Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

2. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

At the launch of a Liberty ship (again built on Ford production line principles):

[​IMG]

"Oregon Governor Charles Sprague, Henry Kaiser, and FDR attending the launch of the first Liberty ship built in just 10 days."

http://ti.org/antiplanner/?p=550

[​IMG]

3. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

4. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

5. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

6. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

7. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

8. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

9. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

10. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

11. My mistake, I forgot about the "Drag Cars in Motion" thread. Hell, if I was subscribed to both of them I'd never get away from the computer! It's hard enough to keep up with this one! My point is this is one of the biggest and the best and its only been around since last December!

12. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. If I was the only one who has noted your complete lack of intelligent thought and manners on this board you might have a point, but I am just one of the many others that are tired of the hot gas you expel here.:p Or did you miss their comments? Comprehension problem I guess.......:confused: I doubt if you would have known about the other two larger threads if it hadn't just been posted a few posts ago. My point was that this is one of the biggest and best threads on the HAMB and its only been going since last December. The other two threads are at least two years older. And what does being from South Dakota have to do with anything? I still think highly of my many friends in California in spite of your presence there. Why don't you actually post some pics instead of running your mouth like I suggested? If you didn't like the pics of the poor little orphans, just pass them by and post something you like or better yet, why don't you see if you can post more pics than I do?

And YOUR definition of SICK might be answered if you just take a long hard look in a mirror. I think you'll find the answer there.

Rather than keep pointing out the obvious to you, I'm just going to post some pics!

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From My Pictures</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From My Pictures</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From My Pictures</td></tr></table

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hey, vintagehotrods!! Your above post, #11283, is right on the money. All that you have posted is understood and appreciated by many, many HAMBers. Where do you find all these Ford dealership photos?

15. scotts52

scotts52

I noticed a 52/53 Merc in this shot by vintagehotrods. Where are they all at. I don't ever see too many pics of them. Are they an unpopular car?

16. Some time ago a friend emailed them to me and I thought they were neat so I saved them!

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. Here's a cool old Ford dealer solicitation to a Model T owner to bring the old T in for some dealer service work...............
    And one of Harry and Bess Truman on a road trip.............
    Here's some war bond posters from World War II...............
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From My Pictures</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/vintagehotrods/MyPictures?f<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From My Pictures</td></tr></tableeat=embedwebsite">My Pictures</a></td></tr></table>

Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  19. And the last few...............

Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  20. lewislynn

lewislynn

The famous Wally Byam Caravan club?

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

Get a room.
    No comments are allowed unless you've posted pictures...Not my rules.

22. Chuck R

Chuck R

vintagehotrods,
    Awesome war posters. Many very sad ones. The Sullivan Brothers was a tragic story.

The Sullivan brothers were five siblings who were all killed in action during or shortly after the sinking of the light cruiser USS Juneau (CL-52), the vessel in which they all served, on November 13, 1942 in World War II.
    The Sullivans, natives of Waterloo, Iowa, were the sons of Tom and Alleta Sullivan.
    They were:

George Thomas Sullivan, 27 (born December 14, 1914), Gunner's Mate Second Class (George had been previously discharged in May 1941 as Gunner's Mate Third Class.)

Francis "Frank" Henry Sullivan, 26 (born February 18, 1916), Coxswain (Frank had been previously discharged in May 1941 as Seaman First Class.)

Joseph "Joe" Eugene Sullivan, 24 (born August 28, 1918), Seaman Second Class

Albert "Al" Leo Sullivan, 20 (born July 8, 1922), Seaman Second Class

Madison "Matt" Abel Sullivan, 23 (born November 8, 1919), Seaman Second Class

We should never forget what the heros of world war II did for us, our country and the world.
    chuck

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It pays to read the sign, I was thinking those Canadians have very Aussy looking cars!:rolleyes:

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AH man I love these old posters, the first one with aircraft must be VERY early WWII for the US it has the P-36 Seversky that was a trainer by the time hostility's began after Pearl.

I sort of (Forgive me) had a quick giggle at the paratrooper one above as we all dreamed of landings that gentle, then I read it and felt like an absolute dog.

A for the Sullivan Bros. a hard lesson in allowing family to serve aboard a single combat vessel, never again to this day is that allowed even in our Navy (Aust.)

Its been one of those days full of memories for me, I picked up a book on Paratroopers at the local library and lo-and-behold as I opened it up I was looking back at myself!! It was made while I was at the Army Parachute School, there were about 7 pages all filled with my mates and Unit seniors as well as story's of incidents that happened while I was there! MEMORY LANE!:eek:

A hard day at work, damn I miss it.
    [​IMG]
    (This is a pic from the web, I would be in deep shit if I posted one of ours!)

Doc.

25. I go to the 60s & 70s Modifieds and this thread. Can't get enough of either. There are certain photos I don't care for but, others do. So, I just shut my mouth. I think the thread is great, am here every morning between 2-4 am or so.

I just wish it were easier to post photos. It's a pain to transfer them over to PB. I wish we could just pull them from our files.

26. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

Most of the photos with the Holdens have been posted:

[​IMG]

27. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

28. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

29. MrFire