Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevrolet positive ground?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, May 29, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Ive done a search on here and only found info on fords being positive ground(years accordingly).Trying to figure out if my 48 chevrolet stylemaster is positive ground.It was hooked up negative ground when I got It but finding some of the mistakes made by previous owners I wouldn't suspect that that could be backwards.I finally got it out for a short drive and when I got home battery was discharged,car would not start back up.charged battery on charger-car started.I have picked up a voltage regulator and will install that tomorrow.Wires from alternator are also in bad condition -will be replacing them to.Do I need to polarize the regulator

2. Crestliner

Crestliner

Chevy is negative ground. You will need to polarize a new regulator.

3. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Thanks for the info man,now I'm ready to tackle that job tomorrow,hopefully the new regulator and wires get the job done -keep`n the battery charged up .

4. the GM regulator that was on the car for a generator? should be marked on the side of the base if it is P or N ground if you have a six volt system yet? look on the old regulator

Last edited: May 29, 2010