Register now to get rid of these ads!

concept drawings on hamb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Geronimo!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

last one..goodnight.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for the accolades Ryan. I am not a regular like I used to be, primarily due to the topics like Stone brought up (what do you get out of disrespecting others work?)
    The 'concept drawing' title caught my attention. I did not realize how much my work was appreciated on the HAMB. My design work tends to be of the type of car Stone here is referring to, but I still consider them Hot Rods, actually more like works of art. Even if you do not like the high end type of cars, you have to appreciate the fabrication and creativity that goes into these machines. I like the traditional style, and to show my appreciation for the kind words, here are a few sketches and renderings for your viewing pleasure. The second to last sketch is the original sketch I did of my black cabriolet 'Chopt 34'. The final photo is the finished car, and the other two garage mates.
    (Sorry about the crappy photos due to the flash flare)
    Thanks again guys!

Chris

Attached Files:

4. Here is a 40 ragtop

Attached Files:

5. Stacks of Kustom Koncepts

Attached Files:

6. The reason for my username

Attached Files:

7. Here is the Chopt 34 and the coupes.

There is some nice art on this thread. Beautiful Pontiac Muscleboy!

Attached Files:

8. Ryan, That first concept drawing of Ito's has some very familiar styling cues. How far along is it do you know? Maybe you should show him this! Not as swoopy but I've already done it!

Attached Files:

9. Curbspeed,

Really nice truck! Love the style. The little roadster pickup has evolved from this initial sketch, so it does not look like this anymore, so no worry.
    What part of Washington are you? I used to live North of Amboy (north east of Vancouver). I sure miss the scenery.

10. [ QUOTE ]
    Tooting my own horn...concept, albeit late model...2004 T-Bird with '57 T-Bird front and rear fenders.. .The car should be in the paint booth now...and be done in time for SEMA show . Done in pen and ink, colored markers.

[/ QUOTE ] Love it!
    Who is building the car? (and how can I con my way into the SEMA show?)

11. [ QUOTE ]
    last one..goodnight.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No! Don't quit now...do a 57 Ford, and a 59 and-and... [​IMG]

12. Chopt 34, I'm not worring about it at all. I just gotta kick outta the fact that it was a 29 with exhaust pipes identical to what I made up.(Doanne Spencer inspired that is)I live on the outskirts of Tacoma---The City of Destiny!

Chris, I went back and read the post a little closer and just now realized the connection. Post a pic of the rpu if you would please. I would like to see what ya got going on. Your a very good artist . I appreciate your work as well I'm sure the rest of us on here do. Thanks Dale

13. dondanno

dondanno

This has got to be one of the best posts in a while(JMO). I love what you guys are doing and that you can put your thoughts to paper or some can just tell you what they want and there it is. Chris I have always enjoyed your work, even the scetch on Lacys wall. You and I know a lot of the same people IE Shaun Daryl and steve.
    Any way enuff blowing up your guyz skirts. Keep those pencils and pens going.
    Dale the truck looks great.
    ..Danny

14. This has to be the best THREADJACKING ever! [​IMG]

Picasso,Ito,Brush,Roger,others.............totally freaking amazing work!!!!!!!!!

15. Stone

Stone

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the accolades Ryan. I am not a regular like I used to be, primarily due to the topics like Stone brought up (what do you get out of disrespecting others work?)
    The 'concept drawing' title caught my attention. I did not realize how much my work was appreciated on the HAMB. My design work tends to be of the type of car Stone here is referring to, but I still consider them Hot Rods, actually more like works of art. Even if you do not like the high end type of cars, you have to appreciate the fabrication and creativity that goes into these machines. I like the traditional style, and to show my appreciation for the kind words, here are a few sketches and renderings for your viewing pleasure. The second to last sketch is the original sketch I did of my black cabriolet 'Chopt 34'. The final photo is the finished car, and the other two garage mates.
    (Sorry about the crappy photos due to the flash flare)
    Thanks again guys!

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let me restate that I meant no disrespect to anyones work.I personally like the different styles.I was under the impression that the term I used was how those of higher finances and builds were refered to.I look at the post about Posie building a Rat Rod.Among others.My idea was to draw out a A pickup in a fancy style.The question was in regards to the wheels I wanted to put on it.The sign would have said Billetred steelies provided by Stone or the individual I asked about.Just because he is famous for nice billet wheels also.I would like to put some of his billet wheels on my minitruck.It was all in satire nothing more.

Please don't take me for someone who likes to bad mouth people and cause trouble.Let me also state on the record these pics are awesome guys.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Bitchin art in here.

Here's one more I did awhile back.

[​IMG]

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is the Chopt 34 and the coupes.

There is some nice art on this thread. Beautiful Pontiac Muscleboy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chop34.....Are those your cars?....screw the art...lets see more pics of the steel!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. I hate you guys. I can't even doodle!!

19. i posted these a whle back, someday i'll get some new stuff done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a website loaded with cool vehicle drawing:
    http://drawthrough.com/

20. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

There is a lot of great talent on the board. Amazing, great work everybody.
    Here is a quick one I did last year. The owner wanted to see what these wheels and flames would look like on the car he was having built.

[​IMG]

21. toad32

toad32

Holy crap there are some seriously talented folks on this board. Every one is posting their concept artwork, so I thought I would post what I do. Here is a link to some software that I wrote to visualize color combo and graphics. The demo vehicle doesnt fit this board but I think you will get the idea. Thanks for a very INSPIRING post.

software demo

Later
    Carter

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Carter, that is pretty damn cool!

23. Plowboy

Plowboy

Toad, that is some really cool stuff.

These guys posting all these illustrations probably will want to really hurt you though.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, awesome stuff.
    Hey Toad, excellent software demo! There is definately a place for that, and that place will continue to grow, obviously. I do not want to speak for the other guys but, I for one do not feel awfully threatened by this. I think there will always be a place for the more traditional style of hot rod illustration. To me, the natural transition from mind to real steel (or 'glass?!) is with pen in hand (whether it be brush, pencil, stylus, airbrush ....). In other words, some manner of free-form expression combined with manual dexterity.

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

BTW, N8inks, I enjoy seeing the preliminary stuff as much as the finished pieces! Cool.

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

[ QUOTE ]
    Toad, that is some really cool stuff. These guys posting all these illustrations probably will want to really hurt you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, don't think so Plowboy. Technology will continue to march on...it's just that those of us that learned the old way (and have a bit of talent) have to make adjustments in how we do things...and sometimes software like that aids us tremendously...after all...if it wasn't for the computer and the HAMB...none of us would even be here...we'd be working in our own little world and you guys wouldn't be viewing artists worldwide!!!

R-

27. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

The paint program looks good Carter. I don't mind it either, heck I wouldn't mind playing with it. If we as illustrators could add in your own paint designs you have one more tool to work with. We would be working more with finished type cars anyway rather than starting from the beginning, no problem.

28. bdrake, did you do that all on the computer? It looks really good, nice clean lines and great shading.

Toad, That's cool that you could give somebody 5 or 6 ideas for paint in a matter of minutes. Great stuff.

29. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    bdrake, did you do that all on the computer? It looks really good, nice clean lines and great shading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks N8inks. Ya, that was drawn on the computer. I started of with pencil roughs, scanned and redrawn in Illustrator. I’ve been working on some non-computer stuff lately but nothing to share.

30. I am constantly blown away by the talent on this board. thanks to everyone for sharing their work.