Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal Help Needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Sep 28, 2012.

1. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

The shop I asked to do some work including a disc brake conversion has failed me. For over 15 years I have been an excellent customer who has referred numerous customs to him. Despite taking my truck to him over a month ago with a list of repairs and a bed full of parts, he really hasn't done any work. He has a lot of excuses, but my money spends just as well as the next guy.

So, I am in desperate need of someone located in the SF Bay area who can install a disc brake conversion on my 1953 Ford F100 before October 10th. I want to enter it in the annual car show held in my hometown as a tribute to my father.

Here's a link for more background info:

http://joecorica1953fordf100project.wordpress.com/about

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

2. Normbc9

Normbc9

Look at the Roy Brizio Hot Rod site and he is in the same area your vehicle is now. Roy is an old pro and his reputation is impeccable. He is known in these parts as Hot Rod Roy.
    Normbc9

3. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

I would contact Gimpyshotrod or Alex Gambino both here on the hamb.

4. Skoty Chops is in Redwood City.....Alex Gambino in San Jose.....Chuckles Garage in Santa Rosa....all top notch...all close to you....

5. your pretty close to seret
    in vallajo

6. 52pig

52pig

By October 10th?, let me watch that unfold at a shop. Let me ask you this, what kind of space do you have at your home? It would be easier to get our hands dirty and get that truck on the road if a couple of us got together at your house. The old HAMB way, the real way.

I could make time for this, I like hanging in Alameda. I've been known to put long hours on peoples cars to get them on the road. That's what it is about for me.

PM me if you want to get this done.

7. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

There are so many reputable shops in your area, surely you can find one.

8. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

That's a very generous offer ,good for you. I hope the owner takes you up on that.

9. LFS11

LFS11

Foley bros in redwood city is good I hear. Guy used to work for brizio.

Let us know how it works out, will need a shop soon. Which shop screwed the pooch?

10. LFS11

LFS11

Also if you get a crew together I'm game to lend a hand, just working on a front swap myself.

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PM me, and we can work this out. Oh, and I am the shop lead at Skoty Chops Kustoms, in Redwood City.

I can work local too. I love Alameda. Many of my friends live out there. Someday, I might too.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  12. I can vouch for that, Sean more or less put our Chapters cars back on the road single handedly

13. Cerberus

Cerberus

"Top of the Hill", in Livermore, CA, can do it. They have been doing such mods for over 20 years. Only takes $$$.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, here's the scoop. Dude's got cancer, and a bad one too. He's got better things to do than ride herd on some shop that is not taking his project seriously.

He's also got better things to spend his money on than this.

I am planning on heading up the local effort to get this truck back on the road, free-of-charge. We need to take care of our own when they need help.

Who's with me? It appears that we can work locally, at his house. I have a full compliment of tools not far from where he lives.

Most of this is bolt-on, and regular mechanic stuff. It should not take a few competent souls more than an evening, or two, to knock it all out.

Who's with me?

15. LFS11

LFS11

I'm in. Not as experienced as most of you but I'm sure I can be of help.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The most complicated thing, it seems, will be bending and and flaring the brake lines. I have tools for both. The rest should be spinnin' wrenches, and maybe drilling a a few holes.

17. the lights

the lights

I would be willing to lend a hand, just let me know when and where.

18. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

If I can help let me know. Have a tubing bender and flaring tool if needed.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. great cause guys i would love to help had i been closer! HAMBERS unite as this needs to happen and as a cancer surviver this is one person that needs this kind of support. Make sure somebody has a camera to post this event.

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

TTTT, Good cause, way what more we need,helping others.

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The work crew is lining up. Now we need to find a patch of ground to do this on. I'm on that too, but extra eyes are good too.

22. So glad what you guys are doing. I have learned a lot from reading posts from really knowledgable pros like gimpyshotrods. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. LFS11

LFS11

Lets just show up at the shop it's currently at and make them give us space/equip and refreshments in return for keeping their rep intact.....
    Just a thought....

24. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

You guys fucking rock! Thank you so much.

As for the compensation, we have had money put aside for this and I won't be able to let you all work for free -- we'll work something out.

Also, there will be plenty of snacks and beverages as well.

Thanks again to you all!
    Joe

25. 52pig

52pig

I'll definitely be there, where ever it is. We're loaded to the hilt at the shop I work at, or I'd say tow it there. Plus coming across the bridge seems silly.

Some one in the East Bay has got to have some free space? Any one?

Keep the wheels rollin'

26. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I just saw this. If its not to far we can do this at my shop. Im in Sacramento. I would be cool with a couple dudes bringing the car down and just knocking it out. Let me know if we can help. Scott

27. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Thanks so much, Scott. I'll be in touch.

Joe

28. i will do my best to help as well. let's set a date and place!

29. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Do you guys have all the parts allready?

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

East Bay Frame and Axle?