Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOS cars found in Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped 66 Bug, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I don't get here much so forgive me if old news. I did look for several pages back.

Anyway in case some don't know, There is to be an Auction in September in a small town in Nebraska of some 50 cars. The killer is some are mid 60's Chevys and brand new, never driven nor titled. One I remember was a 65 Impala, 3 speed with a 327? Anyway reason for my post is this, Were you to manage to purchase such a rarity (also a cool Chevy Pickup, 4 miles on it I think) What would be best to do with it? Have it checked out and drive it like ya stole it? Keep it as is, dust and all? Or clean it up and drive it rarely. I think I read there are 10 or so that are new cars? Also a parts room full of NOS Chevy parts.

Thanks, Mike

2. F&J

F&J

nope, ....never heard it mentioned here before :)

I am older than you I bet, so Me?, I would go through it to make it good, and drive it as much as I could, but not in salted winter roads, etc. But I would not save it as is to keep zero miles, I don't need more dead useless cars.

PS I think there are 50 new cars/trucks total. We just can't get someone to say if most were stored outside or not.

3. chopped

chopped

4. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

OK didn't dig deep enough. I found the previous thread on this but still I am interested to know what some might do with one of these. Wonder what kinda crazy prices they will bring?

Mike

5. KKrod

KKrod

I wouldn't have a place to keep one. I would have to drive it. But the ones I saw that were stored inside will have to go in collections. They are a time capsule that should be kept. Some of the new ones may have been stored outside. That is one I would be willing to drive.

6. milo1303s

milo1303s

7. redroaddog

redroaddog

lambrecht chevrolet in pierce nebraska vanderbrink auction co. the 58 cameo with 1 mile on the speedo but the roof looks bent in front would love to have it and drive it like i stole it....Dave

8. joeb1934

joeb1934

i heard there's 500 cars at the sale, plus parts. 2 day sale. my buddy's dad does a lot of work up in the area, and says that a lot of the cars were parked in plain sight, right off the highway. parts got stolen off some over the years. some were in a building that had the roof cave in on them, hence the damage in some of the pics. still, should be a great sale. once in a lifetime opportunity. i've never heard of a sale like this, not with this many in one place.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have GOT to hit the lottery before September ! :eek: I want that white 64 Impala bad. Absolutely amazing for sure. What a time capsule.

Don

10. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm from Nebraska originally. Went there one Saturday---I remember a 64 Chevy inside the garage, a 67 or so p/up outside by the house with the bed floor on the ground, a 65 or 66 Impala, white 396 and I seem to remember a 4speed also outside by the house, a brand new 63 Impala, small V8 auto by the curb. Knocked on the door of the house---they had a grocery bag with "Go away" taped to it. Real weird day.