Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Chevrolet 3 Window. Anybody Got One?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Benzine440, Feb 26, 2007.

1. An old friend of mine tells me he has been looking for 10-12 years to find a 1935 Chevy 3-window with zero results. He claims they are now as rare as Sasquatch's neckties.
    If you have one please post.

2. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I've seen a few '35 Chev 3 windows turned into oval track cars, but by and large they weren't popular as hot rods. Let me search my pics and see if I have one without a number on the side....:) At least this'll give you a bump!

Jan

3. Kurt

Kurt

This one i found about a year ago. It's waiting in the corner of the garage.

Attached Files:

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Master or standard?

[​IMG]

1935 Master 3W

[​IMG]

1935 Standard 3W

I have a friend with a 35 master 3W with a rumble seat. Both styles were wooden bodies covered with steel and didn't last too long. once they were deserted. I love both body styles. They both are rare.

5. TomH

TomH

I have 2 standards which I hope to start workin on in the next year or two.

Attached Files:

6. 8flat

8flat

I know of a '35 master for sale here in MT. Rough shape, but doable. Only year of factory suicide doors, as I'm told...

7. I have a 35 master

Attached Files:

8. rsg2506

rsg2506

I have a 34 standard which is pretty much identical to a 35 standard. The 35 master is totally diff.

-Rich

[​IMG]

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    They made a good many of them BUT
    They are somewhat rare ... because like TOMMY said, the wood goes bad and then they got trashed/junked.
    Never owned one but a friend has had one since the late 50's.
    I like them ... a good bit more room than my 32 3W Ford ...
    while they still look good IMHO.:D

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

we have had a few 35 master 3w call the shop for partsvery rare but most have been 36's but i cant be sure they were really 35's i dont recall a 3w 35 master coupe listed in the fisher body production list for 35,

11. The Masters have suicide doors and the first one piece roof stamping, correct?
    The standards have conventional doors and the roof inserts, yes?

Did Chevy use wood in the Master Series too? If so, when did they finally eliminate it's use?

Anyway he must want a Master because the entire search was sparked by the suicide doors.

12. mistoo

mistoo
    from Sweden

I got mine in 1984 (high school car). Sold it to my Dad in 1987. Last year he told me he never drove it and sold it back to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

1936 was a transition year wood-wise, and by '37, Chevrolet no longer used wood for structural purposes.

(got this info here, when I was looking into a '36 Master 3W)

14. 8flat

8flat

Nice car Mistoo.

Yeah, it took a while for Chevy to get over their wood addiction. GM owned lots of forest land, so they viewed the wood usage as business decision, according to what I read.

Gary

15. lowmaster

lowmaster

I've got a 34 Master 3W Rumble seat car. I've only ever seen two others in street rod form. It has a cool roll down back glass.

16. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

ihave 34 std 3 window body nice shape might be for sale.. for the right $$

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

Call 207-339-2046 they have one for sale, Chevy powered for $24,500.

18. mistoo

mistoo
    from Sweden

Thanks 8flat. Photos were taken last month in Utah. The car is on a ship right now headed my way. I have been trying to dig up old photos of when I first got the car.
    My Dad redid the car in the late 80's with a bit of the billet thing but most of that is gone now.

19. Sold a shell for one of those in early '06.. it had been a stock car but was savable. Went for $1500 as I recall. I forget if it was a 33, 34 or 35 but it looked just like most of the ones in these photos, the black primer hoodless one in particular.

20. TomH

TomH

mistoo, do you know where your hood sides came from?? There not stock '34-'35 Chevy.

21. mistoo

mistoo
    from Sweden

TomH
    My dad had a guy in Utah do the hood. Im not sure where the sides came from. I will shot him a mail and try and find out.

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

Im not sure if its a 35, somewhere in there.

Attached Files:

23. xanadu

xanadu
    from maine

still have an all original standard businessmans less runningboard mats if interested

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Unique to 1935, the Master series is the first with the one-piece "turret" roof and the only year for suicide doors on Chevrolet cars. Similar but oh so different from 36 in the body and similar but oh so different in the front end to the Standard 35 series.

Wood was used through 1936 in Chevrolets except a small production of 36 Standard sedans( 2 and 4 door) and coupes (5W only I understand) which had steel construction doors and primarlily steel structured bodies.

37 was the first year of total production steel structured Chevrolets.

25. kisam

kisam

I am missing the front fenders, running boards, and bumpers. I think I have everything else. Originally it was Washington Blue, but spent many years in a chicken coupe!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  26. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

saw one unrestored and running but a little banged up and mousy for 4500 on craigslist up in north dakota 2 yrs ago.
    I was brokity broke

27. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

The 33 Chevy Eagle series had a hood with the vertical louvers, that may be where the hood sides came from. They are kind of a rare car. The normal 33 chevy had the 3 side vent doors.

28. nadrog

nadrog
    from Sacramento

This is my old freind. I have had her for about 10 years. I had been aware of her for about 20 years before that. I bought her from the original family that purchased her here in town. She's as stock as the day she was made and will remain so as long as I have a say. Nice to see folks reaction to an original example of the kind of cars that were made back in those days.

Attached Files:

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  29. dubcee

dubcee

I will dig this old one up for inspiration, here is the one we just picked up for Dad, looking for a good frame and a hood

Attached Files: