Register now to get rid of these ads!

The

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Oct 31, 2012.

1. F&J

F&J

No, it's a 33.

All 1933 Chevy trucks used 32 car sheetmetal. It is a 33.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

great...now I want one...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Would still be only three windows.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

"200K", as in dollars? :confused: Wow, well, ok then I guess.

5. racerjeff

racerjeff
    from Fresno, CA

Here is another one.

Attached Files:

6. alchemy

alchemy

There's a "made-up" one, restored, here is central Iowa. It's a convincing job, but I'm not sure who did the work on the conversion.

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I had Kemps Rod & Restoration in Michigan do mine using the McRae wood kit. It looks as close to an original as possible. I started with a really nice CA 2 dr body and took it from there. I painted it Folkstone Grey (actually a light tan) with a black interior. Mines the primered car in the R&C article. I think Poteets was the first one Kemp did?

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

There are several real Henry Deuce sedan deliveries in the LA area and I know many of the owners. Deliveries are not for everyone. They are difficult to see out of and have only two seats. Now if this doesn't bother you then proceed.

I think they are real desirable and worth buying. The John Deats delivery did not bring the big money at the auction but later sold for a decent price. In my opinion, do a conversion and loose the bragging rights but gain respect for creating your own version. Price and value are not synonymous on a real one but I would say $100K should buy you a nice stocker. You may get lucky and purchase one for less.

Here is one that Jim Hendricks did for my friend in Northern CA.

Attached Files:

9. Model T1

Model T1

Yep, 33 Chevy with the three narrow doors on hood sides and short headlight bars from fender to grille.

10. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Here is the one in the LeMay Car Museum in Tacoma. The rear door would be the most difficult part of a conversion. The side windows are basically a piece of plywood with sheet metal bonded to it and bolted in place over the side window from the inside.

11. F&J

F&J

was it in eastern Ct?

12. OKAY KIDS
    WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE DELIVERY DOORS?

I am gonna do this to my sedan

I am inspired

13. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I saw this at the So-Cal open house in 2009.

Attached Files:

14. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

They look great...good luck in your search.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  15. ratrod0

ratrod0

They are hard to see out off cool to look at but not to drive. I drove my dads around alot. cant see to drive real good. Sold it to some guy in San-fran CAL.

Attached Files:

16. I've done a few,from sedans..... this one was for a Hamber, Miles M....

Attached Files:

17. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I love Busters sedan!

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hey...good point.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

19. Thanks Harry,,I never could find the photos. HRP

20. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

The Gentleman that built my Sedan Delivery in the 70s told me that he also had a 32 Delivery with a Slant 6 dodge and a 4speed, and sold it in the early 70s to someone in So. Cal. If i remember correctly It was a red car w/black fenders.

21. Where are the photo's? :confused: HRP

22. i might as well post these pictures again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. mj40's

mj40's

I have seen two of them here in Idaho. One I found up in a canyon while grouse hunting. Looked like a 2 door but had the rear door. Someone had made a trailer out of it. Had a few bullet holes in it but a solid body. The other a friend bought out of Montana and street rodded it.

24. manyolcars

manyolcars

do you mean the "width" of the back door?

25. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

Mine is a fake one done about 30 years ago with a Gibbon fiberglass door. I'll agree they are hard to see out of but not any worse than my cabriolet with the top up. I have convex mirrors on both sides tha help a lot. After putting over 100,000 miles on mine the body is starting to crack on the lower corners by the rear door from not having enough diagonal support on the rear of the body. When and if I ever rebuild it I will fix that problem with some diagonal supports from the top of the door jamb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Ghost28

Ghost28

It might be a 33, but the description when you click on the picture states 32, and the sheet metal screams 32 also, but as you said they did some strange thing back then to get cars sold. This was not classified as a truck back then it was still classified as a sedan deliver.

P.S. I don't think the picture at least mine isn't is good enough to tell if there is 3 or 4 doors on the hood side, and if the headlight bar is across the front of the grille with 2 bars or attached to it from the fender with one. I have to go with 32. Sorry guys, and back to the real thread of 32 fords.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  27. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember that light blue delivery (perhaps St.Paul -late 80's) I also remember the rumble of the motor.I am not surprised there are a few well earned badges of honor.I always wondered what cam it had in it?

28. mr.32

mr.32

I'm lucky enough to have a real one and a fake one. They were only a 2 door sedan with panels in the rear window openings . The rear door would be part factory conversion kit. I have the factory letter (copy) giving the costs and availability. Mine has a flathead , stock Trans and Columbia rear end. Of course it's black, it's pictured on this thread .

29. mr.32

mr.32

The B-400 may be more rare ?

30. barnfind08

barnfind08
    from minnesota

saw a stock one in a building in pomona last year, at the time it was not for sale. found out a few months later he got talked out of it for much money over 125,000. so if there was that one there will be another.