Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Tom Mack Classics car show at Metrolina Expo Center in Charlotte this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrsaturn, Jan 5, 2010.

1. mrsaturn

mrsaturn

http://metrolinatradeshowexpo.com/shows-tommack.html
    http://www.tommackclassics.com/auction/index.html

I heard a radio ad for this show coming up this weekend, and I'm planning on attending. I'm new to NC, so I've never been to this show before. Is it worthwhile, or am I going to be running into a bunch of Concours type jerks that I won't want to deal with? I'm hoping to find a buyer for my '66 Chevy so that I can move on to another (earlier) project.

It looks like it is mostly an auction, but it may be a good time to snag a car - I feel like the Barrett Jackson show will be stealing most overpaying dweebs away from something like this.

Is anyone going to this? Any recommendations that I skip it? Pictures from past years?

2. custombuilt55-72

custombuilt55-72

Been to the show every year. Mostly because this time of year there is very little hotrod related activities in the area. Mostly a small local swap meet, Camero/Chevelle/Tri-Chev/Mustang new parts vendors and a small auction/car corral. Make sure you plan on Sat. as your day, Sunday is slim. Web site has discount coupon, $10. is alot to spend to attend. If your in the area and want to spend a few hours - it's fun. But, for your next project wait for the "Granddaddy-Spring Auto Fair" at Lowes Motor Speedway.

3. mrsaturn

mrsaturn

Excellent, that's good to know. I'm still going to try to sell off my car, but I don't have too high hopes. When it's a bit warmer, I'll try and find a self car wash, or just have the dang thing detailed. I'd imagine that'll help me sell it.