Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Muttley

Muttley

2. Muttley

Muttley

3. Falconred

Falconred

I am trying to help a friend and am looking for photos of a '65 Falcon named "King Tut". Any help would be appreciated. I understand the car was and is now owned by a fellow named Neal Ford. I will add further information as I receive it. Not sure what class it ran.

Thanks

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Not a ford guy so I haven't been through the whole thread,but I came across this one for you guys.

Attached Files:

5. fugitive2us

fugitive2us

Hubert did build me a Falcon. It was an old Holman Moody rally car. We think it ended up on the street in Ft Worth, Texas.
    tommy

6. derelict

derelict

I had to run C/FX just because of the wheels. Where do you find a '64 Sprint hardtop anymore?

[​IMG]

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Derelict;I know of a solid 64 Futura in So.Cal. if you are interested.The guy started on it and the project has stalled. PM me and I will give you the info if you are interested. ROY.

8. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

What is the difference between the sprint and futura ? Were the sprints only 4 speeds and had bucket seats? Are is there more to it?

9. fugitive2us

fugitive2us

There are several photos in these pages that I've never seen of my car. Who posted them I would like to get copies of a couple of them.
    tommy mcneely

10. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Ford switched from the Sprint name to the Futura name in the 65 model year. There was no "Sprint" in 1965.

Joe

11. Falconred

Falconred

Not trying to start an arguement but I there was a Spirint in '65. This is from the TFFN (The Ford Falcon News) forum and those guys are pretty up on Falcons:

The are 65 sprint 2806 hardtops and 300 convertibles. The 65 sprint was not as glamorous as the 63 and 64, Ford was marketing the mustang. The 65 sprint items were bucket seats and console in the convertible with the sprint badge on the front fenders/. On the hardtop it was bucket seats with OPTIONAL console and the fender badges. 65 did not have the tach and the chrome valve covers, air cleaner and chrome power steering resv cover like the previous two years. And in 65, tach was not on sprint. if you wanted a tach you put a sprint one in it or got a rotunda over the counter..

TONS of docs available and pictures oplenty too

12. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Hey Falconred,

Absolutely no arguments coming from me but you sure do raise my curiosity. I am looking at an original Ford 65 Falcon sales brochure and there is absolutely no mention of a Sprint model or Sprint option. It was my understanding from Sandi Notarianne, Historical Consultant of Ford Motor Company, that 1965 did not include the Sprint model designation.

I happen to own the Wild Child, one of only three factory built B/FX Falcons built in 65 so needless to say I have not only done a LOT of Falcon research but I am always looking to get more information on these cars. Sandi decoded my car's VIN as a 65 Futura

I have sent a note off to some of the Falcon Club of America old timers to see what info they can provide. As soon as I hear back I will post that info.

If you have some documentation, I would really like copies to add to my library on Falcons.

Regards,
    Joe

Attached Files:

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Muncie;A Sprint was a step up from a Futura.Sprints were V-8s,bucket seats standard,optional on Futuras.There were other items but that is some of the differences.I owned a 65 Sprint,289,C-4,power steering for a while until a drunk desided to park on top of it!! ROY.

14. Falconred

Falconred

I'll see what I can find. I have never owned a Sprint but have had several Futuras. I have seen a few that were susposed to be factory Sprints but have no proof personally but I will ask more on the TFFN group.

By the way, you have a real piece of history in the Wild Child, I am glad it has been preserved. I grew up around the area that the Strip Teaser came from and watched a lot of Falcons run back "in the day" as my kids call it. My first good car was a '65 Futura, red with black interior, 289/4 speed. I still have the body (tree fell on it) and bought another about two years ago that needs restoring.

15. Falconred

Falconred

The problem comes in that in '65 the Sprint was a package or option not a full body style designation as in '63 & '64.

I found my Falcon brochure: Sorry the scans arn't very good but my scanner is not a very good one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As a friend once told me, "You ain't wrong, your just not right".

Hope this helps.

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

How about some late night A/FX Falcon TV

Fast Eddie and his 65 Falcon at Kansas City International Raceway 9-19-10 at the Muscle Car and Nostalgic Nationals

[​IMG]

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool thanks for the explanation Roy.I was just wondering my 64 is a 2-door h/t futura that came with an inline 6.I know the tailights were different between the 64 & 65 years as well.The 65's had the cross in them and the 64's did not.
    Muncie

18. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Phil the Hammer and his 1964 A/FX Falcon At Kansas City International Raceway 9-19-10

[​IMG]

19. 1BADFE

1BADFE

Fast Eddie and Phil the Hammer, two of the nicest falcons around! Looking to join the Colorado Crew next year for some fun. Looking to put Big Stick on the trailer!

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;thanks for putting the videos up !!! How much was Eddie squeezing on his early passes ? Those two Falcons have to be the cleanest 64 and 65 around !!! Now if we can get your Father to "drive it like he stole it",we would see some serious times !!!! Seriously I enjoy the fact that he is out there enjoying his car !! Looks like you guys got in quite a few passes. ROY.

21. The Mile High Gang is looking good!!

22. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I need to stop putting myself on the trailer first.Cant wait to see your fairlane running.

Going to the super cruise in the wagon tommorrow night

23. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Bent my Cal trac springs also,I'll call tommorrow.

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Eddie was so close to that 10 sec. slip.He needs some new tires,Somebody has been doing some street racing and has them all worn out.Its nice to see him back on the track,its been a year since he raced last.All I know that after filming the last minute of his video he wasnt worth a damn after that.

I finally got the Hammer to do a fair burnout half way through the video.I told him if he didnt step it up I would put him in a Home.I think he just likes those Sunday drives.

25. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

this thread reminded me of a white, 65 Falcon Ranchro that was sitting for a long time and i finally got a chance to inquire about it. the homeowner did not own the car though and directed me to an insurance salesman who wanted $6K for it. well.... that was too much but the car was nice. it had a 289 with cobra valve covers, air cleaner, 4bbl and headers. i loved the car but had to pass. but i always wondered if any ford dealers actually built "cobra rancheros" or if this was just put together by a schmo.

26. 1BADFE

1BADFE

Pick up my car from paint prison tomorrow, hope it's right! My brother is starting his engine build for his 66 next week - 775HP on pump gas!

We'll be at the super cruise as well.

27. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

Bringing this one back...

28. hillbilly jim

hillbilly jim

Hows this

Attached Files:

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

What a awesome group of pictures and information...

30. SOHC427

SOHC427

Good to see this thread is still living.
    That will keep Fast Eddie happy, and I love to see the nice cars!
    Eric