Register now to get rid of these ads!

Phoenix Mini Bike Day Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mods, I know this is a bit O/T, but if you'll indulge me a bit I know a bunch of us around here have these....

Tomorrow from 10:00 AM to 2:00PM Ron Olmstead is hosting Phoenix's first ever MINI BIKE ROUND UP!!! This is going to be a "bring it if you got it" type event. Ron's place is right next to huge park, parking lots and a quite street that we intend to take full advantage of untill otherwise asked not to. He plans a small swap too, so if you have any extra parts bring 'em to swap. If you have a project mini ging together, bring it and bench race so you'll get going on it! This will be a blast, that I promise! See you there!

(click on the flyer a couple of times and it will be big enough to read!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. GreggAz

GreggAz

might have to run over for that

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bump! This gonna be fun! Oh, plenty of shade too. The Gila monster just saw his shadow, looks like 4 more weeks of summer!

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Good one.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, he's my figment so I say he is Jose' Gila Monster! I see him with the sombrero and all...

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

If it's not too late...we need to totally CAPITALIZE on this as well as my Barry G. idea....t-shirts, stickers, we need a backer! We'll talk tomorrow.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bump! If you have them bring chairs and maybe a pop up or two in case this gets huge!

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Last bump of the evening...

12. I'm expecting to see pictures of fire burnouts, bus-jumping, and other death-defying stunts. Just a picture of somebody on fire jumping a school bus would suffice.

13. A bump for those folks that are living right.

14. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

What state are you in? the flyer didn't show that or I missed it.

15. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Well I was planning on doing an exibition bus jump but I was told it would scare the kids inside if I missed, and my bike is still in a pile of parts. Maybe next year.

16. It's in Phoenix Arizona.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

...And I think I hear my mom calling...

18. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

See ya tomorrow Guys

19. Mike

Mike

Rats! I'm stuck here at work until 1:00pm. Maybe I can get out of here a bit early and catch the last bit of this gig.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn guys!!! That was fun!!! I'll load and post my pictures a little later. Just wanted to bring this forward.

21. broey

broey

Yeah I had a blast. Now I just gotta talk Ron into selling me the black bike he picked up at the swap in Prescott! Thanks for throwin suck a good event!

22. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Post those pics!

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll get to it yet today. I just got back from Ron and Jans doing the last little bit of clean up.

24. ronbo48

ronbo48

iT WAS REALLY A GREAT TIME WITH ABOUT 20 OR MORE BIKES.
    A BIG THANKS TO CHIP QUINN, WHO WAS THE "TECH" MASTER AND WHO HELPED ALOT OF US WITH SET UPS ON MOTORS AND THROTTLE CABLES.
    THANKS TO CHIP I HAD A GREAT, SAFE DAY.

THOSE 6 HORSE-212 CC HARBOR FREIGHT MOTORS REALLY ROCK WHEN CHIP GET A HOLD OF ONE!!!!!!!!!!

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks Ron!

Actually, THANKS to EVERYBODY that came over to Ron and Jan's yesterday and played!!!
    That was a bunch of fun! And now, maybe if I throw another MINI BIKE night at my joint we'll get some more turn out, too.
    Yesterday was beyond either Ron's or my expectations. We were just laughing about it a little earlier today, the turnout was truly almost a bit overwhelming. Plus, you can't believe how many friends of mine around the country texted and e-mailed about how they wished they could get similar stuff started. Like I told Flat-N-Low yesterday, "To start a lunatic asylum, all you need is a room and the right kind of people...", Thank you all for being the right kind of people! I was elbow deep doing the tech thing for a good part of the day yesterday, so I didn't get too many pictures. But these should give you a good taste of what it was like. I wish I could have snapped a picture just as stuff reached critical mass right before everybody took off riding though. There was almost no room to walk!

Big, big, big, THANK YOU to not only Ron Olmstead, but to his wife Jan who worked her tiny butt off and happily puts up with all the crazy stuff Ron and sometimes I think up and egg him into. Without them opening their home to all of us, this silliness wouldn't have happened. Also, I have to thank our unknown Phoenix Police officer who had every right to shut this whole deal down yesterday, but instead just wanted to know if we were "practicing for a circus?"!

Gang, this deal was fun, and lets continue it on at the Southwest Nostalgila Drags on November 10th. Thank you!

(I'm still doing thumbnail type pictures, so just click on them and they'll get bigger right before your eyes.)

Attached Files:

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

We had 23 bikes in all with project bikes, and about 65 folks show up. Everybody that brought something to sell at the swap, sold something! I have to make note of the little blue bike on the stand in some shots... It was built by Dean Livermore of "Hot Rods By Dean" here in town as a father/son project. A new bar has been set as far as I'm concerned for making these things pretty!

Attached Files:

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

More still!

Attached Files:

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

There were so many that I missed... Did anybody get any good riding shots?

Attached Files:

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

So was Dean there earlier?

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, he was out of town, so he brought his by earlier in the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.