Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Time Lapse - On The Road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Watching it, I was beginging to wonder when he was going to hit rain, and if the top worked.

3. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Its cool cause the camera's point of view is fixed. Makes you feel like you are looking into someone's life.

4. klazurfer

klazurfer

That Movie has that " Euro-dude driving west-to-east" wibe to it ..
    Like Buy a convert & drive, ... Exsperience USA in Style ..:)

Looks like my dream-trip on "acid" :):eek:

klaz

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

4 minutes coast to coast , there was less traffic then I guess :)

6. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

What a coincidence, this very sunday I made a 4 hour trip in my '65 Chrysler 300 convertible with a friend of mine. Along the way I mentioned to him that there was a time-lapse video on YouTube of a guy driving across the US in a similar car. I would try to locate the clip and mail it to him, but low and behold, here it is on the JJ's portal... ;)

The car in the clip is a '65 or 6 Chrysler product. I don't recognize the doorpanels as of yet.

Here's a quick shot of my '65 300's interior...

[​IMG]

7. Pretty cool! Me and a buddy used to do stuff like that with an old 8mm and a timer that would click off one fps. Not quite the same quality bet hey we were only 16.

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

If I was him I would be afraid you'd be able to see all the times I was picking my nose. I guess the video goes too fast to catch that though.

9. 2002p51

2002p51

I'm amazed that several times he left the car parked outside overnight, with the top down, and the camera was still there in the morning!

10. 33Master_Eagle

33Master_Eagle

thats too funny

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

12. I gotta admit that was pretty cool ... too bad Dave Schaub (HAMBer Butcher Boy) didn't have a video camera rolling during his "49 in 9" deal (click HERE).

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

dig it man...

14. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

The "ESSO" advert caught my eye first, My dad had an Esso station when I was a kid. The vid was FAB. Cannonball ? ?
    FRITZ

15. 1929rats

1929rats

neato....driven accross country a few times now....took a lot longer than 4 minutes.
    last time was in a '66 442.

plan on taking my 70 chevelle (my first car bought at age 15, and just restored -frame off over the last 2 years) and drive that car from ocean to ocean. I plan on starting at the atlantic ocean in Maine, and dipping my front wheels in the pacific ocean in CA. ---- one of those crazy dreams Ive always had and plan on achieving within the year.

The chevelle also has ice cold AC - that 66 didnt and it was brutal going through rte 40 in the summer. blew the water pump in arkansas and replaced it at a waffle house with a crowd standing around us...I think it was 100 degrees on that pavement.....ohhhhh...the fun ......wouldnt change it for the world though....

16. I thought his passenger was going to rob him, then we would see the other guy driving with the first guy gone.... haha..

17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Ha!!! Klaz, you hit it!! I just couln't put my finger on it!! The music was kinda...well...but in a wierd way...it worked. That was cool!!!

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very interesting concept. I'd like to do the same thing only in real time, and live, from coast to coast. Still working on it for spring.

19. James66g

James66g

Well then now that explains the break down! Just kidding that was pretty cool I am wondering how he mounted it that the camera was there in the morning as well! Neat idea and the message explanation in the beginning makes it all make sense very cool!

20. PurHell

PurHell
    from So Cal

Makes me want to jump in the '66 Toronado and go.. Convert sure adds to the "feel"...

Love to see what he rigged to film.. Camera in the trunk and a remote Lens ?...

Nothing to do with Rods , but I love the way this kid filmed his trip across China
    http://vimeo.com/4636202

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

Pretty cool.I wonder when it was shot.

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

That was very cool Ryan, makes a guy want to get in the HotRod and roll .......

23. plan9

plan9

24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yeah, I dig it.

25. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Hey! I just did the same thing in my 68 Galaxie Convertible a few weeks ago...Only it wasn't cross country (Starved Rock State Park actualy) and I only took one picture...Enjoy!

Attached Files:

26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Sweet. Everyone loves a road trip.
    Had my 8 and 10 year olds watch it and they really dug it!

27. lolife

lolife

I like it. I even like the beat, but I'm too old to understand what the lyrics are. Sounds like "kiss my ass" or something.

Anyway... I was just going to say, I think that thing needs a front-end alignment. I'm just thinking that steering wheel is moving a lot! :p

I like the "end" sign at the end, and the sun and moon zipping across the sky. I declare it talent. Thanks for posting the link, as I'd never find that on my own.

28. Here's a similar time-lapse road trip video shot on Route 66 with equally bizarro music by Depeche Mode. Plus, as an added bonus, there's more shots of cool old cars in junkyards!

I remember seeing this video about a hundred years ago on some show on PBS and Ryan's post put me on the search to find it online.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6376n_depeche-mode-route-66-trance-remix_music

One of these days I'm going to figure out how to actually embed a video in the forums like all the cool guys do. But not tonight.:rolleyes:

29. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

I somehow found this video about a year ago (almost to the date!) and posted it on my fledgling car build blog. From what I determined from looking it up last year, the song is "Behind," by the Euro(?) band Lacquer. I dunno, I kinda like the music. Fit the video vibe, I thought.

**Updated**
    Yeah, here we go. Click here for info on the video.

30. I rather enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.