Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955-56 ford car replacement floor pans (Which supplier)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Well I need the tail pan ans that rear quarter piece that welds to that and makes the seam.

2. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I mfg quite a few items I just spent 5000.00 on a die that 15"X15"X12" I could not even guess what a die would cost for a whole floor pan im thinking over 50K overseas easy good ol USA would be over 100K, Im going to take a stab that there is one die out there probably not in the USA.. I cant see a huge market to compensate the cost of tooling alone... Id be happy that I could even get the part for the application. Thats also one HUGE press to stamp just that size part...

3. racemad55

racemad55

I'd like to see maybe the last 10 or 12 inches of the trunk floor,also the brace underneath that has the last 2 body mounts on it,I had to fabricate both.

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

============================================

lets make it clear, i manufacture in usa!!! , just because you have to go overseas (and put usa folks out of work) does not mean other americans do not have the smarts to manufacture in the usa.

check out these posts all american workers in america!!!!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451750

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644363

Attached Files:

5. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I did not say I mfg overseas, I will have to say im impressed it is made here, I do not mfg over seas either! what my post was saying if you want it buy it alot of people have no clue the expense we go though to make a part, some think a part like this should be priced like a item on a shelf in wall mart... good on you to take the time and expense to make this part available, and if OP wants a quality part well it is what it is... I thnk you read it out of text in no way did I ever turn the part or you down but tried to explain costs to make a item. I will also like to say I did not read the whole thread before I posted if I had I would not have posted..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. Either way those floor pans from EMS are US made and much better quality. I guess its just like the old saying goes " You get what you pay for"

7. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Im still amazed there would be more than one actual MFG of this product, retailers yes but actually making it ???? How many floor pans for a 56 ford are sold a year?? and the cost of tooling... Good on the MFG for making it!!

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

=============

my mistake, beat me with a imported rocker panel

9. Looks like early to mid this coming month I will be placing an order or partial order for the pans.

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

cool, make sure you identify your self when calling, if i am in the shop i will talk to you

11. Pm me your name or sales number and i will ask specifically for you. I dont want to deal with anyone else. You seem like you are behind it 100% and thats what I like to see and hear.

12. just read this and im glad i did as i want some parts for my 55 mainline and i will now be ordering from E M S .

13. Good choice!

14. just hope the transport to England isnt to expensive

15. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Today I placed an order with EMS for front floor board braces. 55/56 Ford/merc
    Seems like EMS is the only place that stock them.

Im pretty sick of cutting out rusty floor crap!

16. 1954fordkustom

1954fordkustom

I used macs replacements in my 54 once I welded them in I jumped up and down in them hard. They where plenty strong. I pushin 300lbs

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. 59 brook

59 brook

price or quality make your choice and live with your decision. its probably only a few hundred between the crappy imports and the ems products . i used them on my ford and was very happy