Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back Seat Betty

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 29, 2007.

1. I does grow on you. I like the grill and I like the use of the poly 325. I'd like to know what you did to the engine. What kind of intake is that? Where did the header design come from? What is a TMC TTK 5-speed? How is it mated to the Dodge?

2. [​IMG]

This is just a pic of Mrs. PPOC checking out Betty at "Garage Days '07" at HRC&C. She really dug it!

Ya know, I've watched this car in various stages of construction and helped push her into her spot in the HRC&C display at this years Chicago WoW. Somehow I never looked at this car as a "Theme Car". I thought it was a very well designed and constructed kool ol' hotrod. I realized that it has quite a few nods to vintage WW2 Warbirds, yet it never seemed "overpowering". Everything seems "balanced". When I first saw the rivet detail in the bodywork, I didn't think B25 inspired fuselage theme. I just thought; "What a neat idea!".

I guess I'm just too close to this build, but you all gotta admit it is quite a interesting and well done hotrod. Mucho kudos to the Hill & Tulley team for a super nice hotrod.......

Joel

3. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

You guys did a great job on this one! I never thought of it as a theme car either, it is just a hotrod made with your style and interests in mind. I can really appreciate the aircraft style work, being a fighter jet mechanic myself. Obviously you wouldn't want to build every one of your cars in this manner, but you don't seem to have any intention of doing that. Great car! Great craftsmanship!

4. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I kinda like it. Always did like a red head with big tits, but why the name Back Seat Betty on a coupe? Sorry if someone already asked that.

5. mcload

mcload

I admire the design, craftsmanship, and attention to detail. I understand the reason for the exhaust design, but I think it interrupts the overall flow of the body. In other words, distracts rather than compliments. But overall, it's a great study in concept and design.

Did you go with the Jet-Hot coating on headers because of patina, or, why not chrome?

Great feature Ryan.

Patrick McLoad
    The Venus Project

6. jn6047

jn6047
    from Alberta

I like it.

jn6047

7. Justin B

Justin B

i could like it but the headers just ruin it for me, never understood fenderwell headers on a car without fenders. they distract from the rest of the car when they should flow with it.
    swap them out for something that flows (think lakes style or maybe moon dragster pea shooters) and i think it would change alot of peoples minds about the car.

great craftsmanship though

8. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

I love the Baloney cut exhaust turnouts,very similiar to a radial engines exhaust.WELL DONE!:eek:

9. rjgideon

rjgideon

I thought that I was the only one who noticed that.

However, the car as a whole is amazing. I really like it and I hope the owner has a blast in it. It definitely is a work of art, not an art car.

10. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

11. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

PHP:
    what kirk said,awesome work though

12. jn6047

jn6047
    from Alberta

After thinking about it a bit more, I could really see a car of similar construction, but with a full hood like Foose's P52 and it's exhaust, and a tractor style grille like the one in this picture.

jn6047

Attached Files:

13. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

I really really think its awesome to see the craftsmanship that went into that car. Not something I would build, but I definitely appreciate the work that goes into a car like that.

14. Love the instruments/gauges, the throttle/prop pitch/mixture lever cluster used as choke/ignition/start controls, and the Douglas transport control yoke for a steering wheel. The ceiling beams and rivets protruding from the ceiling would give a mindful driver or passenger pause, lest even a minor mishap gets one literally scalped.

Stunning craftsmanship throughout.

The nose art is right on. It's traditional: just salacious enough to evoke the longing, and decent enough not to piss off the colonel. Note: it's also not depicting the airplane, or the car on which it's painted, which would have been just lame.

15. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

H@ly Sh!t...Perfection.....WoW!...I hope i am to some day see this metal art in person!

16. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

What is the world comimg to when NADS is being PC ?

And I loved you bro like the little kitty I didn't mean to bury past its ears...

Can't it still breath with it's face full of sand?

Hey P jr. autograph?

17. Bazooka

Bazooka

I love it. Alot of nice work put into that thing...

18. Buckle

Buckle

A bit over the top for me. The craftmanship is awesome and I agree with the green glow in the interior, I noticed that right away, that really creates a feeling in the interior, pretty cool.

19. oaktree

oaktree

It sings! Beautiful car.....

20. back seat betty

back seat betty
    BANNED

Hello Slicks,
    Well I have to say Thanks to HRCC for listening and thinking this car through. Motor is a one year Dodge 325 poly..super red ram. Built by Opel Engineering in Carolstream ,IL. Heavy reenforced Henry frame. The car is not a theme but rather a tribute to those who sacrificied their lives in the pursuit of freedom and democracy. Ive seen all the other cars with a aircraft type style, its Mr.Tully that stuck it to Fuss for its the only real rivit car I have ever seen! My first road trip was this weekend and she performed magnificently. Only complaint I have is when U get into a tribute car, your in the hands of the builders and be dam sure your pockets can handle the pressure. O one other thing make sure they dont run out of locktight. BSB

21. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I think it is very cool, tremendous workmanship. Hate the roof.

22. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

Let'see:

Loose the grille, paint it flat black, hang lakes, loose the rivets, remove the roof treatment, change the headers. etc.....

Then it will be a perfect everybody else has it rod. The car is an incredible piece plain and simple. You got to love that a lot of guys want every single car to look exactly the same or it is wrong. It is a cool looking car with an incredible eye for detail. Do not change a thing!! It is easy to do the same thing over and over but it takes craftsmanship and talent to pull something like that off.

23. slammed

slammed

This car will inspire alot of builder's.

24. Steve

Steve

not so sure I like the grill shell but the rest of it is awsome

25. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

There is more work and thought and originalty put into this car than most you will see at car shows. It's not a cookie cutter car and its got a lot more into it than a rat rod. I love it for the way it is different and for how it not only functions (everything works) but it has a style all to its own that shows a level of craftsmanship and engineering that is seldom seen on today home built hot rods.
    When you are just bolting on chrome parts from a catalogue on your car ....you can't trash on this one!!!

26. tjm73

tjm73

I like the roof windows. Not sure about the color though. Like the dash and interior. Don't like the rivits look or the grill.

All things aside I can't help but admire the workmanship.

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

She's drilling in the wrong place........

Did you drill each hole in 'steps'? And then debur 'em??? Like Boeing???

BTW......I really dig it man....that's COMMITMENT right there......

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

How about a rivet TECH piece? I have been wanting to do some on my modified but am a little nervous.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shit... That looks like an insane amount of work.

30. Awesome craftsmanship. I love the grill (but I'm kind of biased, I like it on my jalopy too). I am so impressed with the rivet work, and the commitment it took to do that. I was going to be so irritated if the rivets were "airbrushed" (ala OCC). Everytime i go back and look at the pictures, I see something else cool. In the end, that's what matters. Does the car make you want to stop and stare for hours, before you go look at the rows of red belly-button 350/350 roadsters? HELL YEAH! Well done!