Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

Yikes!!! It looks like that MOPAR escaped from the local dirt track!!! The stuff they did to cars to try and stay competative is scary to see!!! I still think the blue 64 Falcon would look good along side my Comet!! ROY

2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Love the white wall fronts.Falcon is hanging back just in case something falls off.

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I like this one, love the one tube on the header comes down close to the outside of the fender.

Jon

4. Falconred

Falconred

Last time I saw this car it was sitting in a similar setting at Atlanta Speed Shop Dragway in Covington, GA around 1965 or '66. I wish I had taken some photos at that time.

5. This is the ex-Bonner, ex-Jim Cagle car after Jim sold it. Anyone know where it is today???:confused: Jim has built a very nice replica with Phil's help.

6. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Speaking of Marshmellows.Fast Eddie Helping out with my Cammer.Not sure what hes doing there.Its a good thing my engine has some protection wrapped around it.

[​IMG]

7. 65COMET

65COMET

WOW,that is a scary photo!!!!! ROY

8. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

[​IMG]

Dad warming up the tires at Bandimere.

9. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

10. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;I think I see a speck of dirt on Fast Eddie's Falcon! I watched your Dads pass at Bandimere,he needs to give that sucker some LOUD pedal!!My friend John has a 64 Futura that his Grandfather bought new,he was drooling over your Dads 64!!John's 64 runs a 351W+.030,4-speed,runs low 10's on the motor. ROY

11. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Roy I keep telling dad the same thing.Let the Big Dog EAT.

12. havi

havi

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Great pics, guys!

13. troneew

troneew
    from Georgia

Dave Lyall question - Did you sell the 67 Fairlane to Harold Schnarr from Lewistown, Illinois? I saw it run many times. It was an awesome Ford. I remember the first time I saw it run was a match race with the 57 Chevy "Shake, Rattle, and Run" from Chicago. The Fairlane won.

[​IMG]

14. flatout49

flatout49
    BANNED
    from lindsay

here you go its a ranchero but along the same line

mag4.jpg

15. Dave Lyall

Dave Lyall

TRONEEW:

Yes, Harold Schnarr bought my '67 Fairlane shown in the clip, in early 1968. He was at a Gas Funny Car Show in the Peoria Area which I won against altered wheelbase injected Funny Cars using a standard wheelbase, carbureted car and he was so overwhelmed he had to buy the car and would pay any price. I already had received my '68 Cobra Jet Mustang which was originally intended for only NHRA SS/G, and intended the Fairlane for NASCAR and AHRA heads-up Super Stock Cars. Harold made me an offer I could not refuse, and I let him have the car. Until I built my '69 Mustang I used my spare Fairlane Tunnel Port engines in the otherwise legal S/S '68 Cobra Jet for NASCAR and AHRA heads-up races, even winning a few of them against Hemi Cuda's, Darts, and 427 Cameros. Harold raced my old Fairlane for a couple years until he finally blew the engine. He ended up selling the car, and I understand it is in the Northwest Area. That Fairlane was arguably my most successful race car, as I cannot remember ever being defeated in class, and held the class ET and MPH records in both NASCAR and AHRA all the time I owned it. In addition, I actually made money while campaining the car, something hard to do without a major Dow-Jones top 100 sponsorship. Attached is a picture of my Cobra-Jet, which was also very successfull in both NHRA S/S and NASCAR. Dave Lyall

Attached Files:

16. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Sweet pictures thanks all !!!

17. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Here is an entire four page article taken in 1965 of the 1965 Falcon "Georgia Shaker" of Hubert Platt. What an awesome machine!

1) Note the absence of a Roll Bar.
    2) Note the Back Seat is left installed!
    3) Note the 1964 model year "Sprint" tail panel shield.
    4) This was the early stages of the "Georgia Shaker" of Huber Platt. Later he was to drive a straight axle AWB variant of a 1965 Falcon.

Thank You!

Attached Files:

• F1.jpg
      F1.jpg
      File size:
      483.7 KB
      Views:
    • F2.jpg
      F2.jpg
      File size:
      493.1 KB
      Views:
    • F3.jpg
      F3.jpg
      File size:
      485 KB
      Views:
    • F4.jpg
      F4.jpg
      File size:
      487.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  18. mtrhed

mtrhed

This is the SAME car as the AFX Georgia Shaker III. Built by Hubert himself - when Ford refused to give him a Cammer motor - he decided to beat up on them with a 427 FE. This car was modified later that year to Altered Wheelbase with a narrowed Econoline Van staight axle- a custom set of Hilborn injectors on a Holman Moody GT-40 Weber intake - The custom Doug's Headers and Cragars were also added along with a roll bar. Stripped down to fighting weight and with a healthy dose of Nitro - Hubert took on all comers with the the Falcon at Lyons and he put most of them back on the Trailer - including the Cammer guys.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  19. mtrhed

mtrhed

Here are a few Photos of the car as it is today - from a couple weeks ago at the World of Wheels Show in Atlanta , GA .

Attached Files:

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Did anybody notice that the bumpers are swapped end to end?Check photo #170.ROY

21. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

22. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

23. Falconred

Falconred

Whose Falcon? I can't tell from the photo.

24. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Wow....:eek: Very nice

25. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie's Falcon is WAAAAAY too clean!!! I guess when there is too much snow to drive, you clean your cars! Eddie's Falcon looks nicer in person,does not run too bad either. ROY

26. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

This is Dick Brannans Falcon.Looks like Early testing after completion .the whole article is about the debut.I'll scan some more out of it and post. Speed and Custom 1964

27. Falconred

Falconred

Thanks, I thought it looked like Brannon's but I couldn't be sure.

28. Falconred

Falconred

I think Hubert built three Falcons, two for himself and one for Tommy Neely.

29. ronnie tidwell

ronnie tidwell
    from odessa tx