Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tucson, Arizona?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 123, Apr 16, 2011.

1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm in Vail. I love it. 20 miles east-o-town and no crime. I've left my garage door open, quite by mistake, for a wonderful weekend bike ride and nothing was disturbed.
    I have 12 cars and everyone knows that means tools. Rural means guns too maybe.
    3 1/2 years in the house and only one rattler. Granted he was a biggun. 5 footer but no match for a flat tipped shovel. Pack rats can ruin your day overnight. They live on insulation. Oatmeal, Brown shugar and plaster-o-Paris will fix em up good in no time. That also removes the snake food source. I've been in Tucson for 18 years and have been a desert rat for about 30. Tuscon is pretty much a low wage town so dont expect the mondo bucko. I bought 1 acre, fenced with a 1438" modular,(trailer) for 139,500. Spa for me and 7 of my favorite girlfriends, or the wife, and all appliances included. The car scene as already mentioned is strong and everywhere.
    PM me and make the move. BTW oven thermometer in the daily right now says 160.

2. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

Tucson is a great place to live. I came here 19 years ago, to do a job that was to last 30 days and never left. Greatest place on earth in the winter. Other folks found that out and the population explodes from Nov. until May. Phoenix is only an hour and forty five minutes away and they have a ton of hot rod things going on. For me, there's a 3/8 mile dirt track that has sprinters almost every other weekend, so I'm happy. I've met nothing but nice people here. I have two border collies and live on 3 1/2 acres. We have rattlers every summer and javelina, bobcats, coyotes and Gila monsters. The dogs will get it and not mess with them. If they come in the fenced yard, the snake dies, other wise they don't really bother much of anything. You just have to be careful walking at night and in the early morning.

3. 123

from Seattle

We are planning to spend a week driving around Tucson in September or December and check it out. We still want to move in 2 or 3 years, I can't wait to get the hell out of Seattle but right now I make pretty good money and we don't want to loose out asses on the house we bought a year ago. I know that I will be taking a pretty big hit pay wise but the cost of living is lower in AZ and it will be worth it to be happy!

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Errr Ahhh... I don't know about the cost of living being significantly lower here than Seattle. At least up in here Phoenix. The price of homes is about the same, price of gas is about the same, price of food is about the same. I used to spent almost 3 months a year working in the Seattle area, and pumped lots of gas and purchased lot's of food for the seminars I did to make that living. Always found the prices of stuff to be relative.

5. effacient

effacient

Looks like it is good to be motivated with your inspirations. :D

6. kmfdm242

kmfdm242
    from phx az

Moved from Michigan to Phoenix about 13 years ago. Arizona is a neat state. Make your way up to the rim its a nice getaway for the weekend.
    A/c is a must though, got home today and mines not working. 87 degrees inside. :eek:

Any A/C guys here? HAHA.

7. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Wondering what the average electric bill is during the summer months in AZ, what with AC being a necessity...?

8. kmfdm242

kmfdm242
    from phx az

Wondering what the average electric bill is during the summer months in AZ, what with AC being a necessity...? <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Mine is 160.00-180.00 ,it's going to be alot cheaper if it is an expensive fix.

9. STUKA

STUKA

I packed up all my crap and moved down there on a whim back in '04..Loved it! I worked in Sahuarita,lived on 5th and Rosemont (which was pretty ghetto) If it werent for my Ex Wife talking me into selling my 66 GTO and moving back,because she hated it,,I'd still be there.Ill go back soon though.Laid back people,beautiful scenery,good food,cheaper than Phoenix (or Portland,and far less HIPSTER bullshit) I actually LOVED the monsoon season..Dammit,now you guys have me all antsy again!