Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage find, 37 Ford low miles, odd color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtnrkix, Aug 5, 2009.

1. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

My neighbor has had this car for 30 years. He's the 3rd owner, less than 30,000 miles. His health isn't the best so he called me looking for a buyer. He had the engine rebuilt by a local legend and repainted sometime in the 80's. The color is one of the Springtime or Easter colors, Turquoise Blue. I'm not sure if I love or hate the color. Original interior. Two of us went over today to see it. We volunteered to get it out and running/driving. He'd rather sell it as is. It's going to need a battery, new gas and maybe new tires or tubes. Engine is free. I'll probably make an offer tomorrow. We'll see how that goes![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. looks like a cool car, hope you can get it, just clean it up and drive it. my 36 ford sat for a long time , the more i drive it the better it runs:)

3. While the color sure don't look period correct on an old Ford the car itself does look like a nice solid piece. Just be glad the 80's ended before he got around to putting in the the tweed interior. LOL

4. That is a good lookin 37 tell the owner I said so.

5. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Hank37, Thanks, I will.
    It actually is a factory color, I've never seen one before.

6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

cool....doesnt look like it would take too too much to make it a driver again.

7. The interior shot really brings back memories of the 37 coupe I bought in 56, owner had been drafted and left for the Navy, paid $100.00 for it with a brand new Monkey Wards 100 horse flathead in it. They had to have $100.00 for it cause thats what the new engine cost them. Interior was perfect, even nicer than this one. Love those 37 coupes, wish I still had it, it was a real pretty metalic maroon that was about 2 years old. Traded it in 58, straight across for the 34 I still have.Dave

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I have always considered the '37 Flatback to be the
    Victoria of that year. That's a pretty rare car.

9. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

'37 Fords are rad. You should totally get it.

Good luck in advance.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That is a factory color. Look at a color chart for a mid 50's Ford pickup. John Olay, a local Flint,Mi. builder did a '37 flatback a few years ago and painted it that exact color. With the correct wheels, stance, and out in the sunshine it was a knockout.

Frank

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  11. The Arcade toy company offered a '37 Ford Tudor slantback toy that year. It was a rare toy in the standard green color. VERY, VERY, VERY rare versions were done in "Easter colors".

A good one would bring 1/3 what this one is going to cost you.

Nice find.

JH

12. nice car to start with, a lot of potential there.

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Color is a factory Ford one, Turquoise Blue #1761 in the Ditzler book.
    An unusual choice and so a very fresh one.

This car is a repaint though as the grille would have been black on a Standard and Chrome-plated on a DeLuxe. The Standard would have a body-color windshield frame as this one, the DeLuxe a chrome-plated one.
    The hubcaps AND wheels were black on Standards and DeLuxes unless optional match to body color was chosen...note the wheels on this car are cream-colored, the hubcaps turquoise blue.
    Standard had one black wiper arm and blade, DeLuxe two chrome-plated wiper arms and blades.
    Standard had only the LH rear taillamp whereas DeLuxe had both LH and RH taillamps.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

15. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Congrats, very nice score..........................