Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragfast exhaust collectors????need set

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gary terhaar, Nov 15, 2007.

1. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

My buddy is putting together a 39 ford deluxe coupe with a 352 hemi and we were talking about header options.He use to be a header builder in the 50s and 60s and told me about some collectors he used on his partners gasser in about 1960.Dragfast made them and they had a alluminum cover that was removable with wingnuts,sounded neat but cant find any info on them.Does anybody have any pics new or old of them being used and any info on getting a set. any information is greatly appreciated,i would like to get him a set for a going away present,he is moving to p.a. and will be missed by many.

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Like these?

Attached Files:

3. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Not trying to tease you.
    I had two sets,sold them on ebay back in May.
    A friend had a set exactly the same except they said Dragfast on 'em.

4. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Yes vaphead that would be them from the discription i have been told.The set he had said"dragfast" also.No offence,at least i now have seen what they look like.The last person who teased me like that,I made a voodoo doll made of him and he walked real funny for about a week........You wouldent be developing a ich lately,would you?.....................heheheheh. thanks So anybody else have some info on where to find a set?

5. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey.. Saw a hand made set a while back... kool'r then hell! If there are any around after Gary gets his I may be interested in a pair
    Pontiac Slim

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

local guy bought the name and is recasting
    both oval and round

he had a booth set up at the last Hotrod-A-Rama

maybe some one can post contact info...

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I found a card
    I wrote "Dragfast" on the back

Mike Hancock
    STRIP-MASTERS
    Buckley, WA (360) 829-2399
    www.strip-masters.com

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I don't believe you, I think you taunt us... :D

Those collectors are pretty damn cool... They make the 'ol wheels turn...

9. old beet

old beet

I sold a set of round ones to MARSHALL some years ago. Made by a local drag strip promoter Clark Marshall. They were threaded so you could spin them on a stud in the collector. Wish I kept them!...........OLDBEET

10. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Thanks paul,Ill give him a call on monday.I will post back with avail.

11. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

I spoke with mike today and he informed me that he had reproduced the covers with the dragfast logo.He also told me he had the licensing to make them.He dosent offer the collector but he explained a easy way to make them with a peice of 2.5 tubing cut in half and a peice of 16 ga flat stock welded in the middle.The covers cost 125.00 for a pair,He also asked how i got his # and i told him on the hamb,had totell him twice he said i had a n.y. accent.He said he would send a pick via e-mail,when i get it i will post.I think i will make the collectors out of stainless and try to have them ready before my buddy moves...........Thanks everyone for the help.

12. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I am also looking for a set of these collectors. Does anyone know where I can find a set?
    Scott

13. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Havent got the set i ordered yet but expect them this week.Again its just the end cover he sells not the sheet metal collector.Looking foward to making them.

14. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

15. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

CC..

Attached Files:

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Looks like a good project, I would make all of it including the caps........Go for it..Littleman

17. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Well its a little late and i just finished the collectors and the picture thing is a real tough one for me but im getting better.As far as the quality and the turn around time for the covers it was verry good.Mike was a pleasure to deal with and i would recomend his product to anyone who would like to do a set.I ended up making the collectors out of .125 301 stainless and the stub pipes are 1.875 to allow a 1.750 header pipe to slip fit into.I made a set out of .062 and when welded the warpage was to much for me so .125 it was.There a tad on the heavy side but they will stand up to any hits under the running board of my buddys 39 coupe.He is comming down on tuesday and i will give them to him then.Thank you everyone for the help...............Gary

Attached Files:

18. wheelguy

wheelguy

LIKE THESE????

I PICKED UP THE ORIGINAL DRAGFAST COLLECTORS NEW OLD STOCK IN THE
    ORIGINAL BOX...... I'VE HAD THESE FOR A FEW YEARS.
    I HAD A SET ON A 55 Nomad with custom fenderwell headers around 1965, also a set on a 62 Belair 409 around 2001.
    NOT TOO LONG AGO I GOT A PAIR OF THE ORIGINAL CAPS WITH "DRAGFAST" ON THEM.
    SINCE THESE PICS WERE TAKEN I'VE SAND BLASTED THE 'DRAGFAST" CAPS AND THEY LOOK NEW..THEY MAY MAKE THEIR WAY ONTO THE WILLYS SOME DAY (?) ,TIME WILL TELL.

Attached Files:

-Brent- likes this.
  19. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Oh shit...another thing to hunt for.....those are badass.....

20. abone1930

abone1930

Anybody still reproduceing these? I need a set :D The website for Mike above is not working

21. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

There was a set on Ebay this week. Not sure if they're still there.