Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fall Parts Meet - Carlisle, PA Anybody?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ol Skool '51, Oct 2, 2012.

1. We plan on going up Thu. Oct. 4th for the day. Looking for just about anything, especially "ol Skool Kustom". Any other HAMB members setting up or going?
    My Carlisle Shopping Plan...Walk one lane, eat. Walk another lane, drink. Walk another lane, eat again...so on and so on, until my son has to load me into the parts cart and wheel my tired ass to the truck :D
    Always a great way to spend the day instead of working :eek:
    HAMB'ers let us know your space numbers.

2. 41will

41will
    from Hanover PA

Not going this year but have fun man! Is a good plan. Draft beer stand opens at 10:00am or 11:00am.

3. NJ 48 & 49 in the North Field, stop in and take a load off of your feet.

4. Do you have a spot where I could lay down and take a nap? Bad, Bad Knee, but with enough pain meds I can go for at least 8 hrs of walking. Just have to stay away from that west hill :eek:
    We will stop by, put a HAMB sign up. I wear my HAMB T-Shirt.

5. 5window

5window

Going on Friday-no one to go with this year, but I'll move at my own speed. Sounds like the weather might be good.Hah! I'll still bring my rain suit.

6. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Leaving NY in about 3 hours. Thursday, Friday, Saturday for me.

7. Jeanne and I made it only
    1131 miles from our front door....Homeward bound now...We met some fellow hambers there.....Even some of our customers!!!

8. 5window

5window

But tomorrow, it's going to be sunny and warm!

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got to Carlisle arond 11:00am on Thursday, just after the rain stopped. Crowds were light, I thought. Pickings were slim for what I'm looking for (ealy Ford stuff), but picked up some supplies. Going back this morning (Friday) to finish up.

Back to PA next week for Hershey to wind up the season.

10. RH2795

RH2795

Can't make it this year but hope to make Hershey next week. Enjoy it guys.

11. customcory

customcory

My son is up there walking around!

12. 5window

5window

Great weather today-hot,even. I walked it all,didn't get much stuff but had a good time

13. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

Went up Thursday afternoon. Free parking and lots of vendors closed up around 5. Stayed till 6 or so but couldn't find anything I was looking for.

Wish I had thought of your eat walk drink walk eat plan.....

14. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Check out gulley performance. Great tools.

15. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of empty Vendor spots on the hill, especially on the steep slopes and in the swamp it was down to about 50% occupancy on Friday. The rest of the place was about 'normal', from what I could see.

Just for fun, I started taking note of some of the more non-car Vendors during the last hour or so, such as Bath Fitters, Horizon Cell Phones and a Vendor selling tatoos (although she had no visible tats - smart girl). Non related items included diabetic socks, wennie roast tongs, and fish aquarium heaters. I should have kept a list from the start.

16. Bath Fitters! :eek:

W.T.F.!

See what happens when I don't go. The place goes all to hell. :D

31 straight years, this was the first fall event I missed. :(

17. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

Free parking by the diner (it was 4pm when I got there. I believe that explains why

18. It ain't what it used to be, turnout light, empty vendor spots and the greedy b@$^@&*$ at Carlisle were charging the vendors $5.00 for straw.

19. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Any swap meet is beter then working! Great weather,Had problem with parts wagon,cracked a wheel, Too much Beer in cooler,did a temp fix with hose clamps,had to spill all the beer out! JUST KIDING,Got a nice bumper and a solid set of doors for my 50/54,Beats working!Off to Hershey on Wednesday,Sorry I missed Stan and the goodies! Lucky

20. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Turning into Chinese tool venders, mostly muscle cars parts.

Ago

21. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

Heading out bright and early thursday morning, hope to be there around 1:00 PM. get in the afternoon, all day Friday, and head home around 1:00 Saturday. Just the right amount of time and waaaaalking. Car guy heavan!!!!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

So I haven't missed anything since the last time I was there in 1978? Bob

23. 5window

5window

Although Friday was a beautiful day, I thought the crowd was moderate and the vendor #'s moderate,too. Sad, but true, there are lots of non-car related vendors, the cars have really shifted away from hotrods and customs and antiques to "last 15 yrs or so" whatevers. Prices or high, or not, but the information technology today helps identify what your stuff is worth. It was $10 to park (too high) and $10 get in (okay). Lately, I have been taking lunch in with me-they changed all the old food places -at least since spring-and the man I bought hot sausage sandwiches from for years is long gone-along with the reasonable lunch cost.

I had a great time, but it's an 160 mile round trip and this was the first time I thought that maybe I could just do it once a year. Too bad.

24. Next time go outside of gate 2, walk down that side street a tad and on the right hand side is a house that serves great "homemade" food and deserts CHEAP! 5 bucks gets you a BBQ burger, drink AND desert. YUMMMMMM

25. 29pu

29pu

With all the empty spots in the flatter lands they sould get rid of that hill section.Every year that thing gets steeper it seems.

26. 5window

5window

Thanks, I'll make a note of that.

27. We arrived Tuesday at 6PM. Staying until the car show on Sat.