Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapp69

zapp69

Sad story but least you know what happened. I was watching as with your weak dollar lots of Cars are coming here.
    Where to from her, rebuild it or do something else? did you have insurance (never covers but some help)
    Maybe some local HAMBers will step up and help you screw it back together and maybe even cut you a deal on the missing bits

2. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

I saw this story on the news. I'm surprised the owner and his friend kept their cool when they went "undercover" and busted those bastards! I've had a car stolen from me, and I would do anything to catch those fuckers!!

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"he found the parts of a car like his being resold on Craigslist"

Stay on the police-Have them subpeona Craigslist's data to pull any other listings by the user in the past that have long washed off the Craigslist page as well as any shoebox type listings as the thieves may have frequently changed CL user I.D.'s.

I'm wondering if the crooks or an accomplice stole your car to order because it was chopped and have swapped the body onto another shoebox chassis (that they have a legit title for) with the intention of flipping an entire customized car. They would have probably started with a complete, stock bodied car and may have already sold (or planned to sell)off the stock body shell.

Is there any differences/details to easily tell your chop work from most other shoebox chops?

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Dude, i just saw you on abc 7 news this morning!!!!! There was a pic of the shoebox too!!!!! Awesome sting operation!!!!! But sorry to hear about the missing body!! :(

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

As everyone else has said , I'm extremely glad you kept the search up and found those a-holes that stole your car , but very sad it was missing the body . I hope they get the book thrown at them !

Keep the heat up till you find that body !!

6. Harmsway

Harmsway
    from west hills

7. Harmsway

Harmsway
    from west hills

here is a picture of Mitchell Landau the very person for coming on your land and Stealing your ride

Attached Files:

8. he forgot to mention stealing cars and operating a chop shop as interests also.

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

What a douche...hope he gets whats coming to him.

10. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's so shitty. Someone needs to make these car thieves "disappear"

11. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

If you check this losers pictures he has a shoebox Ford possibly built with stolen parts. Hope he runs into some fellow HAMBers at the next show he attends.
    Make me think of the line from pulp fiction when someone keys Travolta's car and he says something like "it would have been worth him doing it if I could have just caught him doing it. "There is nothing more chickersh*t than F*cking with a mans car"

Jeff

12. smarg

smarg

If they tried to sell chopped doors, they are freaktards.

They should have found a good tree and some rope for those fellas.

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Heres some photos of Dick HEads Shoebox

[​IMG]

This is what he wanted it to look like.. So he found one close and just took it...
    :(
    [​IMG]

Discription of what he wants to do:

Mitchell Landau - Stock car look, lowered but not slammed. Original steely wheels but bigger and wider and a frame notch. White wheels and a flat ford blue. If I can get the right price I'll lower the roof a 2 inches and french the lights. LED in back, halogens in the front. Original seats and probably gonna switch it to a 5-speed on the floor with a 302 motor hooked up to it. There's an 8.8 in it but I might change it to a 9.

I hope to drive around and just take one off the street and chop it up and use all the stolen parts to build my own.

----------------------------

Ok I wrote the last part :D hahah Hope this guy goes down... I wonder if all those cars disapearing like Chris Casnys T-bird etc.. if this guy has
    his dirty, sticky hand in it..

14. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I noticed his wife changed her pic? wonder why? T'would be ok to take his car as part of restitution? Then......

16. joel torres

joel torres

he does have this pic isn't it a t-bird

[​IMG]

17. joel torres

joel torres

does anyone know if this asshole was on the hamb?
    clearly he went to shows and possibly took photos of cars for possible shopping list later on
    here is an example
    [​IMG]

18. good rope is the answer
    jus like horse theavs

19. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Take them to civil court for compensation.

20. metalix_421

metalix_421

scum... sad when you gotta take others cars that they have worked thier ass off for.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

that looks to be on a white car and I think Chris didnt have the Landau top..thats the Guys last name I just noticed.. good CSI tho ... :D

22. gammajewel

gammajewel

First of all, in the United States of America we are entitled to freedom of speech. However, defamation of character is something that is taken very seriously. Please tread carefully, as if this effects my business – you can most certainly expect a lawsuit.
    My husband, Mitchell Landau, does indeed own a mattress store. He works 60-70 hours a week, has two children under the age of three and he is also INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I am not at liberty to discuss details of the case but what you all are missing is the "SELLER" in this "chop shop" "sting operation" out of an upper income area of Woodland Hills, CA. He has yet to be arraigned on charges and has still not BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. His friend “the seller” is detained in County Jail and has been arraigned on charges for this incident. I suggest you educate yourself on the case before you make accusations and presumptions based on news stories that can’t even get my husband’s name correct!
    My husband has been working on his Coupe for nearly four years and has been working on it as a tribute to his late friend that passed away in 2008. The photographs that you have creatively placed in this IGNORANT string of NONSENSE are of HIS car. If any of you were resourceful enough, you would know that there is another person being charged in this alleged chop shop operation OUT OF A SMALL HOUSE WITH A ONE CAR GARAGE IN WOODLAND HILLS. My husband grosses roughly 100K annually an has obtained all he owns through hard work. All I will say is that my husband has no reason to STEAL anything from anyone. The person he trusted with his money and with his project put him in this predicament. You can call him stupid for trusting the word of a shady person but you can not CALL him a thief. Why would he steal this man's car when he already had a COMPLETE CAR? Also, if you pay closer attention to the photographs of the alleged "stolen" frame and car it is a FRANKENSTEIN SEDAN TURNED INTO A COUPE LED SLED.WHY WOULD HE WANT TO STEAL OR EVEN BUY A PIECE OF CRAP LIKE THAT? HE HAS ALL OF HIS NEEDED PARTS. ALL HE NEEDED WAS A GRILL…WHY WOULD HE NEED TO STEAL A BONDOED PIECE OF CRAP LIKE THAT?

Here's his original complete car when he picked it up almost four years ago:
    [​IMG]
    Also, he loves cars, always has and always will. Unfortunately, his blind trust in a friend has made him a target for you IGNORANT ASSHOLES THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. ALSO, HIS LAST NAME IS LANDAU - HE HAS NO INTEREST IN STEALING A T-BIRD WITH A LANDAU TOP…THAT’S HIS LAST NAME YOU FUCKING IDIOT. GET-A-LIFE-NOW-PLEASE.
    If you’d like to speak to me directly, you can but if you’d like to continue MAKING THREATS towards my husband, I will be more than happy to share this thread with the proper authorities. Also, when he is exonerated, I hope to see ALL OF YOU at a car show. LET’S SEE YOUR FACES WHEN HE FINALLY COMPLETES HIS TRIBUTE CAR FOR HIS FRIEND MIKE.
    He has been linked to this crime by associating with the scum, bastard, douchebag that is still in jail. Keep in mind that by posting his face on this blog and making threats you are inciting what is called a “mob-mentality” and sparking thoughts of violence and the intended threat of violence.
    Comments, Questions or Concerns…please, please, please post them. I’d love to hear about MY husband and what you’re going to DO TO HIM. GET A MUTHA FUCKIN LIFE.
    My husband is a peaceful, charitable and friendly person who would give the shirt off of his back to a person in need. Even for assholes like you who have no integrity, lack the intelligence and the forethought to RESEARCH and EXAMINE what you are speaking about.

23. big creep

big creep

hey lady this is what you and your husband look like to me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. gammajewel

gammajewel

I'm not crying. I know my husband is innocent. You all are the ones bitching about shit you have no knowledge of. Go wittle so wood because you obviously CAN'T READ and you are blissful in your IGNORANCE. Have a great evening. I am not afraid of any of your comments or banter. Your pathetic attempts at talking about this case are fruitless and only prove how the finger has been pointed at the wrong person.

25. big creep

big creep

dont get mad, he got busted! and you are the one who came here trying to save face! fat chance! bet you didnt read the rules of this board, WE DONT LIKE THIEVES!

26. Brickster

Brickster

I wonder if his mommy is also going to reply now to let us know he's never done anything wrong.

27. gammajewel

gammajewel

Bottom line, my husband is innocent. I am on here defending my husband because he is a peaceful person. I AM NOT. I do not tolerate injustice nor do I tolerate thievery. I'm happy we are all agreeing here. He isnt benevolent, no one on this earth is benevolent.

P.S. Don't hate on a man that has a strong woman. The guy whose car was stolen had his wife post on here for him too (good publicity for her considering she sells insurance!)

28. Brickster

Brickster

I noticed that you were aware of how the "bondo'd up piece of crap" was built. Is that because it was dissassembled at your husbands chop shop?

29. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

I'm retrieving my popcorn as we speak, this is fixing to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.