Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Chrysler TUBE AXLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Oct 10, 2010.

1. OITSOG,

Use the "Go Advanced" feature in the lower right, then "Manage Attacements" will allow you to add pics.

2. OITSOG

OITSOG

P1010039.JPG

P1010048.JPG

P1010064.JPG

P1010037.JPG
    Here are some never or rarely seen photos from the Atlas Chrome Special etc. I have the best collection of them and in fact just acquired a Studio Framed professional photo of the Atlas Chrome Special from 1934 . Any questions or interest email me at [email protected]

3. OITSOG

OITSOG

Check out these photos of the Atlas Chrome Special. I own several photos of the engine and the building of this great car. Anything Frank Kurtis was awesome. Henry Puckett own Atlas Chrome Plating. I have never seen pictures of his buildings or Delivery vehicle other then mine.

Attached Files:

4. Damn OITSOG those pics are fantastic. The Atlas Plating cars are my all time favorites...

5. I used a Chrysler axle on the modified I built around 15 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

# 25 Chrisman dragster has a Franklin axle, originally installed by Leroy Neumeyer.

The Doane Spencer roadster had a '34 Plymouth tube for a short time, with Model A transverse leaf.

The 'double-bend' on Plymouths was a 'hoop' in the center that jutted forward;
    The hoop on Chryslers jutted down in the center. (scrub line nightmare with small front wheels/tires)

Correct about not being able to 'give these old racy axles away'...I have 2 of them on the classifieds right now, nary a question.

I have a 'tube axle sickness' also...Sure like that Franklin, '37Kid!

7. OITSOG

OITSOG

Some of my favorites are of Ted Horn Frank Wearne and Wilbur Shaw sitting in the ACS Car signed to Henry the owner. Ted Horn was a hell of a driver from what I have learned.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

OITSOG, Thank you for posting the Atlas Chrome Special photos! Welcome to the HAMB! The current owner of the car is a HAMB member and should be posting sometime soon I would think. Bob

9. OITSOG

OITSOG

I am surprised that the owners of the Atlas Chrome Special have not shown more interest in acquiring the pictures from my collection. I have the most of anyone I am sure. I talked with the owner and he was not showing much interest and his son was a great guy but it didnt seem to go anywhere. I sent some emails to them so not sure. I have however had interest elsewhere but have held out until I knew for sure the owners are not interested. I was trying to keep the archives and not get them seperated too much. I even have the Sales Contract of the Atlas Chrome Special to Burkett up in the Northwest right before he won the Big Race up there. Very interesting Sales contract. I also have tons of News articles on the Atlas Chrome Special as well as all the races and many others from the 1930's.

Carter likes this.
  10. sschmid

sschmid

Stephen Schmid here, we spoke but lost contact, my dad died in june 2013. I send you an email, but don't know if you received it.

11. OITSOG

OITSOG

Sorry I have not been on here since my last post back in 2014. Im so sorry Stephen to hear about your dad. Thats around when I talked to him on the phone. I know I did get an email from you and I think time flies and the hectic days take over and next thing you know another 6 months plus go by. We should talk sometime. I do have your email saved or an old one that I know I received. Take care.

12. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

13. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I'd like to use this... any ideas regarding brakes and or using a wishbone to get rid of the brackets?
    tubeaxl.jpg tubeaxl1.jpg

14. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

FYI - 33 Plymouth

Attached Files:

15. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

@mr.chevrolet
    Are you sure that isn't a dodge axle? The plymouth had the front bend as well. I have the exact same axle, out of a 32 dodge. Still has original black paint on it.

16. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I got it from a widow who said her husband had 33 & 34 Ply coupe hotrods. also got a 34 independant frt suspension