Register now to get rid of these ads!

new ontario swap meet Rockton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B Lawrence, Nov 20, 2011.

1. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Rockton Ontario.....1st annual indoor swap meet. Dec. 11th..2011. It will be a good one....

2. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Brian, Where in the hell is Rocton, and how do you know it will be a good one? Is there any advertising for it? Are you going to the Motor city Swap meet at the International centre??? Larry

3. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Larry... I will be at the international centre with lots of good stuff! The swap in rockton is put on by Brian Hounsel and his son David. I will be there 3 tables of good stuff. I will have flyers at toronto....
    Brian

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  4. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Well Waterdown at Rocton was good.
    If it's not a blizzard I might make it.

5. I will be car-less at the time. If anybody needs a passenger/somebody to help pay for gas, and lives in the Rexdale/Etobicoke area I'll be glad to tag along...

6. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

To which one Mitch? I'm going to try to make both if I can.
    I live at Queen and Roncey.

7. BillyM

BillyM

Thanks for the Rockton tip and the reminder about the International show! I'll be there for both.

8. I was just talking about the one B Lawrence mentioned. What other one are you talking about. I am kind of new to the Ontario area and don't really now that much about the scene here or the people in it.

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Well there's the one in Rockton and the one at the International Center next to the airport here in Toronto.

10. No way I live by the airport. Do you have a link to that one? Would public transport swing by there? I pretty much have to take public transport everywhere as my only vehicle is my '56 and I have it up for storage near Ottawa.

11. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

The new swap at Rocton is not to be missed. Brian Hounsel is one of the principals in the Waterdowm/Rockton swap meet and is focasing on hot rod and race parts. It will be inside. Let"s support this new venue.

12. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

13. grabrr

grabrr

If Rockton is half as good as Ancaster, it'll be well worth the trip.

14. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Google it dude

15. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Any Hamber"s going to attend ?

Brian...

16. cannuk

cannuk

Sounds good will be there for sure ,short of a snow storm Thanks Chris

17. grabrr

grabrr

Is it listed in Old Autos? I'd think of going, depending on the weather, I'm a furnace guy so if it's crappy cold out, I can't go far from home.
    Rockton can't be that big, should be easy to find.....

18. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Spectator admission:$4. Vender admission:$15 for the first table. $10 for each additiol table. Check this .......Free breakfast for venders. And there breakfast is super good.

Brian

19. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Dave There won"t be any of that there ! Only Rodders and Racer Parts. Just ask your buddy BobT!

20. CanuckSS

CanuckSS
    from Ontario

Thanks for posting this Brian!

Our aim for this swap meet is to give something back to the car community. Proceeds of the event will be given away to either a local racing organization or perhaps another organization related to the racing or street rodding hobby.

In a perfect world we would like to have a building full of vendors selling hard core racing and street rod parts. We are trying to be selective with what vendors are selling and we certainly do not want to see any tube socks for sale!!! We also want to appeal to a wide variety of spectators.

Vendors receive a free breakfast.

There are between 50-60 vending spaces available.

For any more specific information you can contact me directly at 905-304-9560 or at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your interest.
    Dave Hounsell

21. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I should be there, thanks for the heads up

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Sounds like it should be worth the hop over the bridge... I'm gonna round up a few of the usual suspects and see if anyone wants to scoot up.

23. Chemin

Chemin

My calendar is marked for both meets.

24. Hi Dave;

I have sent you an e mail on behalf of ONDR.
    We wish you guys all the best for this flea market..

Socks and T's is the reason I don't attend Barrie anymore.
    Rick
    ONDR INC
    ==============================================

25. awesome! i cant wait for this one, i will be there with a table full of early olds speed parts and all that fun stuff... and some tube socks.

26. I am thinking of vending at the International center with lots of good stuff left over from a few builds ago. Rockton sounds like a good gig. I will be in touch as soon as I get my calendar in order.... TBJ
    I have some great stuff to go home to someone...and at a good price....Bring your cash Larry !!!

27. ardyboy

ardyboy

We'll be there

28. I'm going to make an effort to be at both events this year... Rockton and the International Centre.

Shall we set up a HAMB meet and greet for both events?

29. Not Barrie obviously!