Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotter Spark, Better Sounds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. That does sound nice...

3. slim53

slim53

Do you ever sleep? Your coupe sounds good though.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, about to go do that right now. :)

5. woodbox

woodbox

Ryan,

I just got home from work to find my T shirt in the mail and couldn't get it on quick enough.......its the bomb man! better than ever.

The coupe sounds great......where do find time to sleep with that in your garage? The interior looks shit hot also, nice work.

Loved the video clip but was dissapointed there was no cameo from 'GTO' or even 'The girl'! Ha!

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

Glad you got everything figured out. Wow does that coupe look good flying down the road and it sounds awesome.

7. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

I think I urinated slightly when I watched that. It might have been sex wee.

8. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

nothing quite like a dizzy machine to sort out issues like that. I think i'm going to run an MSD box on my mallory yc-365hp so that the points are only a trigger without all the voltage and amperage going through them.

glad you have it sorted out!

9. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

The car sounds really good, just the way a hot flattie is supposed to! Damn!

Liked the Merle at the end, "just keep on workin'..."

What cam have you got in it? It sounds like an old Isky "miler" like you would run at The Texas Mile or Maxton?

10. Flatman

Flatman

I put one of Jim's dizzys in my 8BA, drop in and go:D
    They do great work at Bubba's!

Flatman

11. What a tease that video is!! I kept waiting to hear it sing WOT with some gear changes. Come on man!!! Those little blips sounded great though. Especially the idling shot from behind accross the road.

Glad you got your problem worked out. I am sure that feels great.

12. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Yeah Bubba and the crew are good guys. He has helped and is continuing to help me with the tuning issues I have had. I stopped by yesterday and he was in the middle of building a box full of the chevy to Flatty distributor conversions. Lots of neat stuff going on there.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Old Bubba knows his distributors.
    We are so lucky to have expertise in so many areas right here on the Hamb.
    I just installed one of Jim's 60's style Gm Converted distributers in my 8ba and that thing is the tits. I may just do as Bruce has always suggested and give the old Ford 8ba distributor the Naval Flotation test.
    Sure beats the cost of any electronic setup too. Glad to hear the Model A is burring along. Consider a slight carb fuel/air adjustment since it's now firing so well. PJ

14. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Wow how cool is all of that. I love my dizzy machine, I need to spend more time playing with it. The video is top notch I love the sound of a flatty.

15. That idle is just "Dead Sexy!"
    Glad to here you got it sorted out.

16. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I can't wait to hear the 250 Chevy that Jim built. True hot rodder right there man.

- Joe

17. Nice write up Ryan. No doubt about two things. I'm biased (cause it's my pop :D ) and he flat out knows his stuff. It's his knowledge base that keeps our cars as well as others on the road with thousands upon thousands of problem free miles year after year. :cool:

Insert cheap plug here... he also did a nice write up on ignition in the latest issue of Hometown Hot Rods. :D

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Miller did a great job on that one. His skills are really coming along!

19. Nice work. Once again I'm glad to see good reults in the world of hot-rodding. I see that Jim at Bubba's knows that the distributor machine is for more than just setting the dwell. He's a pro in my book Nice Work>>>>.

20. seatex

seatex

Nuthin' like the sound of a Hot A-Bone cruizin' down a hill country road............... congrat's, what a sweet car.........GOD BLESS TEXAS!

21. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

More please! I'm going to have to go listen to Jimmy White's Hemi have a cigarette and cool off. [​IMG]

22. rustybucket

rustybucket

Ryan your car sounds killer!

What are you running in the cam department? And are those open pipes?

-Chris

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've got one of Bubbas converted Chevy dizzys in my deuce roadster, seems to work really good and wasn't very expensive. I know in this electronic world points are supposed to be obsolete but they sure work sweet!

24. Added to the issue of the fubar'ed dist tabs on the Rocky33 I bet some of the issues could have been solved by Jim........broken rotors, burnt points,timing that wouldn't stay etc...........wish I knew about him back then!

25. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

HaHa, best of luck. That cam grind is locked deep in the Tardel/ Cochran vaults. :)

26. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Great audio on the video but I would like to hear the idle of the car from the back longer, maybe about 5 minutes worth or so that way I can just keep my headphones on at work.

27. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Note for those without distributor machines...my do it yourself crab tester would handle the analytical issues of this distributor: Lack of decent correlation between gap and dwell on individual point units would disclose Chinese point syndrome, lack of proper total dwell if individual points work right would show the damaged point plate.
    The engine itself with a timing light can handle many of the duties of a distributor machine in checking out curve, once you know what to look for...
    But nothing will save us if it's true that Echlin and Standard are moving to Chinese points...

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It a true Hot Rod. The sound of that things gave me chills and the look of it flushes all the pigment from my flesh. Then the film actually almost made me piss myself laughing when the credits started to roll. It's the way I like to start my mornings to say the least.

29. GRADY

GRADY

Ryan
    As a enthusiast in the great cold white north, the sound of your car made my hair stand on end and remind me that summer is not that far off...sounds great and looks even better:)
    thanks for sharing
    Grady

30. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

Sounds great Ryan!! Love the coupe!!