Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer67x

racer67x

2. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Unfortunately there are alot of people hurt here.Gammajewel is right, innocent until proven guilty by a "jury" of your peers.
    So lets see what happens. I am sure there are plenty of people on here who bought stuff that was stolen and didn't know(think about it for a few seconds).
    So again let the courts handle it.
    "IF" this lady is right and her husband is innocent each and everyone of you who trashed her husband should apologize.
    IF he is guilty, he will get the proper sentence.
    Lets not loose faith in our system.
    We can all sit here and throw stones, but it is America.
    And "gammajewel" just shut off the computer and good night, you will not win on here.
    Not worth the added stress to your family or the victims of the theft in all this.
    I cant stand thieves either. Trust me.

3. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Fellow hambers, I truly appreciate you all showing your loyalty and support .However, please refrain from making threats to the suspect , his family or their livelihood. Not just due to the upcoming litigation but because it is uncool. I have decided to put my faith into our judicial system and am confident that all responsible parties will be convicted and sentenced accordingly. While, I obviously have very passionate emotions about this situation, I made the decision to not deliver my own brand of justice. It has been very difficult to remain calm, especially when meeting the suspects face to face, however it is not up to me to judge ANYONE, I will leave that to the state...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. Brickster

Brickster

You are a victim; guns got pointed at YOUR husband. YOU gave a him a job and YOU got betrayed. YOUR hard earned money. I can't believe that I ever felt bad for the poor guy who car got stolen when you have been the one getting the raw deal. Looks like YOUR going to have to pay some stupid tax. It's none of my business what you husband makes but since you thought it would make us feel your pain it is about twice the national average so you guys can afford it.

5. big creep

big creep

you're a better man than me, i think i would have lost it knowing those were my parts, and having the guy right in front of me! i dont need more proof than that! hand in the cookie jar! well thats what i would have thought.

6. cakes

cakes

I hope any of us catch them, Draw and quarter anyone?

7. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I bet your the guy in question. Not the wife.

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Now this is getting to be a good thread.

Not sure of any of the details of course, but I think the possession of stolen property as a crime only comes into play if it is proven likely that you knew it was stolen and after finding out, you didn't do anything proper about notifying the police or getting it returned.

Now that may not be the actual specific wording of the laws, but I do believe that is how it is typically enforced.

So, it may boil down to when this guy found out the car was stolen and what he did with that knowledge after.

I am definitely no lawyer, but that would seem the common sense and fair application the law. As Munstergarage stated, the critical parties have been identified and now it is just up to the courts to try to distill out a reasonable version of the truth.

Good luck to all parties involved to get down to what the truth actually is and let's hope that all those who are truly responsible for the crimes get what they deserve and anyone who is innocent gets cleared as well.

And tough ass talk for either side (even from a woman) isn't likely to help either side. Probably will only make their own situation worse and definitely won't win any sympathy or friends on here or anyone else in the world.

Hope Munstergarage and her husband finds more of the rest of the car in the process as well.

9. PRB

PRB
    from Az

Damn, a reality show...unscripted....regardless of who hit John just good to see a perp busted red handed.

10. So was the whole car at your house or just a few parts? I would understand that your Husband wouldn't know if this was the case with just a few parts. If the thief actually stole the car and stripped it somewhere else and was bringing parts to the house then I would think that he is innocent. Now if he saw the whole car running and driving , then I would question it as your husband would have seen a more finished car and would have most likely wanted to buy the running driving car . If the thief wasn't willing to sell it as a complete car then my suspicion towards your husband just became very high that he knew something was up. Also talking about how much your husband makes $100,000 a year, then why would he start with such a dilapidated car 4 years ago ? I guess before I will make any judgment I need more info regarding the whole story from when you and or your husband met this guy, saw the stolen car as a whole or parts, etc etc etc. There's more to the story. I guess we will hear it all pretty soon. I hope your husband is innocent as it would sure show how some things can look without knowing all the facts.

11. About 15 years ago, I drove about 80 miles to buy a 1974 Caddy for some major parts to put on our 1974 Convertible. When we got to look at the car, the guy told us he didn't have the title but could get it that night as the owner was working and didn't get back till about 11:00 PM. So I told the kid that I will give him the money when title is in hand but let us take the car as I had my wife to drive our car and I could drive the Caddy the 80 miles back home. I could just drive my work truck the next day with the cash for the title. He said that would be fine. At 2:00 in the morning, I get a call from a raging drunk telling me I stole his car and that I could buy it for $450 or bring the car back immediately ro he's calling the cops. At this point I basically told him to f%#%"]f%^&% off and he will see his f$#$#^ car back in his neighbors yard at 7:00 AM and don't f^$#^$ing call me again!!!
    I was sooo pissed I was ready to drive that caddy into the guys house and just drive off in our other car. Luckily I think about consequences. I wish I just left the car in the first place but....... Oh and I fixed the drivers door lock as it didn't work, fixed the water pump etc the day I brought it home. I think even though the guy could have called the cops, after the cops saw our house and my cars and heard my story with the neighbor selling the car for him etc, all that would have happened is that the drunken Ahole would have got his car back. That taught me a lesson that was a cheap lesson. Lost a day, cost a tank of gas but learned alot!! LOL!!

So theres another senario that this guy could have posted on a forum that I stole his car and I'd be hung by the keyboard henchmen without them knowing the whole story.

We need the whole story. Oh and the car I was buying was about a $300-$650 car. $300 was a pretty good deal and thats why I was going to buy it. This was 15 years ago.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  12. The way I see it is the car was stolen last May. The owner does his homework and locates his car. Lots of posts since May and all of a sudden the person that is in possesion of stolen parts wife hops on the net and joins our wonderful H.A.M.B. to defend her husband at the same time he is caught. WOW......Where were you from last May to now??????

All I can say is ................WOW......

I do know the guy who picks up scrap wood form a job site without asking gets in trouble for stealing all the missing wood from building the house.......

13. Jerry Springer action an the HAMB wtf?

14. gammajewel

gammajewel

My husband and I have worked very hard in recent years to build our business. When we met, we had nothing and together we have built a business that we are proud of. The car was purchased when we had next to nothing and it has taken hard work to get to where we are now. He met Jon at west valley occupational center about a year ago. Jon seemed to be a good kid with a strong work ethic. My husband hired Jon to complete his car. Over the last year he paid Jon at least $7000 to repair the body and complete the car. Jon obviously took the wrong route and didn't buy everything he was supposed to buy. He told my husband he purchased the car because he did not want to run all new brake lines and new gas lines. He told my husband he bought it. The rolling chassis was intended to be used but my husband did not favor how it was customized. Jon proceeded to then sell off pieces of the car because we no longer wanted it on the property. My husband was arrested because he showed up instead of Jon. Jon posted the ad for the parts with his phone number and he arranged the meetings with the buyers he attracted. My husband was asked by Jon to meet his buyers so they wouldn't leave because he was on his way to meet them and was running late. My husband left a day with his kids to do Jon this favor and now he has made enemies with all of you people for being duped by Jon. My husband feels horrible about how this mans car was treated and never would have condoned illegal activities around his family and his home. I hope the owner finds the rest of his parts and when this is all over, I hope he can see the forest through the trees.

15. gammajewel

gammajewel

I got a crank call yesterday from a gentleman asking about our business. I googled my husbands name to document any defamatory statements in preparation for a harassment and defamation lawsuit. I do not look for cars. I have two toddlers to take care of and just because I am resourceful enough to google ignorant rampages, doesn't make me a suspect.

16. Brickster

Brickster

So he is going to be a witness againg this other person?

17. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Only on the HAMB! I can not wait until I am able to tell the story in it's entirety on here. For now, perhaps the suspects spouse should remember that the police advised said suspect that ANY form of contact to myself my family is considered intimidating a witness, not that I would ever feel intimidated. If my car is such a piece, the suspect should probably be more selective when selecting a vehicle. I guess price is no object when you can just pick any car you want and take it. Unfortunately for those of us who choose to build or buy a car legitimately, we have to work with in the time and budget that we have available. To come on here and insult my car and my FAMILY?! Then try to spin a story to make yourself appear to be a victim!? Wow!

18. Brickster

Brickster

Oh snap! Gamma got told

19. Wow very well put munstergarage

20. Did you read my signature....... suspect (wife) must have been smiling

21. Like I posted . We all make bad judgement and hopefully your husband is not found guilty and didn't know anything about the stolen car. I think back about that ol Caddy story and I could have been taken as a thief which I am so far from. I hate all thieves with a passion!!! I wish we could shoot thieves that you caught in action. I actually called 9-11 just a couple days ago as I saw two people in a truck , trying to steal a palm tree out of a closed companies parking lot. The cops were there just before the thieves got it out of the ground.
    Its not a car but its still a theft! I have ways of my own to deal with thieves if I catch them.

22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Well said Kenny! I think all the pics and facts pretty much speak for them selves.

23. gammajewel

gammajewel

I am responding only to rise that have spoken ignorantly in regards to this situation. I have no qualms about discussing the truth. Its strange how people like to point fingers when they know only one side of the story. It's funny how the police have taken such a strong interest in this case but took no time to take a statement from me or any of the people that know my husband. Negligence is peculiar. I wish everyone luck with their vendettas. My only vendetta is to exonerate my husband from this TRAP that was meant for his friend...not him.

24. gammajewel

gammajewel

Thank you for not jumping on the bandwagon sir! I have never stolen anything in my life and I do not tolerate thievery either. Thank you for your support and kind words.

25. Im not pointing fingers but if I catch a wiff of shit and it didnt come out my ass.......... chances are............

26. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

If Mr. Landau has retained legal counsel, he should follow the advice any competent attorney would give: keep your mouth shut regarding the case and advise your family members to do the same. Foul-mouthed rants on public forums like the HAMB won't help your case when it gets to court.

27. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Wow, shouldn't Gammajewel" be running her mattress store that she and her husband worked so hard for ?

All I have to say is if your innocent "Don't worry about whats being said !!"

The truth will come out !!

I know she is backing up her husband, but the anger and 4 letter words in her statement maybe she should be locked up !!!!

If your a real car person you know it's likely to get ripped off, watch who you invite to your garage and watch what you buy (parts, tools etc.) It's to bad we have to be on the look out or paranoid but that's the selfish society we live in.

Good luck hope the resolution comes quick and prosperous !!

28. Brahm

Brahm

This thread needs to die until things get settled. It's not fair to either side. Anybody that has worked on cars for long enough has dealt with some scrupulous people. Some of them are much more charismatic then others. You wouldn't think anything less of them unless you had a reason to. I was in this very same situation, it's easy to see how some misplaced trust in conjunction with enthusiasm could blind side you into not seeing who you are dealing with. I had my car stripped, I found the people who did it, and ended up getting my stuff back... Everything isn't always so cut and dry. Have none of you ever helped a buddy take apart a car? Do your ask them for DMV records when you did? Most of us tend to trust people until we are given a good reason not to.

Don't get me wrong I am in no way condoning theft by any means, but put down the pitchforks. The people who are responsible have been caught, the police/courts will get to the bottom of this and the persons involved will get what they deserve. It's easy to understand how somebody can get some emotional over this issue (on both sides). I say take a breather, and go tinker on your own cars and think about how your family would act if you were in this situation cause if you think your are to smart to get caught up in some pos's scheme.. you're just a mark waiting for your turn. It doesn't take much for to good to be true to turn into a nitemare.

29. Well said. I built alot of my car from Ebay items and swap meets. I don't have any information where these parts originally came from. I'm sure everyone here is in the same boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.