Register now to get rid of these ads!

fyi 46 year old gas still burns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andrew Williams, Aug 26, 2008.

1. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

note to self never throw gas in a fire especially 46 year old gas

2. This makes me remember one thing.

When you are bringing your old funky gas tank to the radiator shop, or wherever, to get boiled out and sealed, do not walk into the place with it. Just leave it outside and let them do it.

Nothing freaks out rad shop guys like a dude carrying a bomb into the shop.

3. JEPPA

JEPPA

Fyi, a 46 year old light bulb still works!
    This doesn't make it a "bright idea"!

[​IMG]

4. Rooster

Rooster

This is friggin hilarious!

But I'm with ya on old gas being the most unbearable stench. Think that decomposed stabilizer makes it worst!

You burn old tires to save the $2 too, right?

5. Okay, I just cleaned the spewed drink off of my monitor!

Sorry, man but Forrest Gump had the perfect saying for times like these-

"Momma always said, 'Stupi...

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I dont understand why everyone thinks this is so ridiculous. Fricken city folk...

To get it straight, are you suggesting that he should have brought the tank and its contents to some sorta safe disposing place? Sounds like alot of pissing around. And if this tank is so completely dangerous, why is it so safe to haul it around?

He threw it in a fire. Done deal. You could call him stupid if he threw it in the fire and stuck his face into the tank/fire too to see if it ignited, but he didnt.

7. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Props to the guy that started this thread. This is hilarious!

I'm just glad the guy didn't get hurt. I'm jealous I don't live somewhere that I can spark up a fire in the backyard and burn shit all night!

I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff. I'll bet most people on here that did an oil change prior to late 80s/early 90s dumped a quart or two in the ground.

8. roddinron

roddinron

When I was around 14 my best friends dad was junking a bunch of old cars. He had cut them up and had a fire going to burn anything that would burn. My friend picked up a gas tank that still had a little gas in it and went over to the fire and tried to pour the gas onto the fire. The resultant explosion blew him about twenty feet where he came to rest with the gas tank (swollen like a giant marshmallow) still on top of him, and all the gravel and dirt cleared away from the spot where he was standing. He wasn't really hurt though, just shook up, he sure was a lucky kid, just not real bright sometimes.

9. roddinron

roddinron

OK, one more story. My brother in law was once trying to get gravel out of a gas tank, so he took his mothers old electrolux and tried to suck them out. My father in law walked in the garage and started screaming, seems the fumes were igniting in the vacuum and shooting out the other end and were starting to set the wall on fire!!

10. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

..you know I never did understand how they made that out-house blow up like that.

Whatever happened to those shows like CHIPS were every fender-bender resulted in an explosion....or when the A-team shot at a bread truck and it went up like Hiroshima...you know, I miss that NON-Reality T.V.

11. That's funny, don't care what anyone says. reminds me of the time my brother in law bought a new trailer house. ( there's the hint there)anyway, he dident know what do do with the old one. so he dug a 16 foot by 80 foot hole 20 foot deep in his yard, and buryied the fuckin' thing right there. guess theres some things ya can get away with livin' up in the woods

12. that bright fellow will wake up one day and walk out of his trailer and find that his truck has disappeared , and that he now has a roughly "truck" sized hole in his yard.

13. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

Lmaorotf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Oh reading this was hilarious. Great way to end my night and go to bed.

15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

hey,:D a little explosion is good sometimes when I was a kid I used to throw spray paint cans and hairspray cans in a fire to see the explosion.just duck behind a tree first. I just didn't think gas that old would have any kick left. I wouldn't have tried it with 10 year old gas.

16. 61TBird

61TBird

Here's the choices for his new nickname...

1.Beavis
    [​IMG]

2.Ralphie
    [​IMG]

Please cast your vote carefully!

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Reminds me of the discovery that Testor's plastic model cement was right on the line between "highly flammable" and "Propellant"...long ago...couldn't afford enough to generate serious danger...

18. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

I thought it would get some laughs this is funny shit. out in the country if it is flammable it gets burned. old gas, kerosene, paint thinner good for burning brush. oil and atf is not too good unless the fire is already hot enough. havn't burned a tire in a while but i'm not against it.
    seriously, I take oil and atf to the recycle center but the redneck in me wanted to light that tank. never seen it done I guess it had enough holes in it it didn't blow all to shit, I lived, life is still good.

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Is there any hotrodder who DOESN'T enjoy a good explosion or conflagration, as long as it doesn't involve his actual hotrod??
    If I could get C4 at Walmart, I wouldn't need a garbage can...

20. RTrimmer

RTrimmer

Andrew...

I regret to inform you the board has denied your request for parole at this time.

21. HHAHAHahhhahahaaaaaa.....