Register now to get rid of these ads!

The art of George Trosley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Cartoons was a great publication. I remember loaning my stack to a friend and never getting any of them back to this day. Luckily I lived in the same town as George and became friends through the years. He is aces and a blast to hear tell stories. George and his family are great people and I am blessed to know another person more talented than I. haha

2. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Has it really been six years since Car Craft brought back Krass and Bernie? MY how time flies!

3. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Met him a couple of times at Phila area shows. My wife bought herself a print ( which he signed for her) called Man's Best Friend of a bunch of dogs wrenching on a rod while he sits back in a chair.

Super nice guy

4. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

My favorite.
    "into it" A guy working IN his motor with one arm out of the header reaching for a wrench the other header his legs are hanging out of.
    It hangs in my office so I can see it everyday

5. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!... HUSTLER MAGAZINE... :D:D:D

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thanks in part to Trosley my CarToons collection used to be my prize possesion but due to a 'lifestyle' change in the 70's I switched over to 'The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers' and now I cant remember what happened to my CarToons!:confused:

7. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Was familiar with his work in CARtoons, and then later in VW Trends.

Didn't know he freelanced for Hustler until just a couple years ago. Pretty sure Shawn Kerri worked both sides of the bizz too.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Well guys, I first saw Trosley works in adult mags, didn't see his car art 'til later, but the style was still recognizable! You all have a safe and Merry Christmas, Cat

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

ditto.

10. I had one of his old Hustler cartoons framed on my garage wall years ago. The cartoon was of two old 1800's trappers standing over a sprung/closed Beartrap with a bloody pair of balls stuck in the teeth, one trapper was saying to the other... "Somewhere out there is one mean fucking bear":eek:

11. Since you know the Freak Brothers were you a fan of Wonder Warthog:D That was one tough guy!

12. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dont know Wonder Warthog but I got a kick out of Fat Freddies Cat.

13. Spike!

Spike!

George rules! I'm fortunate to live so close to him and see him every now and then. Great guy. Very down to earth and a good business man to boot. I enjoy hanging out with him.

Spike

14. bruce bowe

bruce bowe

could not have said it better

15. when my wife found out my plans for the garage included heat,plumbing and a large loft,she asked if I had been looking at old Krass and Bernie cartoons!:D