Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building my 63 Gasser!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63gasser, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

this is a 2010 nhra B/Gas car

Attached Files:

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Very cool ride, you guys in Oaklahoma have some fine looking cars.

Jon

4. Overrun with fake gassers and street freaks lately? Say what? I must've missed it, please provide links.

Bob Wop for sheriff.

Attached Files:

5. Welcome back, Kotter.

6. kustomd

kustomd

zman its still a hotrod anyway you look at it now and its under the year limit so I think it does fall into the hambs criteria.

Everyone who builds an old car is jumping on some sort of band wagon no matter what it is. Otherwise it would be a NEW CAR, which it is not. No body's doing anything new anyway they are just trying to have fun with their car. So clam up and let him post his progress. On his build.

I bet you don't have anything thats 100% traditional anyway. Even if you had something close it still wouldn't be 100% because you would have to use new materials to rebuild it unless you bought it in 32' and kept it in a bubble all these years so nothing had changed.

7. 63gasser

63gasser

;)well nothing new today on the rambler. i spent all day finishing painting my new roll cage in my jeep. but i am enjoying reading all the commentary on my gasser build

8. 63gasser

63gasser

that is a great car very nice! I do enjoy spending time going through post and seeing all the gassers.

9. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

cool build, even though I am a NEWBE posting here I have been on here
    alot. so I will post a few pics of another car some of you can hate on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. studemisfit

studemisfit

So lets see more progress pic's and a lot less high and mighty hate.

11. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

no hate-n here, that 65 is mine.....

12. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

13. Do a search on here for "gasser" and look how much stuff comes up. Look at almost every issue of Hot Rod or Rod N Custom for the past 6 months (minimum). If you've missed it, you live under a rock.

14. The same can be said about hot rods, rat rods, customs, and kustoms. Beside that, this is a forum where gassers are relevant!!!!

15. 63gasser

63gasser

I love the look you have on that falcon. when i was in high school i had a 64 falcon would love to get that one back!

16. 63gasser

63gasser

no hate here i like it!

17. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

jesus christ you guys can argue over some stupid irrelevant stuff sometimes lol

i like the little rambler gasser, personally. fuck it, its just a rambler, right? i see it on the same ball field as vegas, henry j's, hell...anything small that a big motor was shoved into and made to go fast.

fake, real, belly button, too much, not enough, who gives a crap. the only thing i take issue with is a "convertible" car made into a gasser but even at that im gonna put my opinions on cruise control and let this one play out before i pass judgment. how many times on the HAMB has someone taken absolute shit and made a diamond out of it???!!!

anyways, i digress. i love your rambler gasser, build it, break it, enjoy it. keep up the good work

18. 63gasser

63gasser

Well nothing new yet but i did pick up my 4-link yesterday and my straight axle is on its way. the rambler goes under the knife monday morning! This morning i am going to a Automotive Swap Meet for more goodies!

Attached Files:

19. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Go man go!! Keep up the progress!!

20. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

21. 63gasser

63gasser

Went to the swap meet and did get a new B & M Megashifter this morning. can't wait to start cutting out the old front end and start the new one!!

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

Damn dude... I've been looking for a body style like that to build a cruiser for the wife and I and here you go chopping this one up into little pieces. What kills me is that I'm so in favor of it !!

With all due respect to the "traditional" intent of this site... Gasser the crap out of that thing and build it the way you want to. There were just about every body style made into a gasser back in the day. Anyone remember Dave Koffel's studebacker Lark? Build it, keep us in the loop and have a ton of fun with it when it's done.

Personally I think it's uber cool !!!

23. nitrocrew

nitrocrew

Nice project, I have found a lot of people love to talk about what it cool and what is not....build your dream its your car do the best you can, and be proud of your work, Ill bet the guy knocking your build has the same car that has been built before hundreds of times...

24. 63gasser

63gasser

I am going to enjoy building this one ....and thanks for all the input from everyone!

25. robleticia

robleticia

I never thought of a convertable gasser? But I cant wait to see it!

26. 63gasser

63gasser

yes i do know it seems a little off but i wanted to do something a little different. living in arizona we have the best winters and we will enjoy the top down.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  27. robleticia

robleticia

I wasn't knocking it, I'm all for it! If anything I'm jealous!

28. 63gasser

63gasser

no i did not take it that way.....im just a gasser fan from way back! i love this pic of the gassers!!

Attached Files:

29. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Damn that Fairlane is awesome!

30. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I agree with BoBwop. We need new Ideas!
    For example: How many more "Small Block Chevy" engines are we going to see in Streetrods! I know their reliable but.....TME (To Much Exposure)!
    It's time to explore different Bodies and Drivetrains!

I'm Just as guilty (350/350).....but I'm still looking for a deal on a "409" or a big "Nailhead" for my 39' Coupe.