Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsel Ford for President!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Died a young man @ 49. Wonder how he would have influenced the direction of Ford Motor Co. had he lived through the 1950's-60's?

What would he have to say about the late Edsel car?

I agree his speedster may have been the first custom Hot Rod;

Attached Files:

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Obviously I agree that Henry Ford's view on the Jewish people was wrong and his writings on the subject were reprehensible, but this article conveniently misleads the reader by omitting dates and implies a more mutual connection between Ford and Hitler than actually existed. Seems like a sort of irresponsible piece.

3. The sad part is that when anyone hears the name "Edsel", they automatically think of the failed brand. Edsel Ford was a visionary who had a great eye for design and business. If you look at the designs that came out during his watch, they are timeless.

Edsel Ford was a man who never got the recognition that he truly deserved.

Great thread, and thanks for paying tribute to a forgotten icon!

4. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

The fact that the Fords were responsible for the material we work with does not make them the hot-rodder's friend. What we are doing is seriously, dangerously subversive to their agenda. That's why they and their ilk have been manipulating governments to outlaw us, so far as they can pull that off.

Henry was a bit of a nutcase, but he was human enough to be a knot of contradictions. He wanted farmers to be able to fix their Model Ts with stuff like baling wire, but he didn't want his employees to be able to make Model Ts without using his factory. The history of Ford design development between the world wars is a history of systematic technological disempowerment of the broad population, and that fits well with the amply recorded abuses perpetrated by Ford's factory management during that period. There is no reason to believe that Edsel pursued this purpose less vigorously - however more subtly - than his father did.

5. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

A Revolution is what we need. The problem is that the only way you can be a revelotionary in the USA is if you are 200 years old and dead.
    So the best thing is to be in Austin on Dec 3rd and support the only Revelotion you are going to get!

6. froghawk

froghawk

Great post! I'll bet being President of the U.S. would've seemed like almost like a vacation for Edsel after working for his cranky old Dad.

7. flathead okie

flathead okie

I will vote for RAT FINK :D

8. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

If I could sit down and have a conversation anybody alive or dead it would be Edsel Ford

9. Any ideas on the design sketch behind Edsel in Diego's potrait?

Attached Files:

10. truckjim

truckjim

Don't much care for any of the politicians. Just wish they had to live under the same rules we do.

11. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Learned a few things about Edsel I never knew. Next time I hear someone badmouthing an Edsel I'll have some ammunition.

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

Sounds like "Daddy Dearest" to me.By most accounts,their relationship had it's moments,but you make Henry seem like Joan Crawford on steroids.With all of his accomplishments,he couldn't have been too much under his fathers thumb.

13. If he wasn't dead, I would vote for him. But,then again,a dead guy might do better than the last few presidents we've had!:D

14. frank spittle

frank spittle

I don't know if Henry Ford was Hitler's buddy or not. What I do know is he helped defeat him in WWII. That's all that counts to me. I believe Edsel was a good leader.

15. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting treat, I really like to read your comments. Thanks

16. deto

deto

I remember reading about fords relationship with FDR being tense. Henry wasn't interested in the "blue eagle" plan and FDR tried to box ford out of government contracts. Needless to say Ford won out

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. davo461

davo461

No matter who you vote for; you're going to get a politician !

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Please put this thread out of it's misery.

19. Deuces

Deuces

Nope! I want to read this thread first...:D

20. Deuces

Deuces

Ok.. I'm done...:)