Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geoff Miles & Steve Coonan: ROADTRIP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 28, 2008.

1. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Hey, Geoff it was great seeing you at Louisville! The chassis drew a good crowd to the booth as planned. The whole deal seemed prefectly "Traditional" to me.

Glad the trip was fun and safe.

Now I see how California shops get their staffers early and train'em right! LOL

Alan

Attached Files:

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hahahaaa, that's a broom! In the thumbnail, I thought that little kid was running at the roadster with a baseball bat!!

3. Geoff,
    I think its f@#kin' insanely cool!
    Looks like a real blast was had by all.
    I have sent this link to some people down here and some get it and others ask why? I say, "Why Not"
    GMT rolled his eyes and had a giggle at what you gys were doing but as usual he GOT IT
    Take care and best regards,
    Greg

4. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

So, I don't get it. What's the big deal with flat towing? That's how I get my Banger around when I need to go long distances. Oh and Leroy Smith, Mike's dad, of California Hot Rods put together my tow-bar, made from a set of V8 bones.
    [​IMG]

5. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

okay, so i ran out of steam in getting a few more photos up on here and also the remainder of the trip. in all honesty, you're going to have to wait to read the rest of the story in the next issue. but basically we got to the nationals with out too much trouble. we put the chassis in the booth and changed steve's axles, wheels and tires to his preferred slicks and five-spokes. people at the Nationals were really receptive of both cars, it was kind of embarrassing at times. Then before we knew it, it was time to get back on the road heading home. We mapped out a slightly different route and planned on visiting some more people and shops along the way. it was definitely a lot hairier on the way back, huge wind gusts and some rain, but we made it back with out any problems to the roadster or chassis, other than the normal beating any car takes on a cross country trip.

i'll leave it at that for now, more in the next issue of TRJ

Attached Files:

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

TRJ, are you saying Steve brought extra rear axles and changes them to swap the mags, because of different bolt patterns?? You guys are wacky!

7. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks like the lastest issue of the TRJ is out with the ROADTRIP coverage

8. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hadn't thought about this in a while as having read the TRJ article some time ago... and thought then "What A bunch of crazies" but very much liked the pictures and article.
    And now to hear a bit more of the backstory, I think this could go back up to the top for a remember when!
    Thanks Geoff and Steve for your got guts and going for it, S2 :)

9. thesupersized

thesupersized

i don't get it, sorry. would be more interesting if he towed the roadster with the chassis!!!

10. Fireball Five

Fireball Five

Once towed an air compressor.- behind a Dune Buggy,- behind a 16 foot trailer of eqpt.- behind a 1ton International 4x4,- behind a GMC 2 ton boom truck, About 35 miles. Worked OK ,. Used about all the balls I had.

11. You have to love it!:)

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I've flat towed everything with wheels...Today, to suggest flat towing my tub behind ANYTHING without proper armament with the crazies out there? (Crazies? We're the ones towing... LOL)
    Reminds me of WWll and the target tugs. "Fire at will..."