Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Plymouth Front leaf springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhoDoYouFink, Apr 17, 2008.

1. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Anyone have an idea of where I can get front leaves for my Plymouth Coupe? I took the ones that were on it off to do a little tweeking to them to lower it a bit and found 4 cracked leaves. One being in the main leaf on the passenger side :eek:. Needless to say they can't go back on.

Posies said it would take 8-10 weeks to make a set. And everywhere that i have checked doesn't have them in stock. Maybe one of you Street Rodders out there took a set off for a Mustang 2 swap?:D

Anyway, if you can give me some help would be greatly appreciated!

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can get stock replacements at http://www.oldmoparts.com/r.htm for 139.00 each. Looking at my 37 sedan, they have a pretty good arch to them due to the design of the frame. I may have a extra set after I do the front end work on mine that I would let go. It will be a few weeks though and it sounds like you need them now. Let me know if you can wait....

3. 73RR

73RR

Check your local, or nearby big city, yellow pages for a spring manufacturer. Leaf springs are not 'special', many companies keep a myriad of shapes, lengths, etc on the rack and can easily match what you have. Try these: Benz Spring, 503.224.4865; Century Spring, 800.237.5225.

4. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

KJSR - Thanks for the tip. I tried them first and no luck. They told me they no longer had any in stock and didn't know where I could get some. I'm not in an extreme hurry for a set, I would just like to get this thing back on the ground to drive it. PM me when yours comes available if I haven't found anything I'll probably be interested.

73RR - We only have one local spring shop that I could find. They can have them made (nothing on the shelf was close) but was going to be 2-3 weeks and they couldn't guarantee the stance when done. I was just hoping maybe someone had a set lying around.

Thanks for the replies fellas! Anymore help would be great!

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

There was a member (Robert gilbert) that was parting out a 38 Plymouth. I sent him a PM to see if he had any. I will let you know when mine are available.

6. skidsteer

skidsteer

WhoDo,
    Hi again. I have a stock pair from a MII swap that you can have for the shipping cost. I will check them tomorrow to make sure they are not cracked. If they are okay, I'll get a shipping price from UPS, or a HAMB relay may be in order.
    Jerry

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

If you don't take the offer from above, do a search of the forum at P15 D24 for springs. Lots of guys getting springs from a different source that posies, but I can't remember the name. Just for the hell of it, do a search of trailer parts places. They sell leaf sets in a lot of different lengths and set up for a lot of different weights. and they are set up for beam axles.