Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs MY FIRST CAR!! 53 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomCars, Jun 2, 2012.

1. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Finally I got my first car! 1953 Ford Mainline with a Flathead v8:D My Dad and I have been looking for a project to do for awhile looked at a few but most of them were either super rusty or didnt have a title. Well one night while looking around craigslist I came arcoss a 53 Ford and the next morning my Dad and I got up and went to look at.. After looking it over and takin it for a spin we struck a deal! My dad had a 53 ford also in the 80's that was a mild custom .. Lowered, louvers and frenched headlights . I plan on just drivin the heck out of it with my Dad , Flake the roof , french the headlights and louver the hood..:D It was sitting in a barn for 20+ years and is really solid and the flathead runs AWESOME If you got any ideas or pics of your 52-54 ford post them I would love to see them. Thanks.
    -Jason

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. [​IMG]
    here is my 53. just a custom grille for now.

3. Barz51

Barz51

Is it your first car period? That's awesome! Major props to your dad too! Throw some pics up if you get a chance.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yaaaaaay Jason! Glad to hear you finally found one...and actually were able to bring it home!...lol. Very happy for you. Can't wait to see pics.

Hey guys...14 year old Jason is part of the answer to the question, "Are we the last of the Mohicans?" If Jason and other young men like him have anything to do with it...we won't be.

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Good luck on your new car,Just be patient

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thanks guys! I will post them tomorrow.

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Yup it is ! Only 14 but I have been saving my pennys:D

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Good luck with the car

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thanks !

10. Killer man! As cool as the car is and will be, enjoy the time you spend with your dad working on it, talking about it, driving it, etc. Thats what counts and that's what you'll remember the most.

Congrats!

11. R Pope

R Pope

Well, if you are going to french the headlights, you don't have to look far for the definitive rings for the job!

12. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Excellent!! Please, keep us updated with words and photos....before and after. You anbd your dad arre going to create some great memories. Savour every minute!!

13. rld14

rld14

14 years old and your first car is a 53 Ford with a flathead.

Mazel Tov indeed. Now, join the social group, click on my profile and you will link to it. 52-59 Ford social group, GREAT people on there.

14. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

welcome from illinois, and also another 53 ford owner.

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Extremely cool !!!!!! 53-54 Fords are so custom looking anyways that just a cleanup really makes them stand out. Nice to see you and your Pop will be doing this one together.

Now, you have to promise us you will NEVER sell this car. Everyone on here regrets selling their first car, including me. :D

Don

16. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Haha I dont plan on it! He never wanted to sell his 53 kustom he had when he was young !

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I joined ! Lots of good stuff there! I love flatheads:D she runs real good!

18. greasy53

greasy53

Good for you kid! I'm glad to hear you finally got one...It feels good when a dream becomes reality!

Best of luck!

:cool:

19. Torchie

Torchie

Bought my first car when I was 14 also. 1947 Chevrolet. Paid sixty bucks for it and we drove it home.
    Your first car is like your first girlfriend. You will never forget either one. Enjoy it!

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Impatiently waiting for pics!...:)

21. My first car was a '53 Mainline also when I was 16, of course that was in 1966. It had a rebuilt Flathead from Sears, '54 DeSoto grill and '56 Olds tailights, de-chromed hood and deck. The car only cost me $35 at the time and it ran like a champ. Good luck with yours and thumbs up to your Dad.

22. sobpunx

sobpunx

Congrats! Now lets see some pics.

23. Good for you young fella . You guys enjoy the build and keep us all posted . You are a lucky guy that you and your dad are on the same page with the old car thing . I hope there is more of you young guns out there to take over this great hobby we have . Subscribed .

24. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Cool, I wish I would have gotten something that together for my first car. Five years later, I'm still not driving my first car.

25. Congrats!! Cool your 14 years old and love those old heaps, there is a hope for the future!
    I’m waiting for some picks.

26. fireman 55

fireman 55

thats great man congrats

27. lets see some pictures man! my first car is in my profile picture.
    Im only 20 but in the past few years i have seen more and more 52-54 fords each year. kinda awesome

28. Jason is my nephew and he's been looking for a car like this for some time. Glad you got it home safe, but you should have drove it over to my house so I could check it out!

29. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I would have but ... Hahah

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  30. 4rod

4rod

hey congrats...yeap miss my '53...here's some pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bondojunkie likes this.