Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help!! brake line adapter needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mkrog1, Jul 15, 2011.

1. mkrog1

mkrog1
    from Austin Mn

I need a brake line adapter to install my brake light switch.The switch is the old style that is installed in the master cylinder and I need a adapter to go from pipe thread to flair fitting,female 1/8in npt to male 3/8 flair.I have looked every place I can think of but no luck.
    I would like to put the switch in the proportional valve but if any body has any other ideas I'm open to any thing that will work and look clean

2. Speedway has a switch that is male 3/8" flare,
    Item #:91031303. I'm sure other vendors sell it also.

3. F&J

F&J

What the heck kind of brake light switch needs that? Or are you remote mounting the switch with tubing?

I have some NOS fittings from my Dads shop in the 1950s, But I think they would be male 1/8 to male flare

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

pipe plug and a $10 lever switch, you'd be driving already. the port in the proportioning valve isn't for a brake light switch, is it? I thought that was for the warning light?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

6. Fenders

Fenders

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Won't work in the proportioning valve. I have my switch in a brass block that I think I got at NAPA. It has 3/16 fitting thread on each end and 1/8 pipe thread on top for the switch. If nothing else get a block that has three or four 1/8 pipe thread in it and add the flare fittings you need.

8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Try a trailer dealer. They used to have fittings to connect brake controls to the master cylinder.

9. 62rebel

62rebel

truthfully, i'd never plumb in a switch into the brake lines unless it was the only way to go. it creates another potential fluid leak and line failure point. go with a mechanical switch.

10. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Like Rich said, Speedway has one with the flare.
    Did a dual reservoir master cylinder change over on my 63 'bird where the original switch is mounted to the master cylinder, and used the Speedway brake light switch. Used a "T" off the new master cylinder and hooked brake line to one side, switch on other side.