Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torq Thrust Terry Bellingham WA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jackal396, Dec 18, 2008.

1. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Does anybody know Terry personally and if he is okay.

I shipped some wheels to have restored and have not heard back from him except one time, I know terry received the wheels and he was trying to get them done for
    the albany swap meet and i was going to meet him to pick them up, he called the me the day before on nov 14th and said the wheels were not done and he would not becoming to the swap meet due to other issues and he would put my wheels first on the list and get them done and ship them to me.

I have never heard from terry again, i have tried emails with no response, tried calling two diffrent numbers for him and the messages are full and no one answers, his ebay account is no longer selling items and his last 5 or so feedbacks have been negative saying they never received the parts and they cannot get a hold of the seller.

I am not mad or angry at terry and i hope he is okay, i have used him in
    the past to restore wheels and have bought parts from him with no issues
    and he has always done a great job.

Does anybody else have information on Terry?

Thanks,

jp

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

bttt - this is worrisome

dj

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

4. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

I haven't seen Terry in years but I thought he was in Mt. Vernon.
    Mike

5. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

6. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

7. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

With the amount of members on here surely somebody lives near him? Get somebody to go bang on his door! Just a idea......

8. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Quick update,

I have not posted anything about my wheels and wanted to see if i heard back from terry.

A member from this site knows him and knocked on his door a couple of times to find out if he is okay and from what he has told me he is fine and doing some remodeling on his house.

I still have never heard from Terry, even after emails and phone calls were sent to him and it has been since the middle of october since he has had my wheels, all communications have stopped with Terry since i was supposed to pick them up at the albany swap meet on nov 15th, he called me the day before the swap meet and said that he was not going and the wheels were not done yet, all communicatons have stopped since then.

I dont know whats going on, we did not have angry words or anything like that, i just need to get my wheels and get my 55 chevy back on the ground.

I think i have been more then patient with Terry.

Anybody else have any ideas.

jp

9. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

The corvette swap is at Puyallup fair grounds this coming weekend. He should be there or the swap two weeks later. I see him there every year. I had an issue with him a few years back at the Portland swap on some wheels that he sold a friend of mine. I know buyer beware, but when someone could get killed because they were sold unsafe wheels I have a problem with that. Good luck.
    Steve

10. john walker

john walker

if that's the guy with the big red trailer full of wheels, i didn't see him at either of the puyallup swaps.

11. helmsville

helmsville

ive priced him a couple of times, but i bought mine used but new. it just seem's he has to be on the up and up! he is been selling and restoring for so long, if he was a flake sure he would of moved on or i would of herd bad thing's by now ive been playing this game a long time and have allway's luved American's. im sorry i no this realy dosnot help. here is a pic of my car with american's. Chris

Attached Files:

12. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

I've bought wheels from Terry as well as had him restore wheels and I have no complaints. As with any artist or craftsman you sometimes need to be patient but Terry's work speaks for itself:

[​IMG]

(There is a second Terry Vaughan/wheel restorer here in WA, AKH Wheels?, so keep that in mind. I have also had wheels restored by AKH and he did nice work too.)

I hope TV in Bellingham is okay, I need another set of vintage TTs restored.

13. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I got ripped off 3 months ago on ebay from him for $55 when I purchased center caps from him. Wouldn't return emails or phone calls. 2 others after me were also ripped off in the same manner...cashier check cashed.....no products sent. A complete fucckin crook.

14. john walker

john walker

15. Saw him at Puyallup, It's was the Early Bird Swap. He was talking about health issues , and stress. So I think has been talking sometime away from things maybe. But still to have your wheels and not call you, or at least get them back to you is not good customer service.

16. There is no excuse for keeping your wheels!! You paid, he owes you. Even if health is an issue, he could get someone else to get them to you. I call BS on anyone that does this. Remodelling his house? Come on, theres no friggin health issues to be ripping off people. Man I have been there on your side of the fence but after a bunch of threats I got my item.

17. Muttley

Muttley

Someone from the HAMB needs to step up, pay this guy a visit and get the ball rolling................lets get this guys wheels back.

18. Jettback50

Jettback50

I'd send out a notice letter by registered mail. Then you have some proof of contact.

I have lost stuff on deals like this before, the longer it is, the worse it can get.

19. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Feedback is horrendous... work looked good but... I've dealt with that before to with a little photographer girl... work looked good, but no delivery and forever to get my money back... Registered letter is way to go...

20. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

There is never an excuse to rip people out of their hard earned money health issues or not. Keep us informed on this low life crook.

21. There is no need to call Terry a crook. I have personally know Terry for over 20 years and know him to be a decent goodguy. He must be having some kind of problem. No need to act like someone should go to his place and give him trouble. I'm sure he will make it right whatever the deal is.

22. I bought wheels from him face to face about ten years ago........had good product maybe some here knows him and canhelp this guy out

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not making any excuses for him as I only met him at one or two swap meets when I looked at his wheels but anyone can have health issues that keep them from performing what they should be or want to do.

I don't condone anyone selling what should be junked as a good and safe product nor misrepresenting items for sale but that seems to happen more than we like.
    As the wheel thing is most likely a sideline business done on nights and weekends maybe his better half finally set her foot down and told him to get the house done before going back in the shop. Still he needs to respond to the mans emails or phone calls.

24. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

The orginal poster didn't call him a crook.
    He was quite polite .
    The problem with this world is people like you ready to stand up for your bud.If more people in todays world would question things such as orginal poster did .
    We wouldnt have some of these investment scams where everyones sticking up for Joe Blow and next thing you know everyones screwed.
    All your friend had to do is answer this guy.
    Whats so hard about that???

25. pastlane

pastlane

Maybe curbspeed is the go to guy here. Have him stop by, pick up the wheels in question & ship them back to the owner. Isn't that what buddies helping buddies is all about?

26. Brandi

Brandi

Tucson, AZ to Bellingham, WA. Hmm... that's not really "drop by" distance LOL

27. think about what you just said...curbspeed,like me moved from the northwest rain to the nice warm dry desert of tucson arizona.not jabbin ya but look where it says he live below his name..........:D:D

28. pastlane

pastlane

Was sarcasm, sorry.

curbspeed wrote" I have personally know Terry for over 20 years and know him to be a decent goodguy. He must be having some kind of problem".
    If someone I've know for 20+ years was having trouble, I think I'd know about it, especially if I was backing him up.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  29. Like I said earlier, NO EXCUSES!!! Wasnt he able to make it to the swapmeet that was 2+ hours away each way? Did you look at his feedback. I dont give a rats dick if he's a friend and or if the transactions to some people were good. It seems that in the last 4 months he has been hosing people. If he was my friend, he wouldnt be for long!!!! I cant stand excuses especially when people start making them up for him like "Maybe he's sick". Come on, he's able to remodel his house and drive to the swap meet, he can surely answer an email or phone call.
    If you are his friend, go have a little chat with him and get him to respond to the original poster. Thats all the guy wants!!! Oh and his wheels!!!

30. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

holy cow!,thats some crazy feedback. Thanks John for posting that....pretty obvious what we are dealing with.