Register now to get rid of these ads!

New For 1961

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. very annoying they dont do hardtop models .... ANYWHERE
    i was lucky to find a dealer promo one... especially in this country!
    but i want to cut one up!

2. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Sorry, not a fan.

With the exception of the 58-60 squarebirds, I've never been drawn to a T-bird.

Maybe because all the Baby Bird snobs would look down their noses at my lowly Crown Vic Glasstop , I dunno, but I just don't like them...

3. [​IMG]
    re-doing the interior with '65 and adding disk brakes.
    Awesome driving cars, and look supersonic sitting still!

4. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Now THAT'S a nice Bird!

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I seem to be the only person ever to notice that the 4 seater Tbird came in just as the Lincoln Continental Mark II was phased out. In other words the Tbird was the replacement for the Mark. Both were expensive, heavy personal luxury cars built for looks and style not performance although they were not exactly slow.

This may explain why they put that square roof on the swoopy Jetsons body of the 58 Tbirds. The body and roof didn't come close to matching but it was a way to tie the Tbird to the Mark visually.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

As for who the car was meant for. It was meant for rich people who wanted stylish transportation but did not need a big sedan for hauling a family around. There were Lincoln and Mercury sedans for that.

One happy Tbird owner was Gracie Allen. Husband George Burns told how they had His n Hers Cadillacs for years but Gracie never liked driving hers. It was just too big and intimidating to drive especially in traffic. So she got a Tbird as soon as the 4 passenger ones came out and she loved it. It had all the luxury features of a Cadillac, it had style, and it was just the right size.

7. tubergomez

tubergomez
    from Ohio

I have a 61 for sale 352 286 4149

8. Paul B

Paul B