Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HEMI Tech- INDEX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jul 5, 2006.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry guys! I'm way behind on keeping up on some of this stuff. Got a little busy around here. Keep PMing me info and suggestions and I'll try to figure out where it needs to be. There is seriously some amazing information here and let's keep it growing!

Thanks guys! :)
    Scooter

2. ThomasC

ThomasC

Thanks for all the great info!!!

3. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Thanks for all the great Info. It has been really helpful with my Desoto Rebuild.....

Spoons

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've bumped this up. I've been crazy busy and I'm honestly very behind on keeping this up to date. There's been a lot of builds worthy of mentioning as well as some great stuff coming up on the board that should be linked in the related topics.

BTTT... If anyone has anything to add to the topics, send me a PM if it needs to be added or link it up under the correct topic. Seems like early Hemis are getting more popular every day! We still have a TON to add here that has NOT been covered.

Still looking for people's build progress posts as well as people doing progressive build TECH on their Hemis.

Now get back to work on your Hemis! :D

Thanks for looking and participating!

Cheers!
    Scooter

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay guys, I've been going through some of the threads on here and I see that I REALLY REALLY need to add a few catagories to the Index including a specific catagory for Industrial and Marine applications. Tons of inquiries on that lately.

Awhile back the boss made a change that eliminated the "EDIT" button and it was never restored. When it's back I will go through all these threads and get things up to speed. I'm overdue and I appologize for that. There has been a ton of new threads that should be linked up in here that are very valuable to the content of this little HAMB school for Hemis.

Since I'm bumping this up, can you guys please add here, any catagories you might like to see covered that haven't been touched on? Also, any suggestions on things that should change?

Thanks for your help guys/gals!

Scooter

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still getting the PM's with the ideas and input to the above ^^^^. Please post them here so everyone can see them.

One of them discussed awhile back was with Limey Steve and his Daimler Hemi stuff. Here's an example thread to get you guys thinking...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151281

Thanks! BTTT

7. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I'll have a few pics of mine coming up here in a few days...
    Long block is assembled and and have the intake and mag mocked up...
    FYI.......060 over 291 Desoto........

Attached Files:

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Perfect! I did not know this existed. Bookmarked!

10. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Some really good info here. Thanks for organizing it in this manner. Bravo.

11. Little Rat

Little Rat

Thanks for the info, I have a Desoto 330 that will need this info.
    Bob

12. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

When you get this "done", let me know and we can copy it to the Tech archives...

13. This is good stuff. Thanks for the info. Maybe now I can get my 354 to stop blowing oil out of the right side.

Bill

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:eek: That does not sound good...

Hope it helps! If not, just post up a thread and we'll help you out.

Glad to see more people are using this lately. Seems like there have been a TON of Hemis for sale and tons of threads with questions related to them.

We STILL need more DeSoto and Dodge tech folks! Add knowledge to the topics where you can! Keep it coming!

15. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

Damn good reads on here!
    Thanks for making this thread possible.

16. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

you DAMN SKIPPY! thanks fer the info, what he said! hows it hanging Ron?

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still haven't been able to edit this thread, so I'm just going to add this link to the end for the time being. Some really great images/renderings of early Chrysler brochures. Thanks Cross Rodder! Once I can edit this, I'll add a catagory to support this information and clean up this thread.

Enjoy!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342602

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay guys! I have some editing rights back, but I've been informed the rights might go away in the future depending on changes that may come to the HAMB. To be safe I've added a "Social Group" just to capture and make it easier for me to edit and moderate the content. That means no drama, only facts and discussions!

Be patient with me while I get caught up one everyone's input from that past few months. It's going to take me a little bit, but I want this to really expand and grow with the HAMB.

Check it out!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=273

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big thanks to RYAN for fixing me up with an "EDIT" button on this Index so I can add links!

I have added links for:

1) Hemi Engine Mounts
    2) Daimler Hemis

Please add to the catagories and help us out!!

If you have anymore suggestions, post them here! I have few more to add, just doing getting back into the grove!

Thanks again for all your support!!

21. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

We need desoto blower manifolds!!!!!! O-E-O...O-O

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree! Bump up the intake and/or blower thread and get people movin!

NOTE! I added some new topics to the INDEX. Check them out! Hope they help!

23. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

Thanks for putting all of the work into this. P.S. We need marine crank conversion kits!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! I think a butthair thick notched sleeve with some jb weld would do it.

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just throw a standard passenger crank in and you're alllll set! ;):D

25. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

Yea, I know but I have sweet marine cranks collecting dust.

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump up the topic on Crankshafts or start a new thread regarding the topic and someone should have a solution for you. :cool: Sounds like a great topic. If you start a thread I'll link it to the crankshaft section.

Thanks and good luck!

27. 73RR

73RR

There are considerable differences between the pass car and marine cranks at the snout. The marine piece could be welded up and machined to look like the pass car part but it may be cheaper to just replace it. I'll try to post a pic later unless someone has a marine crank sitting out and can do it sooner.
    ...and don't forget to plug the oil feed coming out the front end....

28. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

I started a marine crank thread, you can punch me in the face if I know how to link it though. It's called Hemi Marine Crank Ho Down.

29. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. I am, as we speak, putting together a blower intake for a DeSoto Hemi. I'm starting with a generic, cast, aluminum blower intake top half from Dyers. I was originally going to mate it to my Stock 291 4bl intake using a 3/4" thick base plate with the top half, but I have since traded the cast iron 4bl intake for an aluminum 2X2 intake. The 2x2 intake is aluminum (BIG weight savings), will give better distribution, and will provide a better bearing surface to mount the base plate too. If anyone is interested, I will take pictures as I do it...