Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>:: Friday Art Show Anyone? ::<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Step away from the photoshop!!!

2. Eigooh

Eigooh
    from Indiana

Sweet job Del and Tramp. Loved the finished product!!

3. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Thanks everyone!

4. twochops

twochops

I know that until I get a LOT better than I'm now that,
    not to expect any coments on what I post on Friday Art Show.
    Thanks anyway--------TwoChops

5. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Wow, really like this one.
    great work from everyone this week!

6. realkustom51

realkustom51

Good grief thanks. Here is another old repost.

[​IMG]

7. Deadbird

Deadbird

Yep. That's Jesse (Navigator 23). Just turned 16 and busy as heck. I'm trying to get him to sell some of his striping work here on the HAMB to help finance his Falcon project. He really loves striping and gets better all the time. We owe a lot of thanks to the excellent guidance from oldbobsign and the rest of the Brushmasters.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm a very proud Dad. :cool:

8. PostwarModernist

PostwarModernist

Couple of the panels I did for the Indianapolis World Of Wheels Charity Auction
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Not sure what the mood of this post is, sincere or sarcastic and upset but a lot of times artist's
    posts go without comment. I've always looked at this as an opportunity to share my work with
    like minded auto enthusiasts and artists. It isn't really a forum for critiques though many, like myself,
    welcome them but I try not to take the absence of comments personally or as a negative critique.

To my way of thinking, the comments are just a bonus.

I did take time to study your images and found 'em interesting. I especially like the idea of chopping
    up a rare, classic '56 Lincoln so that 'thumbnail really caught my attention. The Buick ute is cool as a
    concept and the photoshopping on the car is cool. With time,as you said yourself, and lots of practice,
    you can only improve. If that great looking silver Buick in your avatar is evidence of your metal skills,
    your talent is evident and it will get noticed

Great show everyone, like I said earlier, thanks to ALL who contributed
    (Even if I didn't mention you personally ;)!!!

10. Smokey2

Smokey2

I'D JEST LIKE TO NO IF THIS WAS DUN BEFORE THE SICPACK< OR AFTER ???

ABSOOOO-LUTLEE BEAUTIFUL !
    ___________________________________________Smoke'

11. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

Thanks Dan! I am all about keep the old traditions a live with my photo work and really am looking for customs rods/bikes to shoot

12. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I again want to say that you folks have some incredible talent. I really look forward to the Friday art show, it is a highlight of the week.

13. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That Buick ute would be so Bitchin!

14. sololobo

sololobo

JESSE, wow bro, sweet 16 and laying down killer lines like that. One shot award of the week to you young brother, you are blessed with major talent. ~sololobo~

15. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

You know, I read that post, and was curious about the meaning, as well. Being a new-comer to this site, I don't expect to receive comments about my work, and if I receive them, then I'm grateful that someone appreciates my humble contribution among this group of enormously talented and gifted artists. I also realize that the longer one is here participating in this weekly exhibition, the more people will get to know you and your work, and in the process, the appreciation will come. Although I don't contribute something every Friday, I'm here enjoying the huge variety of talent that crosses these pages. And, I learn something every week, even at my old age! :D

16. Wow, some great stuff this week everyone !
    What a copious display.
    I totally dig everyones submissions and im awe struck as usual by the sheer amount of talent that frequents this place on a weekly basis.
    I had an idea to toon up some of the ass kickin rides ive seen here on the HAMB and here is the first of a series of these I intend to do.
    I believe this derived from a pic I saw recently by the mega talented Dan Greenburg.

Keep em comin folks !

[​IMG]

17. much better than 1st version. great job:cool:

18. twochops

twochops

[QUOTE=Jigger;7.

I did take time to study your images and found 'em interesting. I especially like the idea of chopping
    up a rare, classic '56 Lincoln so that 'thumbnail really caught my attention. -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the only part in the PS, that is Lincoln is the style of taillights.
    My 2nd post was hoping for comments(good OR bad) helping to
    inprove my finshed work.

this is what it looked like before shorty------TwoChops

Attached Files:

19. Oh no, not a destruction of a Sabre! one of my favorite jets. It should be a Mig going down with the Sabre in the background.

20. eye bone

eye bone

Hey thanks Jigger! I dig that piece you did of the 2 kids racin', Cool!

21. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

22. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

24. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

25. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I'm glad the FAS is still up this morning. Usually Friday's are a busy day for me so it's "Hit & Run". Stellar work, by all, as usual. I appreciate everyone's contribution and love seeing new Folks bring their goods. Thanks again for all the partication.

26. Very cool sketch, glad you got this in on time.

My suspicion for why the show is still up is because our moderator is
    preoccupied by some car show in Detroit ... We should not take too much advantage of the situation and honor the intent of the "Friday" Art Show.
    if you have something to post, maybe you wanna save it for next week's show.
    But you don't have to listen to me, it's not like I'm the police or anything ...

Hey, that gave me an idea ...

27. You going to tell me those front fenders aren't based on the Mark II?

[​IMG]

I like the version you just posted better(the one facing to the left) great proportions and a very cool roof. Also like the tail end and 'pontoon' relief lines. BTW, the front fenders on that last one remind me of modified '57 Ford jobs.

28. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I have long been a lurker/fan of the Friday art Shows.
    There are as many different styles as there are artists and various mediums depicted.
    Although, I expect accomplished renderings from the commercial artists, I appreciate the courage of each posting here.
    A poster has a tag line that pretty well sums it up.

"It is not what you look at that matters, but what you see."

I admire each post, although there are some more to my liking more than others.
    That is what art is about.

Each person, regardless whether photography, pin stripping, drawing with pen and pencil, or using computer aided drqwing programs, can rest assured that while I do not post comments about your artistry, I do , never the less, enjoy each.
    Not to mention any names, but I especially appreciate the welding technique represented in Garage Art postings.

Thank each and every one who posts their work for us all to enjoy.

29. Have to agree with you jigger soon as I saw those they screamed Mark2 to me. What it needs is to follow thru and use Mark2 taillights or something similar and placed higher up. I can even see it with 55 chev tail lights with their normal slight bump out. Maybe that sketch will inspire someone to buy my Mk2 and build it. LOL!

30. erlomd

erlomd

nice work to all....great and inspiring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.