Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>> Friday Art Show 08/10/12, Buckle Up! <<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALLISON

ALLISON

Thought Id dig up a few more Salty oldies.. Did this up years ago for Garage Magazine... My best ideas for cutting up a 49ish Chevy 4-door into an assalt on the salt!!!

[​IMG]

2. ALLISON

ALLISON

And finally from me and my old box of lost junk... the AsymetricA... Its not salty but was inspired after I looked at the Mickey Thompson display at the NHRA museum.. Pontiacs are my thing, The Attempt one with its "full nuts" Tempest 4 banger is awesome.. and the Pontiac 2-banger MT built is beyond awesome... So, seeing all of that and the Challenger resulted in me drawing up this.. and if it looks familure its because its the same illustration I posted last week, the same one I use for my main web site page, but before I did any digital work to it... Great stuff on here this week, art, photos, things in-between.. its all good, its all inspiring:)
    [​IMG]

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Man.. feeling Nostalgic..... going thru old art.. I remember Littleman.

A very good show this week guys.... very good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Who remembers the "Hamb Bomb?..... and where the hell did it ever end up?
    ha ha

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

6. New logo and last week's Canadian commission piece being shipped out

Attached Files:

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Weird Shit......

[​IMG]

And Kotten Kandy Kowboys.....

ha ha ha ha

[​IMG]

8. ALLISON

ALLISON

I love your old stuff Jeff, and from the looks of that Econoline, the older your cartoony stuff gets, the more it looks exactly like George Trosleys work... how can I tell??? because the older MY cartoony work gets, the more it looks like George Trosley art.. took years to get that Trosley look out of my wheels:)... Tros is one of my favorite car artists of all time... I guess Norwell is too though, because I love everything you do man.. call it "ball cupping" but I mean it, specially the awesome one you put together for thee Emperors... But in thinking about the "old stuff" and the HAMB, and your work, and mine.... I cant help but think back to this gem where all of it comes together as one:)... A rare thing don't ya think?:)

[​IMG]

9. I agree 10,0000 %

10. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

GREAT Show folks!!! Thank You!!!

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Was it Robert Rauchenberg who took the legal hit on this, using other folk's work in his "assemblages" and calling it his own? Gary

12. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

Enjoying this week's show. Here is a scratchboard rendering of salt.

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wonderful photos, the selective focus and color balance are just perfect. Gary

14. krayola

krayola

Amazing stuff here this Friday but this has me laughing at the irony and the good use of an excellent watermark idea.

Giant pencil!!!!

15. Gotta love these Salt themes. Great work guys!

16. Oldstrk

Oldstrk

Did a mini frig for a charity car show we help with next month.

Attached Files:

17. Mr Neon

Mr Neon

Here is a sign I made the glass for recently!

Attached Files:

18. REALLY AWESOME ART SHOW!
    Allison, is this what you're talking about?
    [​IMG]
    FYI, Mickey sold full blower kits for the Tempest 4 to the public back in the early 60's. How cool was that?

19. ALLISON

ALLISON

Yes, thats it:).. I remember bidding on one of the intakes on EBAY a few years back.. I have no idea how many of those he actually made but it couldn't have been many?? super cool stuff... the 2-banger he made is even cooler

20. Great!!Great!! Show this week!!

21. neon charly

neon charly

nice job mr. neon!

22. It is sitting in the corner, patiently waiting its turn.:eek:
    If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right.

23. In the line of super cool stuff, your "Cometron" custom digger sketch from last week, just blew my mind...maybe draw that blown lil' ponty 4 in it instead;):D

24. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

I don't know if everyone will think this is art, but these are trophies my son designed for my hometown car show. The center plaque was made by H.A.M.B. Alliance company O'Brien Truckers, the South Dakota state cutout was cnc'd by a local cabinet company, and the stars signifying where Canton, SD is located are from Hobby Lobby.

Everyone that won them seemed to enjoy how different they were compared to the six foot tall trophies most shows give away.

If the car club (Lincoln County Cruisers) that puts the show on every year wants to change them up next year, they can have O'Brien Truckers make them in a different color. This year they were Chevrolet Hugger Orange.

I think they are cool as hell...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Buzznut

Buzznut

Those are way cool! Are those screenprinted or tamp-pad stamped? Just curious your medium for transferring the images so cleanly...

26. I was thinkin', remember Odd Rod Stickers? I'm fantasizing my own bubble gum/sticker wrapper. [​IMG]

27. No salt here, only the finest in automobile storage. Laser cut sign based off a 'controlled storage for your garments' neon sign at a local dry cleaners in Evanston, Ill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is for sale. PM me if interested.
    Joe

28. Bubble gum cards- this week's special- excellent salt flavour . Pretty scary BeeBing.

Thanks Kustom Linez. Howdy Jigger. PM soon.

29. Jeff, Bo, other Jeff... greta stuff guys!
    Ruben, Bernie, amazing, stunning...etc.
    Robschwager, lovin' your work, the kid building the scooter shots are priceless.
    Jen, more great work, last week's were off the hook!

I guess I'll post a couple more, my avatar and some sketchy subjects on the dry lakes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a cool down on the beach...

[​IMG]

30. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.