Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gammajewel

gammajewel

You can't see the body style? The length of the trunk? Aren't you all car enthusiasts? My husband was not aware that this car was stolen. He did not participate in the stealing of the car. His friend did in fact disassemble the car and in doing so he shared with my husband the shitty construction of the body and frame. Hence, he knew it was a sedan turned into a coupe. My husband is not denying knowledge of the car itself but he had no idea he had a thieving liar around his kids and his family and his business. He is guilty only of inadvertently having stolen property where we live but he did not steal it and has never owned or oPerated a chop shop. His friend was helping him on his car and it's not his fault he let his friend use our garage. Understand, you're ignorance is frustrating. I hope I have enlightened you.

2. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

x100

3. Brickster

Brickster

Actually the trunk lids are all the same, it's the distance from the trunk to the bottom of the back window that is different. It is quite common to alter that distance when chopping the top. Because of the shape of the rear side window and drip rail I thouht it could have possibly been a 4 door. Don't know for sure but that's what it looks like to me, a car enthusiast.

Isn't recieving stolen property also a crime?

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Myself & Kenny (AKA Munstergarage) and the local T.R.A.P. team know all the facts since we were there in person. Unfortunately we can't give too much detail in the mean time since we are all going to court over this.I know this is difficult but please HAMBers in the mean while please don't make any threats since we want to keep this thread open and not disappear.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Hey, benefit of the doubt. Maybe he really is just a complete idiot?

6. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Zero sympathy lady.

7. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

8. Brickster

Brickster

Insulting the stolen cars builder/owner makes me want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

9. gammajewel

gammajewel

Yes. That is a crime but it is not in the same league as grand theft and chop shop. Thank you for clarifying.

10. Brickster

Brickster

So is he guilty of that?

11. If this is even remotely true, then you need to reassess how you choose friends and you need to understand who the REAL victim is in this story.

12. big creep

big creep

the only one making threats is this guys wife, too bad her man has shitty friends! and yea right he didnt know, i ask my friends all kinds of questions when we hangout. like if my friend had parts or a parts car.

i would ask where did you get it? how much did you pay for it? so on and so forth. plus if any of my friends asked to borrow my garage i would ask for what and why, not because i dont trust them, just cause im curious and being nosey, and thats what real friends do! we dont hide shit!!! so lady im calling bullshit on the he didnt know story!

13. metalix_421

metalix_421

I guess they both break the laws. isnt ones first post AN INTRO????

btw not welcome to the H.A.M.B

14. gammajewel

gammajewel

I lend insult only to those that have chosen to maintain their ignorance. It is not my place to apologize for Mr. Cass but my husband and I hold no malice towards the owners of the car. We were not aware the vehicle was stolen and unfortunately we do not control other people (i.e. Mr. Cass). The vehicle is not one my husband would've been interested in, that is all.

15. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Yeah, i think that is going out of the window.

16. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Didnt your husband or you question why you would be cutting up a complete car body and frame????
    Sounds like you all knew what you were doing even if you didnt steal it, you had knowledge of it being stolen.

17. it dont matter if he knew or not, selling property of another that is reported and listed as stolen property by fact is stolen, is a crime simple fact. the fact to remain is what degree the charge will be. being a strong woman has nothing to do with protecting your net worth. I wont say he stole it but he was! caught trying to sell it, not only by the legal owner but by the police. case closed thats just the facts mam as Joe Friday would say.

18. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Excellent point, and what does the defendant say to that?

19. gammajewel

gammajewel

He is guilty of trusting the wrong person. It is for a judge to decide what he is guilty of. I just hope it does not take him away from our babies (and I don't mean cars).

20. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I didn't say anybody was making threats, I'm warning.

21. metalix_421

metalix_421

I know if I had any kind of shop even a little ass one I wouldnt ever need to "store" parts in my friends 1 CAR garage

22. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

You know in Texas we take responsibility for our actions even if it wasnt our fault or wasnt what we had intended. We step up bite the bullet and try to make it right. We dont try to blame others even if their are others at blame.

23. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I remember seeing those doors on craigs list a couple of times.
    I thought it was weird to be selling chopped doors.:confused: But have seen lots of odd stuff for sale lately, so???

24. gammajewel

gammajewel

I didn't know any of this until police were pointing guns at my husband. He met his friend in an auto body shop class. His former friend works on cars and has done jobs for others in the time he has known him. Him having a car there was nothing foreign to him as he knew this was a job he held from time to time. We opened our home to this person, gave him a job at our business and he betrayed us to the point where I had to pay $5000 of my hard earned money to get my husband out of jail for a crime he has been wrongly accused of. Bottom line, he trusted the wrong person and he cannot take that back.

25. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

26. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I wanna know how your husband came about buying this car.

BLACK MARKET?
    CRAIGSLIST?
    A LITTLE BIRDIE?
    HIRED THEIF? lol

27. VonKool13

VonKool13

Wow this is good stuff! The power of the HAMB! A car gets stolen. Guy does own investigation, finds thieves. Gets cops involved, cops arrest thieves. Guy starts to get justice and the wives of thieves start trying to save face by putting "spin" on the story. All of this is right here on the best damn hot rod site of all time. VIVA LA HAMB!

28. bluestang67

bluestang67

I trusted someone one once and its going to cost me more to fix what he bungled up . Watch out who wants to get to know you or advertises cheap work out of his garage . Some are very good and some are very bad . Hope the best for your Husband .

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hope you posted cash bail...

30. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

lets face it the guy is inocent ..he couldn't possibly have known his friend sudenly came up with a running driving shoebox that he volanteered to chop up to help her husband out with a few parts .happens to us all LOL HA HA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.