Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Garages By Peter Vincent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Easier to use film already shot rather than search out new stuff? The coffee table book my T was in has been rehashed at least once and put back into print.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, I think most of the photos in the book are fresh... and they are beautiful... But, they feature cars and places I have already seen before.

4. Ok, gotcha.

5. Looks like I neede to get it, I haven't been to any of those places:(

6. snelson57

snelson57

Sometime you just have to do it yourself to get it right, Ryan. The Hamb coffee table book? You might sell a few.......Plenty of talented guys on here to team up with.:rolleyes:

7. Labold

Labold

I think it is a cool idea to show different garages/shops. I prefer the "real guy" garages as opposed to seeing the huge multi-million dollar NASCAR ones.
    The book sounds interesting.

8. That sounds like a killer idea!!!

9. The problem with these books is that there aree too darn many! A guy could go broke trying to pick them all up!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We are lucky to be members of the HAMB and be exposed to many, many shops and garage that the average car person has not seen or visited. I do believe the regular Joe car dude has not seen many/most of the garages that are in the book and will be thrilled with it's contents. I'd put money on many guys out in the "outside world" not even knowing who the Tardel family is or the Rolling Bones crew.

11. V4

V4

I got it yesterday as well (not free though. . .)
    And agree 100%. The pics are great. Some I've already seen (thru the HAMB or wherever). It will be a good one to look thru in 10 years and see if or how things have changed.

12. alchemy

alchemy

How about HAMB Hot Rod Garages by Ryan Cochran? Start in Texas and feature Bass, the Dirtys, and Reggie's places.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Still sounds like a great book to have, even though we've seen some of this before. I don't know if I'll get it, money's tight and all, but I certainly appreciate the exposure to it and your honest write-up!

14. I live like an hour away from Peter. He is such a nice guy and does amazing work. He's having a book signing for this book soon I hope to attend. I have not seen it yet, but I know I will own it. I can't get enough books about hot rods. Even if there is only one photo in it that I like, it's worth it so I can flipit open for a look-see when I want to.

15. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As a photographer myself I looked at Peter's work several years go, and David Perry's etc. when I started doing Hot Rod related images. I admired it then as now. I know a lot of the cars and people that he photographs and it's always quality H.A.M.B. friendly work. I've had the pleasure of meeting him through the graciousness of Tom Branch and have talked to him about my work and his. We shared a mentor in the past and had a connection other than cars and photos. He is a very nice and talented as well as serious person. This book is just an extension of his whole body of work and shows examples ,I'm sure, of images that didn't fit in another venue. It also gives visual evidence and historical significance to those individuals that have built quality cars for a lifetime. They need to be honored and remembered and this is an excellent way to do that. Sometimes images take on a bigger role than just momentry pleasure and a book like this does it quite well. I enjoyed it so much I just sent him a print as a thank you for all his hard work. Kudos Peter!

16. coupemerc

coupemerc

My wife ordered this book for me as a surprize. It arrived yesterday from Amazon. It's already one of my favorites.

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I got mine yesterday. Really a good book with lots of fresh photos. Saved some money on Amazon.

18. My book should arrive any day ordered it through amazon, I have his other book, HOT ROD PHOTOGRAPY, got it on ebay for about $14. It is awesome, has great info and pics.

19. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

I think the book is great. Peter Vincent's work is beautiful and the garages featured are a GREAT place to start ... hopefully this will become a series and following volumes will dig deeper. The design and production are top-notch ... I'd recommend it. I'm glad I got it.

20. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Well I have to say that the pix that we get in the HAMB may not be of the highest quality, but they have the highest quality in content. would blow away some of the magazines and books, that only catch the pros. If you could go to the locations of some of the HAMB garages and take some hi tech pix of the finest home craftsmanship around.

21. I've spent countless hours in John Gunsaulis' garage which is featured in the book.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  22. If I'm not mistaken Peter's book signing is next weekend in Moscow, ID. I'm planning on attending it with some friends of mine from Spokane who are heading down for it.