Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Quiet Kustom: 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 22, 2011.

1. I prefer the 63 with the Wide 8 Mag wheels and an Awesome rear taillight panel.

Exactly like the one I'm selling for my Nephews Father... and if I had the coin... I'd buy that car!

Attached Files:

2. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

That's a good idea! Would look a bit like the 63 Cat and Bon...

3. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

I tried with my limited computer skills... ;)

Anybody here who can do the job?

[​IMG]

Here's the back of a guy's bucket seated station here in Germany. I'm afraid those lights have a more straight position than the coupe's ?
    The rear door chrome could be used on the coupe too.

[​IMG]

4. rb25

rb25

i wouldnt know anybody over here who could do this. people qualifiy as a tin master when they can hold a beercan straight.

5. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

This is my '66 (maybe not a hamb friendly car, forgive me for this)
    I own a catalina for 10 years now and she never let me down, not even after a hard winter without disconnecting the battery cable.
    The planning is to spray the body in the same color with a suede finish, a white metalflake roof and put her on the ground with some astro's and bellflower tips!!
    Right now i found a '60 thunderbird (always one of my favorite cars) and i'm in doubt to sell her...( my hard will bleed, but i can't keep them all)

Attached Files:

• item.jpg
      item.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

I mean to photoshop it, u beer keg welder ;)

7. My friend has a Gran Prix Super Light SD with the aluminum panels and bumpers... I'll see if I can find the photo's.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  8. What was pretty cool is the photo of my 1959 Abarth Zagato with the aluminum body next to his car and it looked like my car could've been garaged inside that GP!:eek::D

9. Nice!

This is a thread about the '62 Grand Prix and only 1 '62 GP is pictured. All other pictures are O.T. and don't compare.

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Beeeyootiful car. Too bad they never built a '62 GP bubbletop (I know, one or two phantoms have been built).

11. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

X200!!!

There was a black 62 Bonneville with the buckets and console on ebay a few weeks ago but I couldn't bring myself to bid on an out of state car.

I also had a white 64 with the buckets about twenty years ago, I just didn't appreciate it at the time. Just another one I should have kept. What a fool!

12. Hardly about the year as much as the cars design especially since it came out before the Riviera's... and yes they "DO Compare"!

So here's a picture of a 62 SD until I can find my own personal photo's of Dan's 62 SD!

1962 Pontiac Grand Prix 421 Super Duty

The rarest Super Duty one of 16 1962 Grand Prixs built

[​IMG]
    Additional photos from this story: Click image to view larger

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

13. They really were factory Customs with performance!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KP20edLPuFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

15. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

The 61 is beautiful...but I also like the OT Impala!

16. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

Thanks. That's my 68 Lowrider.

17. And their ads of the early 60's were some of the best:

"You will never look back, in your Wide Track, Pontiac".

"Hands off the grab-bar, Charlie, you're tearing out the dash!!"

My how times have changed.......

18. I have nearly 40 years with Pontiacs and I've never heard these.

I like it.... Thanks 4 da post!

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

You did a SUPER job on that car ! Lou's driven it to Salina 2 years in a row !
    Good seeing you this year too !

BTW: My Cousin and her husband owned one to the first '62 GP's in St. Louis. White/Red Int. Brought it over as soon as they got it so they could give me a ride...loved it ! Still do.

Jonnie

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  20. Love the '63's.

21. teddyp

teddyp

that is one of many nice pontiac,s that lou has clean lines great car

22. teddyp

teddyp

here,s bob baroff 62 gp 389 tri power 4 speed car with a mild chop the frist picture was when he was building it

Attached Files:

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Anymore pics of this beauty ??

24. Beautiful cars....A buddy in high school had a 62 G.P. that was black with black interior, 8 lugs and a factory 389, tri-power/4 speed. Man, nothin was any prettier!
    Closest I got was a 61 catalina.....base 389, 2 barrel, single exhaust/automatic. Originally came with 5 lugs and hubcaps. My buddy, Dar still has it.

Attached Files:

25. Cantstop

Cantstop

my old man always had Pontiacs growing up, maybe it was growing up in Pontiac. My poncho power love was sealed when I was 14 or 15. A bunch of my dads buddies caravaned to a show, and some kid in a new 88 or 89 5.0 cut a couple of the guys off causing them to almost lose it.He saw what he almost did and took off. My father had a 63 Catilina 2door post, seafoam blue with a white top...389 2-barrel three on the tree and it walked that Mustang down like it was nothing. That's why I've got a softspot for those early sixties pontiacs.

26. teddyp

teddyp

ok here,s afew of bob,s one of lou,s a the red one from sled scene east a couple years ago i wish i had a picture of bob,s next to another one so you could see the mild chop he did it,s only 2" i could post more pictures when he was buiding it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  27. koolkemp

koolkemp

If you have some build pics of it that would be awesome!!

28. teddyp

teddyp

this is a east coast car so when it was stripped we found alot more rust then it look like and when bob builds a car he does it from the ground up replaceing inner and panels that you see and the ones you don,t and there were replacement panels sold so he hunted for good ones all over i.ll post some of the other cars the he built

Attached Files:

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor