Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Trials and Tribulations Of The GNRS: 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ryan, it was great seeing ya

2. My blue suede Adidas gave out around 8:00 Saturday night. Very sorry I didn't get to meet you Ryan and others from the H.A.M.B. family. You summed the show up well.
    My Denver plain switch-a-roo turned into a 2 hour hold over and a long wait in the de-icing line during a white out Monday. It was swell.
    On the plus, I met two hot rodders, one, Dennis Lesky, from Ionia Michigan on the short trip from L.A. to the mile high city. That was a nice way to top off a great week in L.A.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thank god i found a new drug

4. Great meeting you guys too. Every bit as nice as I'd figured.

5. FASI

FASI

Axle, sorry I couldn't meet you to extend my congrats on Building 9. I talked with Rik and Luke and shared what a great job it was to pull this together. I wish I could have had my car there for this "once only" event, but it couldn't be done. Keith.

6. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Jim A,

I miss seeing you man. Hope all is well with you.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I feel just the opposite, the LBM had way more "flaws" than the GNRS including trunks of cars getting searched for beverages, lack of participant cars in the outdoor area and high cost for everything including an $18.00 entrance fee for spectators for an event that only took me a couple of hours to fully check out everything. I attended the GNRS all three days and I know I missed stuff, especially ALL the cars in the "Drive-In" on Saturday.;)

8. Always great to see you Denise.....

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Did you put "The Jalopy Journal" on your bag this year?........Haha.

10. yblock292

yblock292

all i can say is WOW, yea spent a bunch of $$$$$$ but was well worth it all. Me and my gal flew in saturday, rental car, staying at the radison, everyone we dealt with was fabulous, car rantal guys to the hotel staff to everyone we messed around with at the show.Got back to the show sunday at 9:30 spent all day there and di the NHRA museum deal late that day. Monday went to Hollywood and mess around . Flew frontier airlines, had a flight out of LAX tuesday at 6:00 pm, but because of the storm moving into wichita, we call frontier monday evening and changed our flight to 6:00AM tuesday. The gal i talked to was super nice and got it all changed for us. Got up at 2:00AM tuesday morning, left for LAX about 3:30, couldn't fing the friggin rental car place, EZ car rental, finally found it right when the shuddle bus was pulling in, OK all is good, get to the frontier counter, use the automatic ticket deal, all still good. Leave LA at 6:00am get to Denver for 10:00 flight to wichita, OK all still good...........on final approach into wichita , wind blowing like hell, pilot powers back up anounces below minimums, heading back to Denver, SHIT! back at denver get booked on a 7:30 flight to wichita, leaves at 8:15, make it to wichita , colder than hell. Home at 12:00. point is everyone was great , didn't have any jerks to deal with, airline was doing all they could to get us all home and worked out fine. just one of the best weekends i've had in a long time, was just alot of fun seeing everyone and oh yea, could not get enought of the cars, just mkaes me wanna go get busy in the shop!