

SWEET lookin engine! I will have one. Someday. Thanks for the replies!

15. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

fuck it just go to the classifieds and buy my 32

16. choptvan

choptvan

Does it have doors? Deck lid? Hood? Hood sides? Grille? What do you want for it?

edit

after looking at the add, and noticing it is the same as the link above, no thanks. Way over priced IMO. I know it is hudson, but it isn't even close to the same as far as doors, deck, nothing I am in need of.

17. 1933BOB

1933BOB

I have the back half of a coupe with the deck lid and quarters and cross sections!!!!!

18. choptvan

choptvan

How mcuh do you want for it?

19. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Whats up with the Hudson?

20. choptvan

choptvan

Gone. Sold it to a family friend. To a guy I can buy it back from when the chance arrizes. My sister got in a real bad jamb financially. So she had to go. Still have my 42. And still following leads on parts for it.

21. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

I may have a 30 31 light bar and head lights
    Do you need? send me pm

22. 1933BOB

1933BOB