Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airco welding stuff, are they still in business?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugman, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Bugman

Bugman

My shop at school is outfitted Airco welding equipment, and supplies. I need to get more consumables, like Tig torch parts. I haven't been able to find and contact info for Airco to get replacment parts. Are they even still in business? Thanks.

-Jeff Tanko

2. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

We have a couple Airco welders. They were bought by someone, then they were bought by miller.

We haven't had to buy parts for the wire feed in a long time. But we had to replace the pedal for our tig....Man!! not cheap, hard to find, and took forever to get.

Hope this helps.

3. sawzall

sawzall

tanko

the above post is correct. I was gonna buy a used airco a couple years ago, before I did I checked with my buddy at teh local welding supply co and he said the same thing... tough to get some stuff. and a lot more expensive.. make friends with your principal..

good luck

sawzall

4. river1

river1

ask about airco parts on hobart message board hobart and miller are owned by the same company and that board has miller and hobart service people on it and if they can help they will.

later jim

5. Rooster

Rooster

Hmmm... Interesting, I've got Airco regulators on my torches and I took them to my local welding supplies Co. 3yrs ago when I knocked the ck. valve off one, and figured to have em both looked at when I needed the shavings cleaned out from the one I'd just taken the brass threads of the ck. valve out of. They handle Miller and Lincoln. They had rebuild kits right there in their shop and had em done and back in my hands in under 20 minutes, saying they were some of the best regulators ever made. That was their first rebuild since being new in 71 and he said they were fully functional at the point of rebuild needed because of my own actions. I'd imagine that even if it HAD been a few extra dollars, which it wasn't, to get em fixed that it would have been worth the price to Know I have Quality Equipment.

6. CONCOA

CONCOA

Airco is till very much alive as the CONCOA brand (www.concoa.com). Although Airco divided its product lines amongst other manufacturers, CONCOA retained most of the products and has many of the replacement parts and services Airco had. If you wish to find out a local CONCOA distributor near you, call us at 1.800.225.0473 and we will place you in contact with them.

7. CONCOA

CONCOA

Sawzall, As I mentioned to Tanko, you may want to find out who your local CONCOA distributor is in your local area. For many products relating to oxy-acetylene weldiing such as torches, hoses,tips, etc. you may find much of that with our distributors. CONCOA acquired Airco products (a majority of them) over 20 years ago but with exception of the name, the prouduct is still the same.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  8. CONCOA

CONCOA

Rooster, glad to know you were able to get your Airco regulator fixed quickly. If you ever need to replace your regulator(s) with quality equipment like you prefer, along with Airco-based technology, consider CONCOA equipment for their durability and quality. www.concoa.com.

9. Ummm, this thread is 7 years old.......................

10. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Airco!! Great made products. I bought a set of torches new in 1968. Still using them today. Never had a regulator rebuild and still using the original 25 ft dual hose less a couple of inches when I had to get rid of a short bad area just down from the torch from normal bending in this area. You just need to hook up with the right welding supply for Airco parts.Take old parts in hand . Alot of brands are interchangable.

11. Look at his ID, it is well hidden spam. Ok, not so well hidden.

12. KiarraNicole

KiarraNicole
    from Georgia

I have a complete set of airco welding equipment, it is a commercial welder, and has all the rods tanks gauges (4 brand new) helmets eye goggles and tons of welding rods and I mean of all sizes too. They were my dads, he gave them to me for my husband to use and now he passed away. Everything is in excellent working condition, My husbnd only worked on small stuff, so the amount of stuff we have here would last us maybe 2 lifetimes, if interested, feel free to give me a call @ 706-886-0904 or 706-491-2417

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

SO WHAT!!! If it puts us in touch with a source for parts for some of our equipment. Who died and left you in charge of policing?:mad:

Frank

14. RustyIron81

RustyIron81

I am so grateful that this info is here! W'eve been welding for years in our shop with an Airco Dip-Stick 160, I've been trying to find parts info for some time now.

15. sbin

sbin

Another bump for an old thread.The ancient regulators on my oxy/acetyline gauges are broken and the cutting torch just failed.Was getting ready to take everything in for a much needed rebuild $$$$ and found a set of Airco dual regulators with good hose and a little used airco cutting torch for $50 on craigslist.My old stuff is good quality but being able to upgrade for a fraction of rebuild cost is a good thing.

16. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

I have an old Airco 9803 torch that has not been used in years. Is there anything I need to do before testing it?

What is best to clean it up?

Great thread!

Thanks,
    Larry

[​IMG]

17. ironrodder

ironrodder

I also have a Airco Dipstick with Tig and spot weld panel I bougt new in 1970. Still does a fine job. The same for a Airco combination torch that's older than the dipstick. Though I use a Meco Midget for welding the last 10 years or so the Cutting torch still gets used a lot. I could say the same for Victor...good stuff. I'm too cheap to by new till the old stuff is beyond fix'n

18. coreybrenner

coreybrenner

Awesome. I should have my old Airco dual-stage regulators in my hands again today for the first time in several years (in storage in the midwest, until TODAY.) I'm glad to know there's an outfit out there still making parts to rebuild them.

19. lawman

lawman

Try"WeldmartOnline" in Cleveland,Tx 1-800-460-6475.
    They helped me out last year with my Airco "Dipstick 160".
    Very nice people to deal with.

Attached Files:

20. lawman

lawman

Sorry the # should have been 1-800-460-6474