Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car and driver magizne... Scam and Fake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rotten johnny, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

This months car and driver has a artical about a bmw twin turbo suv that goes anywhere,hauls anything and beats anything.They show it hauling bails of straw and driving on the e-way and then beating a stright axle,fuel injected,altered wheelbase 63 chevy II on the dragstrip................Whooooooa. That is my chevy and that little red suv couldn't beat my car in its wildest dreams. Do they really have to photo crop and mis-represent the public into thinking if they buy a bmw suv,then thay too can do what their mag says. I hope someone who advertises in that book see's this and decides on why they support the down rite lies they print.
    I have posted this on the car and driver message board and have no reply from them. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone at car and driver so I can present them with a little reality......and attitude.
    Show and tell the truth is the best policy,lie and cheat and scam is how to sell and make money..........I hope they fold up.
    John
    [​IMG]

2. I like your car better anyway, Johnny.

3. them lyin' bastards

I'll bet you perked up when you saw the picture for the first trime

4. skunx1964

skunx1964

5. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

what bullshit!

6. flatford39

flatford39

I would think they would have at least asked permission to use your car in their photo. Did they???

7. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

I would think that there is a legal issue here somewhere. If this didn`t actually happen, they shouldn`t be allowed to print it without stating so. I would hope at least.

8. Yea, ask them to see the the paper you signed off on or you'll get a lawyer.

9. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

10. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Hell no,there was never no contact whatsoever. Buddy called a coupla days ago kinda laughing asking me when did you get your doors blown off by a suv,I thought he was kiddin me. I know this world is messed up but WHY try to decive the public? Alls I can say is the mag,editors and writers are LAIRS,CHEATERS and WANNA BE SCAMMERS.
    Bring that ol bmw out,title fer title and write an artical bout that.
    I'll be driven around in a little red suv.
    No wonder the only time i see that mag is in the doctors office,makes me sick.

11. poorboy

poorboy

they should set up the actual race and do an article in their magazine about it afterwards

12. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Call Car & Driver, tell them that the nova is yours and arrange for an actual race. See what they say.

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Dude. Do it. It looks like whatever post you put up over there is gone, I would on there and kindly say you are willing to race that car for pinks and see...

14. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

CONTACT CAR AND DRIVER MAGAZINE:

1585 Eisenhower Place
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
    734-971-3600
    HOW TO SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
    E-mail us at [email protected]. E-mails intended for publication should include the name of the writer and the town and state of his or her residence. We reserve the right to edit e-mails for accuracy, clarity, and length. (Note: Writers wishing to remain anonymous or wishing to use imaginary names for dramatic or satirical purposes must nonetheless include their true names and addresses for purposes of verification.)

15. Title for title? Great idea! ....and publicise the race heavily. Better yet, give them a chance to pay you for advertising without your consent or race title for title...either way.
    Insist on payment equal to the cost of that little red shitbox if they don't wanna race.

16. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

17. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Surely you ran him down on the big end LOL

18. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I was going to ask you what that Chevy II runs, but if you are going to make C&D put their BMW where their mouth is then I won't ask... That would be cool...

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

20. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

How many spots that beemer need to make this happen.???
    Come on all you hambers........jump on board and lets make this happen.
    I'll let you drive my little red beemer when were done.

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Car and Driver needs to see this post...... Your Chevy rocks!

22. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

DId I miss this episode of "Pinks"?

23. good lord... i suck at photoshop... but the intern that did this one needs to be replaced by a HAMB'er

i hope they take you up on your offer :D

Attached Files:

24. I remember Hot Rod or Car Craft did a cover shoot a few years ago where they had a car (I think a Chevelle or something) launching off the line, hanging the front wheels. They later admitted they had the front of the car up on jack stands and took the picture, and then just photo-shopped the jack stands out.

I put very little faith in what magazines put out these days.

25. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

That was the first thing I noticed about the picture, terrible Photoshop job.

That is one bad ass Nova.

26. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

What a load of crap! I want to see a REAL race!

27. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Surely the power of the HAMB can be used in some way, This is just Wrong!

:mad:

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

wow...just wow.

And by looking at your car in comparison to the beemer, it appears that your aiming directly for the wall!!!

Better let out and get it back in the groove!!!

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'd get in touch with BMW.

Its their public relations disaster...

They might be as motivated to correct this as you are.

30. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Thanks newbomb..............Called C-D....they said the editor will call me shortly..................Gonna get some justice here hopfully.
    Id like to think there would be SOMETHING here but in today's world nothing would surprise me. THANKS HAMB. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.