Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Hey guys, I'm posting for my husband. His 1949 Ford shoebox was stolen out of the valley this morning. If anybody has any leads to where his car would be, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

taken sometime in the middle of the night on May 27, 2011 from Woodland Hills, Ca.

It is a 1949 chopped Shoebox. Black primer with red/black interior. This car is very important to our family!

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. big creep

big creep

wow this sucks. was it taken from a garage? or was it parked outside?

3. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

taken from the driveway and looks like it was pushed across the grass and either started or loaded down the street. It's not a quiet car.

4. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

If they pushed it down the street before they started it they have probably been watching your place and know the car was loud. Have you seen or witnessed any strangers in the immediate area in the last several weeks?

5. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Thanks... visiting a friend's house. Not even my own place! Gonna go canvas the neighborhood now.

6. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Bump and Request Sticky

7. OLLIN

OLLIN

damn, that sucks. Ill keep my eyes open.

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

cut there fucking arms off,will be looking out for it down in san diego.Sorry to hear this as its becoming the norm these days

9. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Hope you find it, that sucks alot.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump, to keep it to the top.

11. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

Most of the time these car thieves are pretty stupid and and are witnessed hanging around the area prior to the crime...

12. hotdamn

hotdamn

jeeze I remember when no one ever stole old cars...

I guys something else we can thank barret jackson and ebay for.

everything is so "valuable" now...

sorry bro, good luck~

13. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Damn that sucks. You put hard work and sweat into building your ride to only have it stolen from you. Then the police couldnt even care enough to even drive out and take a report. I HATE THEIVES. If america would start doing like some ofthe third world countrys and cutting the theives hands off when they are caught. We might have less GTA in america.

14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Here are some more pics of it taken last January. Kenny is a good friend of mine and we would appreciate all the help we could get since the LAPD (not surprisingly) does not seem like they are going to put this high on their priority list.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  15. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

x2...

16. 21tat

21tat

Sucks! Hope you find it.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Bastards

I hope you catch em

18. I'll keep a look out. My friend lives out that way. I'll pass this on to him.

19. TimGood

TimGood
    from SoCal

Ill be going to Santa Maria this weekend and will look for it in the area.

20. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Thank you everybody. I'm just sick over this because I know how much this car means to my husband and son. I am not looking forward to breaking the news to my son about this. He's going to be devastated!

21. dmikulec

dmikulec

bump to the top...

Hope you find it. :(

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Man, this shit's getting old..

I hope you guys find it and get it back home safely.

Fuck thieves.

23. sololobo

sololobo

Best wishes for a return on this little dandy. Just makes me ill when I see these posts. It is a good idea to contact the Sheriffs dept. and the HiWay patrol as well as the local p.d. I wouldn't over look a facebook post on this either, not my game but I realize its dynamics! Citizens are your best friends on these deals, wish I was closer to help look for it. ~sololobo~

24. How could they not take a report? What constitutes a felony in your state? If its a dollar amount, can you prove the car meets that criteria? It's like the DMV, you might just need to go to another window{ police officer} and try again. Sorry for the loss, I really hope you get her back, TR

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My nephewTommy had a '57 Chev tudor in '67, it was stolen on a Friday evening from the body shop he was having repair some little stuff. We didn't know it had been stolen, fas we knew it was 'in the body shop'.
    I spotted it at the drags on Sunday, it was sitting in the pits (Fremont) with numbers on the windshield. I hung around it, was between runs with my '56 Ford, so moved it up near it, to say hi to Tommy when he returned.
    Some teenage yayhoos walked up, got in, and started the engine. They drove up to the buildup area and got in line. I had a friend with a car phone, so I called home and Tommy answered...No, he didn't sell or loan the car, it was in the body shop.
    So,after a series of calls, Tommy and his Mom got hold of the police, and before the Chevy got to the start line, the Union City fuzz showed up and arrested all 3. (the Chief himself came out, he was an old friend even then, Vernon Johnson)
    Good police work, even if we DID know him!) LOL

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Wow, what were the chances of someone having a car phone at the drags in 1967. Or even having a car phone, period.

27. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Sorry to hear it. Im keeping my eyes open in Nor Cal.

28. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

They took a report, just over the phone. It's a big city, so it's not really a priority. If they run the plates, it will come back stolen, but they just won't be actively looking for it.

29. Couldn't have been a "Phone" the first cell phones didn't exist until 1973 and prior to that the only mobile phone in the US was in Kansas in 1959 only. Must have been a radio device.

30. Had to be a shoe phone, I saw them on the Get Smart show in 67.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.