Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Autolite 3X2 Setup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by galaxieguy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. galaxieguy

galaxieguy

Has anyone ever tried to use Autolite 2100 Carbs in place of Holley's for a Ford FE 3X2 (tri-power) setup? I'm having dificulty setting up the linkage correctly... Any suggestions?

2. Keep in mind the 3X2 setups only idled on the center carb, and the outers only opened under hard acceleration. You're going to need to plug the idle ports on the outer Autolites. I believe the outers did not have power valves either (?).

You will need a slider on the center carb where the linkage goes to the outers, and the outers will need the throttle arm length shortened so they can "catch up" as the center carb comes full open.

3. R Pope

R Pope

There was a good how-to on just that subject in Hot Rod mag a few years ago. Maybe someone has a copy.

4. galaxieguy

galaxieguy

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If you have the correct carbs, I'm pretty sure the linkage is reproduced. It goes down the drivers side across in front of the front carb and then back up the pass side to the carb. Original linkage parts show up on Ebay pretty often. You can even get new carbs for that set up but pack a wallet.

6. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Dearborn classics sells the Blue Thunder linkage for the Autolites in a 3-2 setup along with the air filter , carbs and intake. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$