Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Revolution: LAST MINUTE DATE CHANGE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2008.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, tough call as I was looking forward to both shows. I have been to Billetproof for past couple of years and always had a great time and looking forward to this year too. Never been to the Rev show yet, but was really hoping to make it this year. Hmm, what to do, what to do.....? Just a little too far apart to realistically try to hit up both in the same day.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry Kirk. I'd be a little miffed too if I were in your shoes. I think you would feel a little better if you had ever been to one of the Revolutions, but still... I can understand. I'm bummed to.

Still, I'm gonna have a damn good time that weekend.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Seriously, I'm not miffed. I'm just bummed. I really want to be able to go to both shows as do others.

I'll give you a buzz later.

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was the best weekend ever, definitely there is a need for these 2 events to be scheduled the same time. Probably the best gathering of hot rods around, coupled with driving some of the most perfect roads. I have my vehicle id card from the first revolution framed on my wall at home along with the flier from the reliability run that year. Everything has gone down hill since then. sorry.

HINT...HINT...Events Coordinators...Coordinate! :cool:

ps, the roach coach from the last Lucky Bastards show was really good.

5. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

wow. this is laaaame. I had planned on taking the 41 there all finished...took it last year and got the best "in progress" award with it. Man. Bummmeeerrrrrrr. Already have billetproof plans.

Subliminal message:

*sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    *sunday*
    Please???

6. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

One more vote for sunday, for what it's worth, that would make for a great weekend.

7. brewsir

brewsir

damn...another year I don't go to the revolution...gotta work BP. I went the first year and really enjoyed the show. Sunday would really work and your show would be huger with more friends showing up. Oh well maybe I'll see ya next year Ryan!

8. tommy v

tommy v

ol well, i got a 49 guess i can't go to the revolution anyways ,see u all at billetproof

9. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

Damn, there is 365 days in a year what are the odds there the same day!! that sucks

10. av829

av829

Ryan,

Vern and Keith filled me in on the conundrum you all face. That's tough, but I don't think it effects the regular Revolution attendants. We're too old to go to Billetproof and wade through all those damn people. The Revolution is more our speed and I think you know how much we appreciate the work you, Kieth, and those two girls do.

What's this I hear about the Cobb roadster showing up? And maybe even a few more cars we used to play with when we were kids?

I'm excited!

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

So is this like an invitation only deal? Or pre-registration to approve what type of cars show up?

The Revolution is the one show I'd consider traveling hundreds of miles to attend in my hotrod, as I believe in what it represents.......even though that's a loooong drive for a tall guy in a channelled A pickup...haha...

I usually decide to go to a show at the last minute.....so what kind of accommodations are there near by? A rest stop to throw down a sleeping bag would be fine.:D

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's not invitation only... Check out the site for lodging.

While as bummed as anyone about the date, we are excited too... I miss my oak tree. And I heard there were a few old b-ville cars coming this year - that will be cool to see.

13. rodster

rodster
    Member Emeritus

Hey Ryan,
    Would the Cochrans and Tardels mind if we brought the Cobbs Roadster round by the show. Other than our showing it off a bit up here at the shop, it has not been seen out since 1952. So it will be a debut of sorts. Some time during the day we can gather a little crowd round and fire up that "pissed off flathead!" that Coby told you about. Long as the neighbors don't mind a little wiff of burnt methanol that is? If everyone listens closely they might even catch an echo from Goleta Airport on that legendary cool Spring morning in 1949.

Let me know, and I'll make sure it gets there on time.
    Ralph

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

oh man, I would love to see that one up close.

15. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Billetproof Saturday, Revolution Sunday, would have been perfect. Both on saturday, that's fucked.
    Just like last year or two years ago (can't remember), when the Revolution fell on the same weekend as the Primer Nationals.