Register now to get rid of these ads!

Donuts or Burn Outs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 13, 2012.

1. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I like sandy donuts!
    TP

2. seatex

seatex

Mmmmmmm Donuts...................until I got of my box and added some "curb topping". Cracked Steel Cragar, bent axle................. shit. was damn fun till the curb got in the way, though.

3. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

I like smokey ass burnouts!!! I also like gettin Pitched. I dare not say the D word that they made a sport out of. but rounding a turn and goosing it only to lay hard lock for a hundred feet is cool. specially when you gracefully return it to a normal driving position and maintain your mature like posture on the road.

4. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

That's why I always caveat:

"I’m pretty darn sure this old 8mm (video) film has appeared on here somewhere before..."

Trust me, it's hard to find original stuff to post 104 times a year! :eek:

5. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I don't care how many times this is posted...I love it and was actually looking for this clip the other day!! Snow or no snow, these guys were gettin with it!! I can't imagine how much they were laughing their asses off that day and I'll bet they about wore that old film out watching it! Bet they would have never guessed that all these years later, there would be a pack of like minded folks still digging that video!!

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i love when they re asphalt a parking lot and cover it in sand.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Peel out. I just love it when guys peel out."

Straight line for me. Going in a circle reminds me of those damn drifters. Damn hooligans in thier ricer rigs. There outta be a law.

8. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Tommy,....Yes we can....... Lots of over 4,000 ft elevation places,.....complete with ice, snow, and fun !!!

4TTRUK

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Another for donuts, or even better figure 8's!

I think thats why the old walmart buildings all over the country sit empty after the build a "super" walmart a few miles away. So ppl have abandoned parking lots that will be there for decades to be a hood in the snow :)

10. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

i like to make a bakes dozen or two for sure .... burnouts just tear up your tires....

11. Again , not good for your car , but, I used to make 'TEARDROPS' , this involved rolling backwards , then , 4000 RPM and a slight turn then straight , the result , great black , teardrop shaped burnouts

12. arbs1976

arbs1976

They call it cutting hoops in Australia. I thought that was kinda a cool name for it.

13. The first guy in that video has some serious control of his car. Looks like an audition tape for a moonshine running reality show. :)

14. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

Donuts. Or cookies (how's that for a regional thing?).

Back in high school, we used to practice our 'creative driving' skills on the frozen lake near my home town (south central Nebraska). Average depth was around 15 feet. Was usually great fun, until the one time when we stopped driving for a 30 minute hockey game - when we got back to the car, it had settled into the ice about 3/4", and took 45 minutes to get unstuck...

15. dad-bud

dad-bud

Mmmmmm, donuts - is there nothing they can't do...????

Homer J. Simpson

16. those were the fkn days indeed! tach that whore out and sidestep the clutch and grin so damn hard my face would hurt!:D

17. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Called them doghnuts here. Or Rockfords. As in Jim Rockford from the show Rockford files since he often did some crazy driving in that Firebird.

In winter, if not a parking lot, a frozen lake was a great place to have some fun.
    I got a reckless driving ticket once though for messing around on a frozen lake.
    Me and some friends were out one night at our ice house playing cards and having a few beers. I was 19 or 20 years old.
    When we left, I had some fun getting the car up to a high rate of speed and spinning the wheel. Whoo hoo!

Well, little did I know there was a cop sitting in his squad car on shore.
    When I drove off the lake, there he was.
    After giving me a lecture on hydraulics and how I could have gone through by setting up a wave ahead of me, (very true) he told me he at one point clocked me at over 60mph. Said since there technically isn't a speed limit set for driving on lakes, he was giving me the reckless charge.

I went to traffic court over it, and you should have seen the look on the face of the judge when he looked over the police report. I plead guilty, and to my surprise, all the judge did was put me on a probation for one year. No fine, just keep out of trouble for a year.

Good times...good times....:D

18. why do you all need snow to do donuts?

19. I like eating donuts while doing a burnout. there, problem solved.

20. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Yup thats my old man! "Cabbage" Notice the locals dont even flinch... Thats because he did this kinda stuff all the time and pretty much everyday at that " Buford crossing" crossroads. Had to hone the drifting sliding skills for the Super Modified he raced. First one was a 1932 Tudor called "The Slaw Wagon" then a deuce coupe, Tall T and even a 30-31 Tudor and a chevy coupe aswell. Most with C+T Stroker chevys Injected on "fuel". But thats another story : )

21. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

I try not to smoke the tires. But my wife smokes them every time she drives my car.She says she just isn't use to the pedal.. I think she likes it , maybe a little to much.

22. flamingokid

flamingokid

James Garner inspired a lot of us teens.I mastered the Rockford by accident,then made it my signature move.I later took courses at Bondurant because he did.And I still watch it whenever it's on.

23. deto

deto

I feel like before I sell my car I need to do a donut or 2 in it. I have never done any in a hot rod. Now my parents '97 suburban, well, that was another story...

24. autobilly

autobilly

Thanks Jay, this is one Hoodlum that's glad to see it again!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=11079

25. afaulk

afaulk

One of the fun things about drag racing is the burnout. Remeber when John Force always did a half track? Always remember to have your head against the rest. When you let off the loud pedal and it hooks, it can jar your brain. (don't need any more of that)

26. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

And all those Import Tuner guys thought they invented "drifting". Butch/56sedandelivery.

27. Greybeard

Greybeard

looks to me like a black and white cruiser crosses the intersection in the far background at about 58 seconds.... Anybody else see it?

28. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Still fun to watch.............