Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wally Parks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Goodbye Wally,,,,HRP

Attached Files:

2. beauishere

beauishere

He was and should remain hot rodding's compass. He always knew the right way. A great man, and better still, a good man. May he rest in peace.

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

As long as there are hot rodders, hot rodding and drag racers drag racing the man will never die. He will always be there in spirit although his physical being is gone. GODSPEED

4. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

wow sad news god speed Wally

5. Ole don

Ole don

Some men live long, Wally lived long and fast. Thank you Wally, for all you helped to create for us. RIP.

6. cavera

cavera

The man and his work will always be remembered.
    Godspeed Mister Parks!!!

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Sad news indeed...........God Speed to the great dyno in the sky.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man, first I had to get up for work then I see this. Took the lube outta my engine. What a loss. At least he has a few hundred friends waiting for him up at the Pearly Gates.

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

10. Thank you Mr. Parks.
    R.I.P.
    and GodSPEED!

11. blue57ford

blue57ford

A very sad day for all hot rodders out there. Wally, you will be missed.

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Suitable for framing and what a visionary.

13. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Thank you for all you've done for the Hot Rod & drag racing world Wally.
    R.I.P!

14. a/fuel junkie

a/fuel junkie

Been a tough year for Hot Rodders. First the loss of Robert Petersen and now Wally Parks. The " Greatest Generation " is passing on. Thank for everything you did to help Hot Rodding and Drag Racing. GODSPEED WALLY.

Clay Shill
    Hahira, Georgia

15. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

As someone said earlier I am not surprised, im glad he lived as long as he did and accomplished what he did, he will never be forgotten. I just hope guys from my generation and generations after will remember people like Wally and know what important things he did from an era far gone.
    R.I.P.

16. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Let us all make him proud & continue his passion with good intentions & in high spirit, R.I.P. Wally

17. Burny

Burny

18. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Lets keep the fire lit for the next generations and show them the way it was, the way it is, and the way its going to be.

R.I.P. Wally Parks

19. One of the things I did not take enough advantage of while living in So Cal was to take in the entire Hot Rod experience. I was young and on a mission to get a career. I wish I'd taken the opportunity to meet some of these ledgendary and influencial men. I hope Wally's resting peacefully and gets a chance to grease the wheels of God's chariots, smiling down on the sport he helped make safer and gain public respect.
    God bless you Wally and your family

20. LIMEY

LIMEY

Sad news, RIP Mr Parks :-(

Kev.

21. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

It's my firm belief, that the only thing that died was Mr. Parks "Earth Suit". His spirit (soul) lives on in place we'll see some place. That place had a few thousand of his best buddies waiting to welcome him in to a place of honor, he earned. Think of how many people he saved from death and harm by "organizing" sanctioned, safe, Drag Racing. It's hard to count the vision and hope he gave to kids looking for an outlet to use thier imagination, building skills, and prepare them for their future. We add to his passing with a solid "Job Well Done"

22. There are no words...........

Attached Files:

23. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Man that sux. I used to read about him alot in rodding books. A true legend.

24. 40mel

40mel
    from SoCal

I'm 59 and a Drag Racer and a Hot Rodder. Wally Parks touched my life in one way or another for at least 48 of those 59 years. His visions have been my inspirations most of my life. Thank you Wally!
    R.I.P

Mel Rebman

25. slammed

slammed

A loss this big Knock's the wind out you. A thank's to the man, and the people who have work along side this icon for nearly 70 yrs. May his soul be cleansed of sin, forgiven, and accepted into the Kingdom of God. Amen.

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Damn, now I'm bummed, what a loss to hot rodding. All those stories, all those memories, all gone.

27. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

This will make my annual visit to the NHRA museum during the Grand National Roadster Show even more poignant. There are few icons in the world today that are worth the respect that Wally earned in the hearts and minds of so many...he will be missed.

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Its a crime that we have lost him, but he truly lives on.....in every hot rod we drive and build, everytime we blast down the Drag Strip or salt and lake bed......It was truly the highlight of my California trip while working with Jimmy Shine on the show and given the chance to attend his last birthday party and to meet the man himself..........We just met Mr. hilborn himself yesterday, we walked into his office, and their he sat, I think he is in his 90's himself, and he was on his computer designing go fast parts, it was amazing to see...........will miss you Mr. Parks, Dave Littleman Lohr

29. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

RIP to an amazing hot rodder.

30. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

What a wonderful guy. He'll be missed dearly by those who knew him, what he's done, etc. God bless his family.

Thank you Wally,....thank you for the inspiration, and for helping pave the way for young guys like me.