Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford cowl ridge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtolarry, Oct 4, 2012.

1. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

Hey I guess the nagging can start, but after it ends, has anyone seen a post about addng a cowl ridge to a fiberglass 32 ford body? thanks :D

2. I'm in the dark,,what's a cowl ridge? HRP

3. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

New Age glass bodies have the ridge and drip rails unlike most fiberglass cars. It's the lip around the front of the cowl.

4. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

On a 32 ford roadster body there is a ridge that the windshield fits against so it can seal. I just wanted to make my body a little closer to original,so I could run an original windshield. I picked up the body resonably and wanted to do a 32 ford for a long time.This is my first try at this so I figured I would go the cheap route first and as my skills developed i would spend more money
    Thanks for the reply

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Yes, I have done the ridge on a smoothed cowl. I bent a 1/8 inch rod around the cowl and glassed it to the cowl with Bondo. You could use just Bondo also without the metal rod. I later added some glass mat over the rod and sanded it by hand to match the original bead. It is not hard and looks very traditional. Hidden hinges can be changed but they were present in early roadsters like Jot Nitti's.
    Lynn

6. I had a Westcott body roadster and the windshield raised area was incorporated in the body. HRP

7. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

Pewsplace thanks for the info. I was thinking along those lines. Do yourermeber how far from the opening on the cowl did you add the ridge or did you have any demensions that decided that
    Again thanks for the info